Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    I don*t think its has to do with people leavilng or that some few people think BFA is the worst Expansion ever!!! if you ask me I love BFA and it is on of the greatest expansion I have ever played (I am a vanilla player since 2005)

THe reason why so many guild gets lost is because now days... guild means close to nothing.... there are no Guild housing... every item you can buy in the guild vendor is like any other vendor... the items are not bound to the guild but to you...

and there is close to no consequence when it comes to leaving a guild... since with the sharing system... people never bump into eachothers...

Best things that Could happen,

Make a Guild Garrison/house -
    Make the Guild vendor items Bind to the guild... so if you leave a guild and join another one you lose the items...
    Make guild give you something cool or some interesting stuff "skills/perks/or something else"
    Make it so that when you leave a guild, you get a deebuf of 7 days before you can join another guild... "if you are kicked that does give you a debuf of 4" or something like that.

Open for more ideas that could make guild important again
    The game needs something more than just gear characters and collects things. Something else to work on like housing or guild hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    The problem is that core features upon which they heavily relied fell flat.
    Warfronts are snoozefests, Expeditions are rather monotonous for no real reward, Azerite Gear is, well, what it is, and other gear is far too available and far too powerful that there's really no "work" to put into it, aside from a few hours a week (unless you are fishing for WF/TF which is fully out of your control).
    Yeah I'm not a fan of any of the new features they added this expansion. Even the Azerite stuff feels like less rewarding Artifacts.

Our guild beat Mythic Daz, but can't even get enough people on for Heroic Storm...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    The game needs something more than just gear characters and collects things. Something else to work on like housing or guild hall.
    I agree, maybe back in 2005 guild worked like this, but now in 2019 we are ahead and we need something that shows us and give us a place to stay or a place to build up as a guild.
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Weren't there a lot of guilds dying in Legion too?

Yeah we haven Even had a 10 man raid in 2 weeks.....

Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    Weren't there a lot of guilds dying in Legion too?
    Not nearly as fast or as much, they're extending content out too far in BfA. At this point in Legion we were already well into 7.2, we don't even have a DATE for 8.2

We should honestly be coming up on the next raid release by early to mid June and there's absolutely no information.

Legion had legendaries and emissary mounts. As much as people whine about the RNG, it gave you a reason to go out and do content you wouldn't do with your raid/M+ team. That's a quite straight forward explanation, no matter what you think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Not nearly as fast or as much, they're extending content out too far in BfA. At this point in Legion we were already well into 7.2, we don't even have a DATE for 8.2

We should honestly be coming up on the next raid release by early to mid June and there's absolutely no information.
    8.2 will release in July because that's when the FFXIV expansion comes out.

My guild and everyone I know quick back last Oct/Nov timeframe as did I. We were so bored with the expansion already and nothing they add will probably change that. Probably won't be playing retail ever again unless they are systemic changes to the core of the game. Blizzard has no idea what they want their own game to be anymore in regards to gameplay and overall design. Feels like they are just throwing darts at a board and hoping something is popular enough to keep people playing.

- Character customization
    - Higher skill cap
    - Revert GCD change
    - More meaningful abilities and class design

My class is no longer fun to play at all so anything they possibly add to the game will be a boring shitfest that I won't enjoy and will not want to play. I think the legacy of BFA will go down as that expansion when they pretty much destroyed gameplay fun for just about every class imo.

There's no denying the game is less populated recently, compared to last Fall when BfA was fresh and new. But I am shocked at all of a sudden, last several weeks, both full servers I play on, have become near ghost towns;

- All the big cities have way less players running around than normal.
    - /2 Trade chat talk is very quiet and sometimes long gaps between new comments, where typically is a nonstop flow of comments one after another.
    - Guild's losing players, not nearly same amount of players on lately.
    - My huge friends list, always had people on, now it's mostly greyed out, showing people not been on for weeks or months even.

Quote Originally Posted by temple1906 View Post
    8.2 will release in July because that's when the FFXIV expansion comes out.
    Last 2 weeks of june is more likely, early access for ShB is the 28th since SE isn't too worried about the 4th :P but late june would allow them to release the raid "about 3 weeks later" like they said they were going to without impacting the fourth, since Blizzard does care about it.

There's no incentive to be in a guild unless you want mythic raid progression. M+ require only 5 people, titanforging from M+ devalues the raid gear, and master loot removal destroyed the need to raid as a guild. Guilds were reduced to 20 strangers that log in 2-3 times per week for a shot at personal loot/bonus roll titanforge.
    Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.

I mean

my guild has no desire to step into mythic CoS.

So it's basically a content drought. What's the point in banging our heads against the wall for an overtuned 2 boss raid.

Hard pass

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sethus View Post
    There's no incentive to be in a guild unless you want mythic raid progression. M+ require only 5 people, titanforging from M+ devalues the raid gear, and master loot removal destroyed the need to raid as a guild. Guilds were reduced to 20 strangers that log in 2-3 times per week for a shot at personal loot/bonus roll titanforge.
    Spot on, even in my guild that generally all know and work well with eachother in multiple other games. There's no interest in wow during non raid times. We'll do our 15 mythic+'s for residdum and a weekly chest but that's it.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

BfA is truly garbage. Ranks really low among the expansions in my opinion.

My realm is dead. The World 300 guild just disbanded because nobody likes BfA

try leveling a new character, I queued as tank and healer and sometimes still had to wait 10mins+ for LFD to pop. If a dps left we didn't always instantly get another. Far less people play now and the expansion isn't even a year old.

I've never been a downer about content droughts, except at the tail end of the REALLY bad ones like post-Siege of Orgrimmar. I still find there are things to do in the game like level up my alts and collect pets, etc.

However, I do think that something's different this time. My guild is fairly large on my server, and always has its ups and downs, but other than during regular raids, I've noticed we never now have more than a small handful of people (5-7) on at any given time. That was NEVER the case in years past... even slow times usually had about 8-10 folks on, including weekends. I logged in this past Sunday morning around 9am server time and I was the only guildie on.

Been unsubbed for 4 weeks currently and barely miss it, think only 1 of my guildies is logging in daily

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    IDK; right now Nazjatar isn't really offering much. For me, at least.
    Pvp only players are the only ones not getting much. While you might not be interested in the content there is a lot of it. The raid is a small part of that patch, it is odd it is all you focused on.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

8.2 will be like Legion's Argus content, but even bigger.

I remember playing Argus launch week, and thought it was amazing and nice to see brand new fresh content in Legion at the time, and really enjoyed it. yeah that didn't last long, maybe a month or so before it got boring.

So at least in the beginning 8.2 will breath some new life and fresh air into WoW.