Thread: Baldurs Gate 3

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean unless I'm playing Wizard in beta, it's been so tempting to just dumpstat intellect knowing I can get the headband.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Seems you'd be pretty silly to not have a bard on your team.

High Charisma and thats so many options in one character. They can even speak to animals which you'd think would be a druid only perk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

High Charisma and thats so many options in one character. They can even speak to animals which you'd think would be a druid only perk.
    You can just sub it with a combination of other characters that do the same thing.

For example, Ranger and Sorcerer/Warlock.

I think BG3 and well D&D really, is flexible enough to not have any mandatories as far as class choices go.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Paladin and Warlock are also charisma-based.

Personally, I'm not gonna have a bard nor druid in my party, those are for sissies.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I get that, but in video game environment it may partially strip character creation stat allocation of it's importance.
    I super understand problems like this because a LOT of people look up guides or tips on video games. Knowledge of items like this is super quickly posted all over the internet and you get flooded with youtube videos "best (x class) guide! Free STATS". All i can suggest is just avoid those spoiler/tip/guide videos. BG3 is not a competitive game and learning things about it, and maybe running into some of these hidden items completely on your own (or a party of also non informed players), will make for a really exciting time.

I have one friend that I openly call a "reddit gamer" because anything I play with him he always has some guide open and says things like "o lets make sure we do x quest". For me it gets really annoying when I want to explore a game and learn things but my friend is just playing a game thats mostly solved for him already. So my first play through will not be including him for this one and I suggest you do the same if exploring and learning about the world as you encounter it is your goal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Paladin and Warlock are also charisma-based.

Personally, I'm not gonna have a bard nor druid in my party, those are for sissies.
    circle of spores druid looks like a blast, zombies and poisons all mixed in with druid control spells.

In any CRPG people will design their team based on available gear. Usually it is stat items and best weapons that you make your choices around. Even in tabletop gameplay if you expect to reach mid levels, you expect to be able to find or buy common and uncommon items. Older editions even went beyond that; 4E had a mode available (in Dark Sun) were you would just get the basic item upgrades for free and 3/3.5 . . . the christmas tree effect was in full effect.

The real question for BG3 is how big the game is. It is entirely possible you can find duplicates or sidegrades for many of these items which would mean you can just plan your advancement around such upgrades. Given that it seems we will be able to respec, you can add that to the equation; pick ability increases early on then when you find the right items respec them into feats.

I'm starting with my Dark Urge Bard as the group healer and speaker with Halsin as our tank and secondary healer. Gale and Wyll to blow things up.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-07-30 at 08:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks are pretty busted in base 5e, especially with the short rest system for their spellslots and how ridiculous eldritch blast is.

They're your damage dealer, party mouthpiece and find familiar scout all in one. Just bring a cleric for those insight checks and someone up front to take a blow.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

As the days go by I become more and more hyped. I think it may end up my goty, just have a feeling, and this year has been absolutely incredible for games, for me. I am so excited, and I still need to finish tears of the Kingdom, and start Final Fantasy 16, but WOW I am so hyped for BG3!!!! I have tried to go in as blind as possible, and I will be playing on PS5, at a methodical pace, so hyped.

7+ Year Old Account
    Darn, may have to rethink my main char class now.

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Darn, may have to rethink my main char class now.
    doomstack warlocks got it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Warlocks are pretty busted in base 5e, especially with the short rest system for their spellslots and how ridiculous eldritch blast is.

They're your damage dealer, party mouthpiece and find familiar scout all in one. Just bring a cleric for those insight checks and someone up front to take a blow.
    On the contrary, warlocks are practically shittier sorcs.

IMO, the whole Warlock usefulness ends after 2 levels and after that you're better off multiclassing into Sorcerer. Your Eldritch Blast will be maxed out AND you will get a proper spell progression with Sorcery.

If there would be a Hexblade Warlock, we'd have a talk. But there won't be one on launch.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    doomstack warlocks got it
    Warlocks shmarlocks.

Wanted to go Karlach, Wyll and Gale, with monk main. But that leaves me w/e utility, so I guess it's rogue/bard0 time. I get a serious OCD when I go by a locked chest.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2023-07-30 at 06:41 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Min-maxing already.

cool, i guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Min-maxing already.

cool, i guess?
    F that noise, going in blind the fun way.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Ranger MC/Karlach/Wyll/Shart - problem solved.

Ranger MC starts with 9 skill proficiencies; the rest of the gimps will cover everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    F that noise, going in blind the fun way.
    Abso-effing-lutely!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Min-maxing already.

cool, i guess?
    Yeee, imagine that some peeps may simply enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    If there would be a Hexblade Warlock, we'd have a talk. But there won't be one on launch.
    They have revamped Pact of the Blade to be much closer to Hexblade. It's why I am taking Wyll and planning to Multiclass him (probably battlemaster)
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-07-30 at 07:18 PM.

Leaning toward the revenge paladin, whatever it is called. With dark urge it could be tempting to go oath breaker if the RP leads that way somewhat naturally.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashana Darkmoon View Post
    Leaning toward the revenge paladin, whatever it is called. With dark urge it could be tempting to go oath breaker if the RP leads that way somewhat naturally.
    Yeah, same. Going Vengeance Paladin MC, but not Dark Urge cause I found out you need to hit higher and higher rolls in order to keep resisting, and eventually you won't be able to and shit is gonna happen.