Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really like this ideas, and i also have other things that i wish to get, like:

-Blowguns

I don't get why we don't have this yet for hunters, i mean... there are grey items for both Zandalari and Blood Troll blowguns!

-Survival Hunter with the option to transmog their 2-handed weapons, into 2 one-handed weapons (so we can all play like Rexxar, i mean... he's the character behind the fantasy for Survival Hunters!)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I plan to focus on fixing lore contradictions first. If you find any, please tell me.
    Well if we go with those first:

-As far as i know, most Kultirans mages are frost mages (mechanic wise), but by lore they are Tidesages, so their abilities should be themed around water instead of just ice

-If i remember correctly, the Zandalari's Paladins are servant of the Loa of Kings, or the Tiger Loa (don't remember its name), so its abilities would have mostly that look

- - - Updated - - -

That would be a lot cooler. However, I don't know whether Blizzard has any ideas for full melee hunter.
    Well... aren't Survival hunters that? in the end, even if they have 2 range abilities that are part of its rotation and the ability to turn their melee attacks into range (for like 20 secs), i wouldn't call the class a hybrid, as you still need to be in melee most of the time

I really wanted a Rogue-specific mount that let me fuse with my shadow and fly around as a 2D impression of my character.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I really like this ideas, and i also have other things that i wish to get, like:

-Blowguns

I don't get why we don't have this yet for hunters, i mean... there are grey items for both Zandalari and Blood Troll blowguns!

-Survival Hunter with the option to transmog their 2-handed weapons, into 2 one-handed weapons (so we can all play like Rexxar, i mean... he's the character behind the fantasy for Survival Hunters!)

- - - Updated - - -

Well if we go with those first:

-As far as i know, most Kultirans mages are frost mages (mechanic wise), but by lore they are Tidesages, so their abilities should be themed around water instead of just ice

-If i remember correctly, the Zandalari's Paladins are servant of the Loa of Kings, or the Tiger Loa (don't remember its name), so its abilities would have mostly that look

- - - Updated - - -

Well... aren't Survival hunters that? in the end, even if they have 2 range abilities that are part of its rotation and the ability to turn their melee attacks into range (for like 20 secs), i wouldn't call the class a hybrid, as you still need to be in melee most of the time
    Well, I mean, originally Survival Hunters were changed to be melee, but they do have a hybrid mix now, especially with aspect of the eagle.

Also, I always saw Rexxar as much more of a Beast Mastery hunter with how much he emphasizes all of his pets. Which is also why I thought the Beast Mastery artifact weapon should've been two throwing axes.

Edit: As for the Zandalari paladins, they were originally prelates of Rezan. I don't know if they follow Shirvallah now or not.
    Last edited by DotEleven; 2019-07-19 at 09:21 PM.

Did you like my purifier then?
    I do indeed. Your Sunwalker concept is also quite appealing.

I'm fine with something like this, as long as it doesn't end up in the fucking cash shop.

Also that artwork is top notch.
    Last edited by Sithalos; 2019-07-20 at 04:14 AM.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Damn, these are some good looking concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I really wanted a Rogue-specific mount that let me fuse with my shadow and fly around as a 2D impression of my character.
    Sounds funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elrihm View Post
    I'm fine with something like this, as long as it doesn't end up in the fucking cash shop.

Also that artwork is top notch.
    I hope they will rather hide it behind rep grind or something like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post

-Blowguns

I can't understand why can't we collect transmogs from grey items.

Simple thing but nice. However, I think Blizzard promised to remove some weapon restrictions in next expansion.

Tidesages are difficult. They are so far:

- Frost mages, although with stronger water theme. I wonder whether they are capable of wielding ice.

- Shamans, focused on water element but also capable of fire magic, according to Rexxar.

- Priests, I think shadow ones.

I want to wait. There is a speculation that the void left by Rezan will be fulfilled by other loa, Vol'jin. Tiger loa gives them power only in Hearthstone.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes, yes, yes, and a thousand more times yes. Great idea OP, hopefully Blizzard will listen to you
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

At first i thought it was a good idea, but i came around.

The thing is, this kind of implementation would be lazy and would not make justice to the fantasy of such classes. If you are gonna go around and make animations for these classes you should just go the whole way and make them unique. Either full classes or even as new specs for existing classes.
    Class skins would be a waste of potencial.

All I want are night elf priests and paladins with silver light effects instead of yellow.

They could really fuck with us by letting blood elf mages have blue eyes lol

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post

The thing is, this kind of implementation would be lazy and would not make justice to the fantasy of such classes. If you are gonna go around and make animations for these classes you should just go the whole way and make them unique. Either full classes or even as new specs for existing classes.
    I mean, I don't see why. It would just be animation kinda things and playing into what the races already are supposed to be for those classes. Like Tauren Paladins are SUPPOSED to be Sunwalkers. When they're channeling the light they aren't channeling the same Holy Light as Human Paladins, they're channeling there's from the sun. Same with Night Elves. If we got them, they're light is Elune not the Holy Light. The whole thing is that they're still the same class, just more into the actual lore of that race. They'd still function the exact same way.

But that's exactly what this is for, partially different classes/specs not unique enough to justify the effort of developing them as a full class, so they'd never see the light of day otherwise.

Without it, they simply won't happen at all. They're not a waste of potential. They're a chance to realise potential that would otherwise not be cost effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    No, seems pointless. Let's not butcher the lore further.
    It’s to help enrich the lore and make it more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    It’s to help enrich the lore and make it more accurate.
    A better solution would be to not have certain races have playable specs to begin with imo.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    But that's exactly what this is for, partially different classes/specs not unique enough to justify the effort of developing them as a full class, so they'd never see the light of day otherwise.

Without it, they simply won't happen at all. They're not a waste of potential. They're a chance to realise potential that would otherwise not be cost effective.
    I don't really agree with that. Many of these can be made as an extra spec for existing classes. Once Tinker is out, wich is in my view the only one still worth making a full class on, they can move to adding specs to existing classes that can be these options rather than just make them a cosmetic option.
    Add a Necromancer spec to the warlock, for example. A blood mage spec to the mage, and blademaster spec to the warrior, dark ranger for the hunter, etc. These things have potential still, where their fantasy can be fulfilled. I don't want them dismissed as cosmetics. I don't think it will feel fulfilling that way.

But if there was no chance of that, then i would say yes to the suggestion. But i do believe they can do those as specs for existing classes and it will fulfill the fantasy those deserve.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    I mean, I don't see why. It would just be animation kinda things and playing into what the races already are supposed to be for those classes. Like Tauren Paladins are SUPPOSED to be Sunwalkers. When they're channeling the light they aren't channeling the same Holy Light as Human Paladins, they're channeling there's from the sun. Same with Night Elves. If we got them, they're light is Elune not the Holy Light. The whole thing is that they're still the same class, just more into the actual lore of that race. They'd still function the exact same way.
    So, that is a different case imo. That would be like the Green fire effect for warlocks. That kind of cosmetic can be put in the game. Make their light effects a different hue, maybe more orangy or for Elune's white. That kind of stuff is fine. That is not worth a new spec/class, just a cosmetic touch. I'm in favor of that.
    My point is if you are making full on different animations, it's a waste to not turn it into it's own spec.

No, seems pointless. Let's not butcher the lore further.
    Is making night elf priests look really like priestesses of Elune butchering the lore?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Add a Necromancer spec to the warlock, for example. A blood mage spec to the mage, and blademaster spec to the warrior, dark ranger for the hunter, etc. These things have potential still, where their fantasy can be fulfilled.
    Yes, but they aren't different enough from Affliction/Demonology, Fire, Arms and MM to stand as their own specs. Cosmetics is probably the best way to pull them off.

Some of them even are those specs as a more generic variant.

A better solution would be to not have certain races have playable specs to begin with imo.
    limiting options is never a "better solution" in any sense of the word.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Yes, but they aren't different enough from Affliction/Demonology, Fire, Arms and MM to stand as their own specs. Cosmetics is probably the best way to pull them off.

Some of them even are those specs as a more generic variant.
    Eh, I mean. For the others, I understand. But I think Dark ranger COULD be a spec. It would delve into a much more sinister type of hunter while including some things that were removed. Like bringing Black Arrow back. Maybe movie the undead taunt minion summon to either another skill or a permanent pet. Incorporating Withering Shot from HotS. I mean, things are there that could separate it from MM. Meanwhile Blademasters big thing is spinning around wreaking havoc and yeah that's kinda filled by Fury.

Now, what I WOULD be interested as a spec is a Time based healing spec for mage. Very Bronze Dragonflight in feel and would do things have a big CD where instead of it being a "heal" they would send the target into a timeline where they didn't take that damage in the first place. Sorta like a Temporal Shield on an ally.