Thread: Baldurs Gate 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    My only dissapointment so far is the looting.

I dunno how many Goblin scitimars and short swords I've picked up and sold but it's alot. And camp supplies everywhere...id prefer less and more meaningful loot hopefully that improves more in the later acts
    just like in a real D&D campaign, goblin weapons out the arse just to sell them for dirt cheap lol
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

This is so weird, I have the crest for the blood of lathander but it just won't go in

10+ Year Old Account
    Who said Rangers are nice and good...

[IMG]https://i.gyazo.com/b8dfdbaf997755606edd36d5d874ab3b.jpg[/IMG]

Oof, embed sucks with spoiler. I play as a goodie-two-shoes nice Ranger, but for that one I just gotta pick the last option.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2023-08-06 at 12:28 AM.

Is this game for people that aren't bald as well?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTheDoe View Post
    You can't just be bald, you have to be even baldur.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTheDoe View Post
    Ideally you would at least once in your lifetime have shat yourself from too much mountain dew/coffee and not physically moving for 16 hours to really get it

15+ Year Old Account
    Kinda wanted Lae'zel until someone clued me in that Gith lay eggs, which means she probably has a cloaca. I can't get that hideous image out of my head so I use Karlach instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Kinda wanted Lae'zel until someone clued me in that Gith lay eggs, which means she probably has a cloaca. I can't get that hideous image out of my head so I use Karlach instead.
    The only question you have to ask yourself is: is it a hole?

...sorry children. But this has BEARS. A little egg show ain't moving the needle.

I finally found a bard. Had to resque the arrogant shit from a goblin that was totally gonna make him a sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the class and build equivalent to death knights?

I so wanna play this but I'm gonna be vacaying this month...

Shit I have to resist the urge of getting myself a steam deck.

Whoa ... this game has some really tough fights and I'm still at start so i assume what I ran into was still "easy".

Certain encounter I had to deal with group of enemies that had guys that could two shot from range my toughest party members. One that literally teleports next to my guys and can hit them 3(?) times in row and that will kill any of my characters during that single turn and I think they could repeat it once, if the character was defeated.

There was a way how to avoid the fight, but I wanted to do it "the right way". Even so, I was unable to beat the encounter until I went to look for tips. I will tell myself that the "right way" is just that I kill the encounter, not skip it. Even with the tip that did allow me to survive it, it was still tough, I only had a single character no half dead on the floor at the point I finished the last enemy. The rewards were worth it, though...

10+ Year Old Account
    The game will defin humble you, but theres also come cool ways to kill tough opponents.

Fought teleporting spider mom in act 1 while underleveled. You can have her eat your face or you can trivialize the fight by dropping her down a giant hole. So many tactical rpgs only offer freedom in how you go about doing damage in a fight. In this one you can straight up avoid big fights while still getting XP for them! Can't tell you how many games allow you to talk your way out of fights or discovery some way to skip it but you end up screwing yourself in the long wrong because you miss out on XP/loot.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by kvezatul View Post
    Turn-based in 2023 is just bad. the genre to me & any sane individual is as fun as "hidden object" games, which can barely be called games, you look at a picture & find objects in the art & click on them to collect them or similar, kinda as pointless as the game Cookie clicker, where you click a cookie. as fun as collecting stamps. There now you can jump even more when you see me.
    Go play something else then.
    Your pigeon sized ADD brain obviously can't process a slow tactical battle.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post

Weeelll there is no Necromancer class, BUT you can become a edgy dark knight. You just need to start the game as a Paladin with Oath of Vengeance, and then release the goblin from the cage when you get to the first town. That will break your oath and turn you into an Oathbreaker - a fallen paladin with an entirely different set of abilities, which forgoes all abilities that heal and support for abilities that do damage and weaken the enemies.

https://fextralife.com/baldurs-gate-...n-build-guide/

Man warlock is really strong and eldrich blast is just too good for being a cantrip.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Magic missile being 100% hit and a 3 hit is pretty handy

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Whoa ... this game has some really tough fights and I'm still at start so i assume what I ran into was still "easy".
    While I cannot say this for sure, with D&D early encounters are always the hardest. As you level up and especially given how easy it is to respec, you have so many solutions to encounters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Man warlock is really strong and eldrich blast is just too good for being a cantrip.
    Welcome to warlock in D&D
    It is a very powerful DPS because of it.
    But thats it.
    It's lack of spell selections and spell slots compared to wizard means its literally just a "DO DEEPZ" class. Of course if you don't focus eldritch blast you can get closer to a utility class, but yeah. Eldritch blast warlock is the most "Constant big DPS class" in the game. All the others can frontload more but run out of resources, or they are weaker but come with tons of utility.
    Warlock is just "i shoot good"

Like a wizard can do FAR more damage in a shorter period of time, but they run out of drive quick.
    Ranger can almost keep up at the lower levels, but falls behind, however it makes up with that with its wide variety of utility spells and skills.
    Melee charecters like fighter can do fucking obscene damage, but are resource and melee reliant.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2023-08-06 at 08:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Weeelll there is no Necromancer class, BUT you can become a edgy dark knight. You just need to start the game as a Paladin with Oath of Vengeance, and then release the goblin from the cage when you get to the first town. That will break your oath and turn you into an Oathbreaker - a fallen paladin with an entirely different set of abilities, which forgoes all abilities that heal and support for abilities that do damage and weaken the enemies.

https://fextralife.com/baldurs-gate-...n-build-guide/
    You literally have.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    A good thing about it is if you are smart, play your cards right, and think outside the box, you can work around these fights.
    (Literally extremely small spoilers here)
    We found a bunch of phase spiders, spiders that can teleport around and shoot acid and spines, they are fucking dangerous.
    We found the matriach, this big huge boss, however as phase spiders they live in large open caves filled with openings and webs that they like to trap people in or risk even dropping people into their webs/into the abyss, to then go and collect the corpses.

I just shot the matriach who had not even noticed us yet.
    Repelling blast.
    She fell to her death.
    Super strong boss gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Weeelll there is no Necromancer class,
    Yes there is.
    School of Necromancy Wizard
    Or tome warlock

or literally if you want a death knight, choose eldritch knight fighter...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post

Eldritch knight fighter, you are a fighter but use a magical weapon and mix spellcasting in with your attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content