Poll: When will 8.2 be released?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

8.2 Release Date

When do you think 8.2 will be released?

they havent tested season 3 affix yet so at least 6 weeks

The arena world championship is being held on June 15/16. I expect the 2 week season ending announcement to be made on Tuesday June 18th, yielding a release on Tuesday July 2nd.

End of september i think or later october/november.

This is usually when major patches pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post

This is so far off base that I honestly don't even know where to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Has anyone check on the Broken Shore?

There was a mob that (supposedly) counted down to major events like patches and raids and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    The arena world championship is being held on June 15/16. I expect the 2 week season ending announcement to be made on Tuesday June 18th, yielding a release on Tuesday July 2nd.
    if you think they are going to release a major patch 2 days before the 4th of july you are crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking June 25th with the raid opening on July 9th. This allows Blizz to perfectly circle the release of Shadowbringers with the big content pieces of 8.2, plus it gives players some time with the 8.2 content and Benthic gear over the July 4th holiday to prep for the 8.2 raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post

So you think no patch for 3 to 6 months. Hell is 6 months we will be on 8.3 or whatever is next.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I'm thinking June 25th with the raid opening on July 9th. This allows Blizz to perfectly circle the release of Shadowbringers with the big content pieces of 8.2, plus it gives players some time with the 8.2 content and Benthic gear over the July 4th holiday to prep for the 8.2 raid.
    Would still prefer the 18th since Exams and Stuff is soon and I want to have some chill fun with 8.2, but 25th kinda makes the most sense. Also Blizz has an extra week with Mythic Eternal Palace, which could play into release date speculation.

June 25th with the raid coming out July 9th. Another poster pointed this out already but this basically allows them to release 8.2 very close to shadowbringers while not messing with July 4th. It also allows the raid to come out after July 4th which gives people 2 weeks to get ready for it with 8.2 content. They still have a few more things to test which is why I don’t think they’ll release 8.2 sooner than the 25th.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-06-04 at 10:04 PM.

June 25th, i am so tired of Uu'nat

Quote Originally Posted by Jetzu View Post
    They tested the current affix like the last 2 weeks. They announced the patch's date, without it even being on the PTR yet, and shortly after people posted "Um when are we going to test the new affix? if were getting the patch so soon?" and they were like, oh ya it'll be tested now.

Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    They tested the current affix like the last 2 weeks. They announced the patch's date, without it even being on the PTR yet, and shortly after people posted "Um when are we going to test the new affix? if were getting the patch so soon?" and they were like, oh ya it'll be tested now.
    also last week they said we would be seeing m+ changes soon. i wouldnt be surprised to see them up on the ptr this week.

Locked in with the 25th like I've posted for awhile. 2nd isn't an option due to holiday proximity. Basically has made the 25th a certainty. (they've openly said several times they think of the deployment/operations team with regards to timing). It's also just bad business to release it when people are on vacation/traveling/etc.

The main theory for the 25th was that weekly conquest schedule thing. I remember when the fake leaks were saying like May or whatever even though the official site has a weekly conquest schedule until past then.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-06-04 at 10:39 PM.

I would guess sometime between early to mid July the new m+ affix has not really been tested.
    The essences are still all over the place who knew making them role based instead of class / spec based was a really bad idea from a balancing perspective.
    And quite a few of the raid bosses are kinda broken tho it wont unlock on launch day so they do have some more time to work on those.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lemme check quick.

Shadowbringers early access starts on the 28th, so the 25th.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetzu View Post
    Considerin season three comes with new raid, they can still test the new affix for a month while patch is already live.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

It will be the 18th or 25th.

They aren't going to drop a patch on the first week of July where all of their employees will probably get a 4 day weekend. They also won't release it after this point because XIV releases it's xpac then.

10+ Year Old Account
    My PTR Client just started to update itself a few moments ago.

Let's see what is coming and we'll probably know how far are we from 8.2
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |