Thread: Baldurs Gate 3

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Hey, maybe then just THROW them instead
    I did!
    That was actually what made me succeed.

Threw them off the bridge into some electrocuted water, grease and popped a Hunger of Haddar, then just kept nuking and ccing them from above.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Think there’s a spell you can use to get him to drop the weapon, depending on your class. Think Shadowheart might even have access to something. Once it’s dropped, run in and grab it and keep going. Been a while since I read about how to do it.
    Yes, Command: Drop Weapon. Shadowheart has it. Has a hit rate of about 60%. Problem ist without it he does no damage to the mindflayer and if you intend to kill both thats actually bad because you need him to damage the mindflayer. If you are just after the weapon, just order him to drop it and keep running to the end.

Without spoilers please: Any advice on whats a good combo/head cannon for a dark urge run? Having amnesia ruins the backstory of some classes. How would you remember your paladin oath or fiend pact?

The game really slows down to a crawl in some fights.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-08-16 at 10:13 PM.

Good game. Act one and two are amazing. Terrible, unfinished third act and ending though. The Emperor/Guardian is a very, very bad unengaging character even for Larian standards which is especially bad given his inflated importance to the story. Some of the scrapped early access story elements seemed more promising in hindsight. Game is also too easy and most bosses can be killed in one turn once you get around their gimmick even on tactician.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Without spoilers please: Any advice on whats a good combo/head cannon for a dark urge run? Having amnesia ruins the backstory of some classes. How would you remember your paladin oath or fiend pact?
    You can always go Oathbreaker if you want to play Paladin. I'm personally planning on doing a gloom stalker ranger (half-)drow Dark Urge run.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2023-08-16 at 10:21 PM.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Game is also too easy and most bosses can be killed in one turn once you get around their gimmick even on tactician.
    That's why I am telling people to not hyper-optimize their party. The game indeed is not hard and people who munchkin the shit out of their team pretty much just remove the whole combat from the game. And that is even without barrelmancy and other BS you can do.

I only have my MC somewhat optimized, the companions I just keep them pure within their class without respeccing and that is already enough to blast through all the tactician with it becoming progressively easier as you level and reach cap.

Maybe down the road they will release some tactician+ or add some extra encounters to the world like they did with D:OS2, but it will take years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That's why I am telling people to not hyper-optimize their party. The game indeed is not hard and people who munchkin the shit out of their team pretty much just remove the whole combat from the game. And that is even without barrelmancy and other BS you can do.

I only have my MC somewhat optimized, the companions I just keep them pure within their class without respeccing and that is already enough to blast through all the tactician with it becoming progressively easier as you level and reach cap.

Maybe down the road they will release some tactician+ or add some extra encounters to the world like they did with D:OS2, but it will take years.
    Modders will have better options much earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That's why I am telling people to not hyper-optimize their party. The game indeed is not hard and people who munchkin the shit out of their team pretty much just remove the whole combat from the game.

I wasn't optimizing my party at all. I didn't respec Shadowheart despite the fact that I never used her domain abilities even once throughout my entire playthrough. My main character Paladin had a level invested in Cleric so I could get god-specific dialogue options and I usually chose my items based on style rather than usefulness. That's hardly "optimized". If you really want some modicum of difficulty you have to effectively ignore consumables and spells like haste entirely. I think the only actually difficult fight for me was the House of Grief.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Guildie found this, and it’s beautiful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmZFxAqZKuU
    What a beautiful video

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I'm having an issue accessing my game saved from my office pc when I am home now. Its marked as a incompatible file when I try to launch into from home with the launch button greyed out even though I have cloud save turned on and even the cross save in game. Anyone know what the issue could be?

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I'm having an issue accessing my game saved from my office pc when I am home now. Its marked as a incompatible file when I try to launch into from home with the launch button greyed out even though I have cloud save turned on and even the cross save in game. Anyone know what the issue could be?
    Hotfix went out today, people were playing and savings games, another hotfix went out that reverted the prior one due to new bugs but this caused any saves to happen in between to be incompatible. It is being worked on and should be hotfixed soon hopefully.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Good game. Act one and two are amazing. Terrible, unfinished third act and ending though. The Emperor/Guardian is a very, very bad unengaging character even for Larian standards which is especially bad given his inflated importance to the story. Some of the scrapped early access story elements seemed more promising in hindsight.
    This has actually been my concern for a bit now. I've been hearing a lot of complaints about the last half of Act 3, and that it feels a bit railroaded. I'm ngl, when the Emperor showed up, I also felt a bit railroaded right there. lol. I had honestly hoped they'd gone in another direction, but needless to say, after reading several accounts of the issues people ran into when finishing up Act 3, I'm kinda no longer looking forward to it. It almost feels like the game peaks in Act 2.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

I'll be honest I do not love this game as much everyone else does. It's cool but I'm not jumping at the chance to continue playing.

I'll be surprised if I manage to finish before Starfield.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guildie found this, and it’s beautiful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmZFxAqZKuU
    That is incredible. The last part sent me.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

The reality is, mobs SHOULD react to someone dropping a Smokepowder Barrel close to them as if it was an attack.

Also in actual FR, a barrel of Smokepowder would be very rare and very expensive.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-08-17 at 09:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The reality is, mobs SHOULD react to someone dropping a Smokepowder Barrel close to them as if it was an attack.
    I'm pretty sure it was a conscious decision on Larian's part to allow it for cool shit to be setup at player's pleasure.

Just like in wild days of D:OS2.

That's why I want D:OS3 to be their next game, so they can spread their wings with things like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Reminds me or all the surfaces and nuclear explosions in D:OS2... Like that encounter with the execution scaffolding in Act 2... sea of fire and explosions and a 3 way fight. Oof it was so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Eh, I don't have any problems with Warlock in that department. The way I imagine it, my Dark Urge lost memories about themselves as a person, but they still remember things like their general upbringing in the Underdark and the like, so remembering certain stuff is OK and which is why I don't have a problem using Drow specific dialogue iptions. If you need something extra for a Warlock, there is a Warlock specific check already in the nautiloid, so you could RP it in the way that your character feeling your Patron's influence in that moment, and how that triggered the memories of the pact while still leaving memories of your self obscured.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2023-08-17 at 09:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The idea is that the ceremorphosis is traumatic anyway and has singificantly reduced your skill. Wyll pretty much says he used to be a much stronger warlock.

The Dark Urge WAS someone who was capable of very "physical" murder and probably skilled with stealth and with covering up their tracks.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-08-17 at 10:06 AM.

The game is amazing, no doubt. But if there's one thing annoying as fuck it's shoving. Especially on the boatride to Wyrmforge. The enemy could just do zero damage but oneshot you by pushing you like 5m into the abyss with often very little you can do about it.
    Sure, it's funny as hell to use it against enemies, but for players it's balanced: You get a oneshot, but you lose the loot.
    For enemies its just "let me dash 25m and use my bonus action to oneshot even the strongest, most agile and tankiest characters".

And as mentioned there are places, where it's impossible to counter that.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2023-08-17 at 10:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    The game is amazing, no doubt. But if there's one thing annoying as fuck it's shoving. Especially on the boatride to Wyrmforge. The enemy could just do zero damage but oneshot you by pushing you like 5m into the abyss with often very little you can do about it.
    Sure, it's funny as hell to use it against enemies, but for players it's balanced: You get a oneshot, but you lose the loot.
    For enemies its just "let me dash 25m and use my bonus action to oneshot even the strongest, most agile and tankiest characters".

And as mentioned there are places, where it's impossible to counter that.
    Just you wait until they start using Eldritch Blast with pushing invocation... Now that one is a fine surprise indeed.