Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Doctored Video shows British Royal Band playing Imperial March for Trump & Elizabeth

https://twitter.com/TrueFactsStated/...28156818415617

and it's spreading as truth like wildfire. people are parodying it with other songs covered by orchestra bands. Karma or trolling?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    https://twitter.com/TrueFactsStated/...28156818415617

and it's spreading as truth like wildfire. people are parodying it with other songs covered by orchestra bands. Karma or trolling?
    So, you are saying those people spreading it are as bad as Trump about spreading fake news?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, you are saying those people spreading it are as bad as Trump about spreading fake news?
    never said that. reread the OP. im not taking either side.

10+ Year Old Account
    That depends... do you think the person who posted the video thinks Star Wars is real and that the queen and Trump are part of the imperial fleet?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Well, Trump does like to spread fake news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, Trump does like to spread fake news.
    The other side is just as bad! Don’t you see the OP? Now people will believe that Trump is part of the imperial fleet.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm writing a stern letter to my representative right now. The outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    I'm writing a stern letter to my representative right now. The outrage.
    too bad you live in antarctica. you dont have any representative except the reptilians that live in the underground government funded tunnels built by the Soros and Clinton Organization hisssssss

Man twitter is dumb. People asking "Is this real"?

"It's totally not a fair comparison! The Emperor actually ended the republic! Trump hasn't ended anything he's just attacking our republic! He hasn't actually done so how can you make this comparison it isn't fair??!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Entertainment and News are the reason I have twitter. Not because it's accurate but because shit hits twitter before almost anywhere else, and entertainment, nonsense like this
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Darth Donnie.....Donnie Dartho. Shit, I'll get this eventually.

Time to end this person's life and career for spreading fake news.

Oh, wrong tribe. It's cool then. Carry on!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not fake news, it's just parody.

I'd laugh if it was the queen and Obama.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    too bad you live in antarctica. you dont have any representative except the reptilians that live in the underground government funded tunnels built by the Soros and Clinton Organization hisssssss
    Some journalists need to hunt down the guy who made the reptilian conspiracy. That's far more damaging than a CNN gif or boozing Pelosi.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    just for info: royal guard band is capable of performing "Imperial March", as witnessed easily in 2017

gnihihihi

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't Endus cover this already in the other thread about the difference in satire and malicious intent?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Satire and mockery is pretty much always malicious and mischievous. The only difference is in how people perceive it. I for one am able to laugh at what others perceive as horrific and very damaging jokes. For example, I laughed my ass off listening to Crowder's litany of "offensive" words that he "apologized" for 20 minutes. Meanwhile on Twitter, people like Carlos Maza and Shaun&Jen were pearl clutching and calling on advertisers in a rather transparent attempt to start an adpocalypse.

My assumption is that some are either born in a deeply troubling state of emotional fragility, or they are actually normal, fighter-type people that stand up for themselves in a very new and controversial way, by appealing to 3rd party entities to do their bidding, instead of direct confrontation, i.e. debate in this case, as we stopped using pistols and duels.

IMO the right wing should give this a thought and maybe adopt this technique in a way or another, even if it means changing some "rules". After all, what's there to lose? If there's entertainment to be had, let's have some balance in it.

A good first step would be adoption of milkshaking, which is often dismissed as inoffensive mockery. Can we have proper milkshake duels or something? Looks quite one sided at the time.
    Mischievous, but not necessarily malicious. Blazing Saddles is a damn good satire (for it's time) but I wouldn't call it "malicious." It poked gentle fun at the racism of old western movies, and is one of Mel Brook's finest movies.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Time to end this person's life and career for spreading fake news.

Oh, wrong tribe. It's cool then. Carry on!

Sorry, it was too good to pass up.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty funny actually. The next time Putin visits a G7 nation, the band should bust out the Imperial March as well, or China for that matter.