Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Make people believe you're a girl IRL. And single.

You'll get free stuff left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbill View Post
    I don't remember that ever beeing a thing in Classic because of how scarce gold was.
    hah you think so, the amount of gold I made in vanilla from mc, bwl, aq40 sell runs was enough to take me through tbc. People would bid on item drops and could potentially go up to 3-4k for a good item or about 1-2k for an itemset from bwl or aq40.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    No idea, I just bought it back in the day. Was a pretty easy decision - grind 100 hours or pay $15 for my epic mount.
    there is no way on earth you bought 1000g for $15 during vanilla more like $150.

Quote Originally Posted by Amotea View Post
    Most of My gold post AQ opening was our guild doing bwl/mc gold runs aka we invite 10-15 randoms that could bid on items with gold
    I remember this on my server. Always laughed at people bidding on gear.

play the AH thats how you get stupid rich

I don't remember that ever beeing a thing in Classic because of how scarce gold was.
    I was one of the first people to have the UBRS key on my server. I used to open it for folks at 50-100g per pop for a few weeks while people were stilling leveling etc.

So while they might not have sold the run itself, it was easy to get in on that money unlocking doors. Or helping folks gain access to things that are otherwise gated.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    I was one of the first people to have the UBRS key on my server. I used to open it for folks at 50-100g per pop for a few weeks while people were stilling leveling etc.

So while they might not have sold the run itself, it was easy to get in on that money unlocking doors. Or helping folks gain access to things that are otherwise gated.
    Oh i remember having an ubrs key on my druid. Made lots of gold just opening it, even more if they hired me to heal

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Oh i remember having an ubrs key on my druid. Made lots of gold just opening it, even more if they hired me to heal
    I was a tank, so I often got asked to tank/lead the way. I probably made 20k+ gold over those first few weeks. Yes, I was a nerd, but I had a really good job and TONS of vacation, so I took a week off and leveled up. It was great.

Farm Grave Moss. Once naxx drops, become filthy rich

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Most people have probably quit the game already when that happens...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Most people have probably quit the game already when that happens...
    Bloody hell, you should put some bets down because it seems you have a crystal ball and can foresee the future. Mr Wizard.
    I reckon quater drop-off by Naxx of the launch pop, maybe even half. But once Naxx releases, a lot of players will flock back.
    -K

How do you earn gold in Vanilla?

• Farm like an actual farmer: Sun up til sun down. Runecloth from humanoids, thorium and arcane crystals from mining. Or maybe just find a good spot with a high density of mobs you can kill for silver/gold.
    • Other than that, traditional methods work: Become an alchemist and cook to supply raids with consumables. Just don't join a guild that expects you to supply them "For the good of the raid"(that means 'give us stuff free').
    • There's a decent sub-market as an engineer supplying bullets and scopes for hunters.
    • Enchanting is usually profitable as well, although it's a MASSIVE time and gold investment to get to max rank.
    • Clearing old dungeons isn't really very effective until you are in ridiculous end-game gear, but you can always run dungeons with a group and roll need on every single green, claiming to be an enchanter. That's kind of a dick move, so be aware of your reputation if you decide to do it.
    • I highly suspect that with the current short-patience and attention span of modern gamers, there will be a strong market selling carries for various quests and end-game objectives if you're geared enough and have a team that can do it reliably.

I'm sure there's a few other ways in this thread. But these seem like the most reliable.

Back in vanilla I got lucky with some epic world drops but I didn't want to deal with grinding mobs so I just bought some gold.

Grind high value vendor trash to get gold into the economy

1) Make female Gnome
    2) Take off your gear and dance
    3) Profit

The most reliable way in like 90% of games out there is to farm some resources and sell them on ah. That's what I've been doing since forever. There are always a few high demand recourses that nobody farms

I remember in STV, near Booty Bay, there are these gorillas that have a drop that NPCs for a good bit. I got about 1G from a moderate quantity of them. It didn't take that long either and back then it was kind of a lot for a level 35 player. Since the economy is going to be basically nothing the first few months, I'll probably do this.

I don't remember dungeons, but I remember my guild selling half of Molten Core for like 5000g back in the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Professions, farming different resources, dungeons, playing the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    What is the grave moss used for?