Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Repeat after me. "Blizzard made this game toxic and antisocial, not the users!"
    No, the community itself did that all on its own long before Blizzard did anything to further the pain. This game was going in the toilet before the LFD and the LFR, as well as all the cross-realm features they instituted in the game. The elitist and intolerant as well as the anti-social people are to blame for this community going in the tank. The real world is a far different place and animals since WoW first came on the scene in 2004. Just go into any game (other than a single player) and at any level and you will see what this retail version, not private Classic version will be ultimately be turned into and it will have absolutely nothing to do what Blizzard will have done.

I personally can't wait, after about six months to a year people like yourself will be whining how toxic Classic is. It has always been the community that has driven this train and the forums themselves prove just how toxic WoW has been from a community standpoint for year. Sadly though, WoW is not alone in the every toxic department. There are still part of the community that has managed to endure over the years, but they do not make up the bulk of the community any longer. Cross-realming has simply made the toxic level worse with every sh*t head from every populated realm having literal access to all the other attached realms.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqur View Post
    One look at the WoW Api will prove you wrong.
    Please stop talking out of your ass without actual knowledge of the game/api.
    What exactly & specifically is wrong about what I said? Please elaborate....

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    In before "Looking for people with current beta access to test."
    Followed by: "My account's been hacked!"
    if your account gets hacked these days, sorry but you deserve now that everyone can have a free authenticator....

Quote Originally Posted by Zappidoo View Post
    /join world - This is what you use when you want to look for a group outside a city.

There will never be item level in Classic. So why is it even in the "Not Planned" section.

Honestly you sound like your full of shit but GL either way.
    Even in Vanilla, there was item levels. It was hidden, but the formula for figuring out the item level of a piece of gear was known even back then. It would be easy to incorporate ilvl into an addon.

Best of luck for a developer. Looking forward to see your addon on twitch
    Good thing that creative people trying to resolve problems with bad or outdated designs

Quote Originally Posted by Isilarya View Post
    I mean ultimately this does sound like something that existed. I dont remember a ton but it was basically an addon that linked to other people who had the addon that basically just extended city chats to you as long as someone with the addon was in one. Wasnt a ton of functionality beyond that you still had to manually /w someone once you saw there spam. I guess you could just call it a chat extender?
    There was a LFG addon back in the day, Call to Arms. It works on the same principle as this addon and vQueue, though it was crude and unoptimized in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Don't play classic mate its clearly out of your league. Stick to binging on mobile games instead of requesting feeling-breaking addons to ruin the experience of all the people you loathe for having more time than you

- - - Updated - - -

There was good reason for item lvls to remain hidden.
    maybe you should stop gatekeeping 15 year old video games like its part of your identity.

I think it deters from the community if you don't use trade chat

Quote Originally Posted by RewindGuild View Post
    I think it deters from the community if you don't use trade chat
    With the new silencing system, active players using the /2 channels will just get auto-banned for a very long time. This was not an issue in vanilla but it breaks the old chat spam you had to do very effective.

Every noob in classic, bothered with the neccessary spam can shutdown any active groupleader, because WoW usses the insanely stupid overwatch silencing automation without GM control.

And since the amount of non-WoW players / long time quitters will be high in classic, it's just a big catalysator for silencing shitstorm we will see.

Chat activity basicly died out since the silencing system is active. After the first 1-2 months and many noob abuse of the system, the chat in retail is dead in the primetime and gets somewhat active in the night hours. Its one of the most stupidest things I ever saw in the game and it single handedly destroyed server communitys ingame. Now you get instant discord invites when you ask a question in the /2 chat, since people got burned hard with the silence system.
    -

Just wanted to thank everybody that helped out testing everything during the stress test. All the bug reports have been really helping out! The last days I have fixed all errors that have been reported including a whole UI rework!

blizz will not allow this type of addon, what a waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    blizz will not allow this type of addon, what a waste of time
    It doesn't break any rules, not sure why you believe that. Just because you don't like an addon doesn't mean Blizzard is going to break it for you.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    It doesn't break any rules, not sure why you believe that. Just because you don't like an addon doesn't mean Blizzard is going to break it for you.
    well guess what? it breaks blizzard's rules, and they are putting in specific blocks to make this addon and others like it not working anymore. it goes against the spirit of classic. i'm sorry that you actually have to interact with people now. welcome to classic.

They'll probably just find a way to stop them from working in classic. A big part of the classic "feel" was actually looking for people to group with. In reality it was just a bunch of people spamming trade chat all day.
    I'm a thread killer.

You were vere very wrong.

RIP, guess we saw how Blizzard really felt today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    well guess what? it breaks blizzard's rules, and they are putting in specific blocks to make this addon and others like it not working anymore. it goes against the spirit of classic. i'm sorry that you actually have to interact with people now. welcome to classic.
    It doesn't break any rules, Blizzard thinks they can control the community experience. They're responsible for the game experience, not the community. They have failed in the past in forcing the community.

Thanks for the welcome. Keep in mind this is classic, not vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    You were vere very wrong.
    I was not.

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    RIP, guess we saw how Blizzard really felt today.
    It's unfortunate they're exerting this kind of control. It sets a different kind of precedent over addon control not seen on retail. There's a difference between providing a game experience and forcing a community experience. This is a video game, not a LARPing event. There's a history of failed games where the developer told the playerbase they're having fun the wrong way.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet