Azshara and her handmaidens

Simply said, is this wishful thinking, or an assumption, that several of the handmaidens really liked their boss ?

Cause without seeing evil everywhere, even taking in consideration the general Highborn clothing style, the handmaidens in the Eternity dungeon struck me as too poor to buy full set of clothes, the wrath of Azshara more than ''loyal'', Vash downright jealous of Tyrande….

Seduction was one of Azshara's things so definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Simply said, is this wishful thinking, or an assumption, that several of the handmaidens really liked their boss ?

Cause without seeing evil everywhere, even taking in consideration the general Highborn clothing style, the handmaidens in the Eternity dungeon struck me as too poor to buy full set of clothes, the wrath of Azshara more than ''loyal'', Vash downright jealous of Tyrande….
    Well, as Queen Azshara's Dressing Gown states, "The rumors of the Highborne's poor fashion sense seem to be true." So I am sure its more that than them being poor. Also, some (in and outside the game) has speculated that Azshara used some kind of charm spell, to seem more lovely than she actually was.
    Finally, they are handmaids. Even those working for the richest of the rich couldn't look too dazzeling so they couldn't overshadow those they worked for and their employers acquaintances. And if the above quote is an actual truth and not anecdotal, then that is a very low standard they were not allowed to cross.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Azshara used magic to make herself supremely beautiful in appearance as well as a kind of glamour that quickly made those in her proximity almost addicted to her very presence. Given the examples above, it seems very likely that her handmaidens and really anyone who served her were enamored of her to the point of obsession. Even Xavius was besotted with her and he was powerful enough to resist the direct effects of her bewitching glamour.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    Well, as Queen Azshara's Dressing Gown states, "The rumors of the Highborne's poor fashion sense seem to be true." So I am sure its more that than them being poor. Also, some (in and outside the game) has speculated that Azshara used some kind of charm spell, to seem more lovely than she actually was.
    Finally, they are handmaids. Even those working for the richest of the rich couldn't look too dazzeling so they couldn't overshadow those they worked for and their employers acquaintances. And if the above quote is an actual truth and not anecdotal, then that is a very low standard they were not allowed to cross.
    I always assumed that this was because, as Elven fashion, it was not very modest.

Are you trying to imply that Azshara had herself a yuri harem?

Cause I'm completely on board and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    Are you trying to imply that Azshara had herself a yuri harem?

Cause I'm completely on board and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
    She was more into goth/edge guys like Sargeras the Nodens cosplayer and Illidank, although I can imagine Azshara making her handmaidens have some "fun" like Aphrodyte does in GoW 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    She was more into goth/edge guys like Sargeras the Nodens cosplayer and Illidank, although I can imagine Azshara making her handmaidens have some "fun" like Aphrodyte does in GoW 3
    I think Azshara would get along really well with Sylvanas. Actually BfA suddenly starts to make sense if you just assume that it was N'Zoth moving all of the chess pieces into place so that we could get a giant Jaina vs. Sylvanas vs. Azshara vs. Tyrande pillow fight. All while Saurfang, Thrall, Baine, Zekhan, Anduin and Lor'themar are off somewhere being sad about HONOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I think Azshara would get along really well with Sylvanas. Actually BfA suddenly starts to make sense if you just assume that it was N'Zoth moving all of the chess pieces into place so that we could get a giant Jaina vs. Sylvanas vs. Azshara vs. Tyrande pillow fight. All while Saurfang, Thrall, Baine, Zekhan, Anduin and Lor'themar are off somewhere being sad about HONOR.
    We need mad Yrel and that sexy half breed Garona on that cat fight too, also the guys on warcraft are more oblivious than male characters from harem animes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Azshara used magic to make herself supremely beautiful in appearance as well as a kind of glamour that quickly made those in her proximity almost addicted to her very presence. Given the examples above, it seems very likely that her handmaidens and really anyone who served her were enamored of her to the point of obsession. Even Xavius was besotted with her and he was powerful enough to resist the direct effects of her bewitching glamour.
    Source????

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    Source????
    Explicitly related in the history of Sharas'dal, Scepter of Tides, specifically:
    Originally Posted by Words of Wind and Earth
    Queen Azshara's enchanted scepter afforded her great power. Imbued with the Well of Eternity's potent waters, it held sway over the rivers and the seas, aquatic creatures of all kinds, and the life energies that stirred within Azshara herself. She granted it a new name, one befitting its remarkable properties: Sharas'dal, Scepter of Tides.

One of the first things Azshara did with Sharas'dal was use its power to enhance her legendary beauty. As the years wore on, the queen seemed to grow younger and more mesmerizing. A brilliant aura enveloped Azshara, enthralling those who looked upon her. The Highborne marveled at this strange phenomenon. A few even took it as a sign of divinity. (Source)
    Her glamour is also mentioned in the "War of the Ancients" trilogy of books, specifically "The Demon Soul" when Illidan resists its power when he is confronted by Azshara and Sargeras himself.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Yeh.. he was a dude.. and she was powerful and beautiful, and she was queen - you don't need a glamour for the likes of him to be besotted with her.

- - - Updated - - -

Explicitly related in the history of Sharas'dal, Scepter of Tides, specifically:
    Originally Posted by Words of Wind and Earth
    Queen Azshara's enchanted scepter afforded her great power. Imbued with the Well of Eternity's potent waters, it held sway over the rivers and the seas, aquatic creatures of all kinds, and the life energies that stirred within Azshara herself. She granted it a new name, one befitting its remarkable properties: Sharas'dal, Scepter of Tides.

One of the first things Azshara did with Sharas'dal was use its power to enhance her legendary beauty. As the years wore on, the queen seemed to grow younger and more mesmerizing. A brilliant aura enveloped Azshara, enthralling those who looked upon her. The Highborne marveled at this strange phenomenon. A few even took it as a sign of divinity. (Source)
    Her glamour is also mentioned in the "War of the Ancients" trilogy of books, specifically "The Demon Soul" when Illidan resists its power when he is confronted by Azshara and Sargeras himself.
    Probably why she was jealous of tyrande, cos she was very lovely and mesmerizing even without a glamour, likely having a ring or halo of purity and divine grace likelky from Elune (i'm dramatising it a bit) but you get my drift.