15+ Year Old Account
    Damn never thought I'd see the day Messi would leave Barca. He's been there since he was like 13 right?

I know it's not definite yet but what teams do you lot see him realistically joining?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Damn never thought I'd see the day Messi would leave Barca. He's been there since he was like 13 right?

I know it's not definite yet but what teams do you lot see him realistically joining?
    I think he will join a oil club or ManU.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    man city, with Guardiola there... + they can pay him.

15+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt he'd even consider joining United. Like WarbringerPT said, if he was to join a PL club it would be City.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    "You're just a shit Tony Adams, a shit Tony Aaaaaadams"
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    man city, with Guardiola there... + they can pay him.
    I think near all Teams can buy him since his shirt will be sold a few million times.

So is City/PSG really going to paying 700m for this guy? 700m for a 33 yr old (or anyone) is insane. But it seems there is a free release clause in his contract according to some reports?
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

Join man utd so he can finally link up with Lingard?

10+ Year Old Account
    Juventus.

Because can you imagine..
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

I think near all Teams can buy him since his shirt will be sold a few million times.
    Shirt sales work out to about 4 weeks wages per million shirts.
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Shirt sales work out to about 4 weeks wages per million shirts.
    I dont think they will pay him 24 million per year anymore he is 34 also everyone want to see Messis first games so every stadium will be full (if they remove the corona rules). I also think the club can get new sponsoring deals with Messi on the pitch.

I dont think they will pay him 24 million per year anymore he is 34 also everyone want to see Messis first games so every stadium will be full (if they remove the corona rules). I also think the club can get new sponsoring deals with Messi on the pitch.
    Sponsor deals would only have relevance if a potential club was up for renewal. But City recently entered a 10 year deal with Puma (per BBC). Puma are not going to offer more money if City sign Messi - they already have a contract.

Winning trophies does far more for a clubs branding and image than a player I believe. Juve will be fuming with their UCL performance this year. They bought Ronaldo to help win the UCL not look pretty and sell merch.
    Last edited by durrtygoodz; 2020-08-26 at 08:06 AM.

Ronaldo is playin very good, he and Dybala are a good duo. They just need the third guy. Messi will sell so many jerseys and he still is one of the best players. He will be great under Guardiola if he goes to City, but I would love to see him in Juve with Ronaldo ( don't think it is possible )

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Sponsor deals would only have relevance if a potential club was up for renewal. But City recently entered a 10 year deal with Puma (per BBC). Puma are not going to offer more money if City sign Messi - they already have a contract.

Winning trophies does far more for a clubs branding and image than a player I believe. Juve will be fuming with their UCL performance this year. They bought Ronaldo to help win the UCL not look pretty and sell merch.
    I was more talking about the chest ad or the one on the arms of the shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    So is City/PSG really going to paying 700m for this guy? 700m for a 33 yr old (or anyone) is insane. But it seems there is a free release clause in his contract according to some reports?
    He had a clause, allowing him to break his contract without needing Barcelona's agreement or whatever, at the end of each year if he wanted to, but this clause was valid until the 31rd of May, so he can't use it anymore. He will probably play the "but Covid" card to get an extension of the clause.

Even if he succeeds and is free, he still earns more than 50m€ per year at Barcelona (I think it was 68m this year ?).

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    He had a clause, allowing him to break his contract without needing Barcelona's agreement or whatever, at the end of each year if he wanted to, but this clause was valid until the 31rd of May, so he can't use it anymore. He will probably play the "but Covid" card to get an extension of the clause.

Even if he succeeds and is free, he still earns more than 50m€ per year at Barcelona (I think it was 68m this year ?).
    Theres also a reality where Barcelona want him gone to clear out their books.

Their wage structure is all over the show and could get them in trouble.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Pogba has the rona.

Maguire fighting and bribing cops in Greece.

Gonna be another one of those years for utd

10+ Year Old Account
    The story of from Maguire is really something else. If his legal team can prove his version of events happened, there's going to be an investigation into corruption in Greek police.

If he's found to be full of shit, well, good luck to him.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Has Pogba been partying with Usain Bolt or what. Well anyway let's hope he gets better.

As for Maguire, dunno what to believe. I guess we'll see.

I believe Maguire.

If it was sterling though I would say lock him up!

Coverage of the event really highlights the different treatment if you're white with a slab head vs being young and black in england
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.