Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying to involve the public with the developemental process of the proposition I make. Some may not be interested and some some may take interest. Both are acceptable. But thanks for your advice nonetheless. I have taken those thing as a precaution even before I decided to showcase this idea in public. I am not denying the fact that this idea is greatly work in progress as many can see. Not all talents are exposed but atleast I have given some glimpse. I tried contacting one forumer here if he wanted to do a collaboration and still waiting for a response.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    I'm trying to involve the public with the developemental process of the proposition I make.
    And the public is telling you to abandon the proposition because it isn't functional. They are involving themselves, you just don't like what they're telling you.

No, no, no, no..... And no.

Just bring back MOP talents - design and it's all good.

IMO, there is no fixing talents. They should just be removed. All talents bring is a meta, always has, always will. Since the beginning of the game, talents have always been an illusion of choice. You pick one, but in every scenario, there's a "best one". Be taking the one that "feels best" or you like more e.t.c you are just handicapping yourself pointlessly
    Talents should be removed, all the current talents with a shred of decency should just be made baseline.

10+ Year Old Account
    After reading this I don't think I can say for sure I've understood the point D:

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    IMO, there is no fixing talents. They should just be removed. All talents bring is a meta, always has, always will. Since the beginning of the game, talents have always been an illusion of choice. You pick one, but in every scenario, there's a "best one". Be taking the one that "feels best" or you like more e.t.c you are just handicapping yourself pointlessly
    Talents should be removed, all the current talents with a shred of decency should just be made baseline.
    Exactly.

The only reason why old talent trees were better, it's because your character was getting slightly better each level up.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Exactly.

The only reason why old talent trees were better, it's because your character was getting slightly better each level up.
    Which is a redux of Artifact Traits tied to an Artifact weapon albeit single spec oriented.

With my dynamic talent is is versatile as the old talent tree much like investing points per talent rank although incorporated in a Talent Table setting.

- - - Updated - - -
    @pppbroom, @Azalar, @arkanon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And the public is telling you to abandon the proposition because it isn't functional. They are involving themselves, you just don't like what they're telling you.

- - - Updated - - -

From a mage point of view, you would spec to PoM, then spec to Pyroblast then add in a few talents from Frost for example. You cannot do that on live, i cannot play with PoM, Pyro and Frostbolt no more. That is what i mean the talent trees allowed you to do, now i am not saying that there is a huge array of different builds that are best for dps or whatever but there is still more of an option. Right now you have a talent tree on live which offers you 6 rows of 1 choice each out of 3 per row, that is minimal choice and at best only 3 of the rows are changeable in terms of being able to compete with each other on dps (only talking dps here and mage specifically) the rest are all must talents or only 1 is useful.
    Frostfire Playstyle will return as Hot and Cold Talent for FireMages so watch out!
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2019-06-17 at 07:47 PM.

Well, being "involved" even this much, is better than complaining and expecting nothing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Well, being "involved" even this much, is better than complaining and expecting nothing.
    This is the type of player I have always been. I participate in community forums and even make guides and debate. I have several implementation in-game for DoTA1 the historical predecessor of what Valve's DoTA2 is.

I have been a dotaportal.com Item suggestions moderator and I held out competition for participants by laying out base concept and using an in game item as core recipe.

- Incorporating CoP(Circle of Power) as extra stash and means of control on heroes. (Birth of Stash idea, inspired by Diablo)
    - Winner of Lion, the Demon Witch Hero Description Remake Conest : The Renegade Wizard who delved into dark arts and sold his soul to Kil'jaeden to do his bidding...Like a predator who loves doing it all over again)
    - Spearheaded DoTA Cosmetics revolution back in dota-allstars.com and made implemented in-game icon suggestion remake, of course inspired by the same game WoW. (Along with other suggestion from other cosmetics suggestions forumers)
    - I made a suggestion for Razor and his remake for Frenzy and passive ulti and the current Razor is a few tweaks of the original idea. One of the component became Slark's essence shift.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are some samples of class spec talent background:

These can be unlocked similar to how you acquire Artifact Weapon tints and new models.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2019-06-17 at 08:44 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    Oh wow, you did your homework
    The project is still far from SSS Rank. Need more combo points and aerial rave hits.

- - - Updated - - -

Dynamic Talent Background:
    When your Tier IX Talent is locked-in as Shadowy Apparitions

When Tier IX is locked-in As Ray of Frost.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2019-06-19 at 12:41 AM.