Thread: Baldurs Gate 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Give me 12th level spells! Specifically, Karsus's Avatar.

That would be one hell of a story note lol.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Give me 12th level spells! Specifically, Karsus's Avatar.

That would be one hell of a story note lol.
    I mean, Gale DOES get that. He just blows up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean, Gale DOES get that. He just blows up.
    Didn't quite know that this is what he is really dealing with. I've had him benched since 1/2 way through act 1. Next play through I plan on bringing him into the party, so knowing this will make things extra interesting lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Didn't quite know that this is what he is really dealing with. I've had him benched since 1/2 way through act 1. Next play through I plan on bringing him into the party, so knowing this will make things extra interesting lol
    you can essentially finish the game is 10-15 minutes if you have Gale in your team by blowing yourself and everyone up thus getting the credits...
    It's a whole Speedrun category as well

Dropping this here. Obviously full of spoilers. Look at it if you want, it can probably give you a good idea of things that can be restored down the line with patches. There was a LOT of cut content. I guess like with Divinity, playing this game in about a year from now will give a much different and more complete experience.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate...onplagiarized/
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-08-24 at 03:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dropping this here. Obviously full of spoilers. Look at it if you want, it can probably give you a good idea of things that can be restored down the line with patches. There was a LOT of cut content. I guess like with Divinity, playing this game in about a year from now will give a much different and more complete experience.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate...onplagiarized/
    mmmmm..Baldur's Gate 3 Enhanced Edition!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by - Zephox - View Post
    you can essentially finish the game is 10-15 minutes if you have Gale in your team by blowing yourself and everyone up thus getting the credits...
    It's a whole Speedrun category as well
    Yeah, i've heard about that. I do love that this is a thing. Really bring that Table Top experience to the game.

DM: "What do you mean you just nuked the entire city?!!!"
    Player: "BBEG was in the city, why bother looking for them when I can nuke them from here!?"

https://kotaku.com/baldurs-gate-3-xb...rpg-1850770513

It's official, split screen is dropped for Series S, will still be available on Series X. Definitely better than delaying both versions indefinitely. Though I don't think they've confirmed a release date other than this year.
    Last edited by everydaygamer; 2023-08-24 at 04:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have seen that reddit post title and I ain't clickin' dat at least until after I cleared a Definitive Edition that is inevitable.

I'm hopeful that just like with D:OS2 they will take that year or two to make Act 3 even more meaty, yes with the extra area(s) to explore and with some companion(s) having a more satisfying conclusion and some optional boss encounters to test your builds against, just like they did in D:OS2.

In case of D:OS2 they had to do the above because final act really was a rushed letdown. In case of BG3? They ought to do it, to make the game even more epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I have seen that reddit post title and I ain't clickin' dat at least until after I cleared a Definitive Edition that is inevitable.

I'm hopeful that just like with D:OS2 they will take that year or two to make Act 3 even more meaty, yes with the extra area(s) to explore and with some companion(s) having a more satisfying conclusion and some optional boss encounters to test your builds against, just like they did in D:OS2.

In case of D:OS2 they had to do the above because final act really was a rushed letdown. In case of BG3? They ought to do it, to make the game even more epic.
    TBH adding content to other Acts would be nice as well if you ask me. Act 3 is already huge to the point of being bloated. Better closure for companions would be nice for sure (dunno what's up with that myself, haven't finished the game yet even if I'm close). But Act 3 already has more than enough plot threads intermingling together.

Plus low level encounters can make for more interesting combat challenges when you don't have a level 12, geared to the grills party that the game needs to throw a heap of bullshit at so they can be more than slightly inconvenienced. The spider mom and Beholder in Act 1 come to mind.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    TBH adding content to other Acts would be nice as well if you ask me. Act 3 is already huge to the point of being bloated. Better closure for companions would be nice for sure (dunno what's up with that myself, haven't finished the game yet even if I'm close). But Act 3 already has more than enough plot threads intermingling together.

Plus low level encounters can make for more interesting combat challenges when you don't have a level 12, geared to the grills party that the game needs to throw a heap of bullshit at so they can be more than slightly inconvenienced. The spider mom and Beholder in Act 1 come to mind.
    Well I'll be plenty happy if they treat it like D:OS2, with gift bags adding small in game stuff and definitive edition.

In my mind, I'd rather them go ahead take a rest for a bit and then go hit the next thing, whether it's D:OS3 or NWN3 or BG4. I, personally would love D:OS3 so they won't have to be stuck with D&D ruleset but can go balls to the wall their own system.

Well I'll be plenty happy if they treat it like D:OS2, with gift bags adding small in game stuff and definitive edition.

In my mind, I'd rather them go ahead take a rest for a bit and then go hit the next thing, whether it's D:OS3 or NWN3 or BG4. I, personally would love D:OS3 so they won't have to be stuck with D&D ruleset but can go balls to the wall their own system.
    I mean you keep saying this but what you got in BG3 IS their own system. So many defining traits of how combat plays have to do with how Larian chose to interpret things. Shove as a Bonus action. Jump as a Bonus action instead of part of movement. Fast Hands. Barrelmancy and general consumable use. None of these are traits of D&D.
    And they absolutely could have taken further liberties with the system.

Also if they had to do another game in a D&D setting, they really should not pick Forgotten Realms imo. Eberron is such a better world to build a game in every possible way.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-08-24 at 07:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean you keep saying this but what you got in BG3 IS their own system. So many defining traits of how combat plays have to do with how Larian chose to interpret things. Shove as a Bonus action. Jump as a Bonus action instead of part of movement. Fast Hands. Barrelmancy and general consumable use. None of these are traits of D&D.
    And they absolutely could have taken further liberties with the system.

Also if they had to do another game in a D&D setting, they really should not pick Forgotten Realms imo. Eberron is such a better world to build a game in every possible way.
    Please, the homebrewed some stuff, but it's hardly "their own" system there.

When I say their own system - I bloody mean it - like D:OS1/2 balls to the wall explosions, surfaces, characters zipping around with zillion actions baseline, truly mixed freeform classes... heck no classes like D:OS2 and freedom to do whatever the fuck they want.

Not D&D 5e shit + oh our shove now bonus action, tavern brawler, haste gives action wow and occasional barrel play.

I think you know exactly what I mean, no point beating around the bush there. I want them to have complete freedom and control over their combat, not having D&D forced on them and trying to homebrew it to not be boring ass shit in video game.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2023-08-24 at 07:19 PM.

Lol I just found one of the corpses left over by Orin and she killed Incontinentia Figgin. Now where is her husband!

10+ Year Old Account
    The quest bugged where I got Rolan killed (by mistake) when he went off to save his brother and sister by himself, I saved his bother and sister after this and now they are at the inn and keep asking me to find Rolan even though I know he was dead and for some reason I cannot inform them, I even dragged his corpse back to the inn in hope that would trigger something, now his corpse is laying right next to his brother and sister lol :S
    Last edited by Orby; 2023-08-24 at 07:45 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Personally I'm more for a D&D game because the setting of Divinity bores me to tears for some reason and they've never written an interesting character there to save their lives. Forgotten Realms isn't top tier either but anything bears Rivellon for me. And while BG3's characters also aren't top tier I did like Lae'zel and Astarion more than anyone in their previous games by a fairly large margin as well.

Also, while the D&D system definitely has its flaws, OS2 also had a real problem when it comes to stat scaling (it was far too aggressive between levels and I felt forced down quest paths since being 1-2 levels below meant the enemies were super buffed, and also means you constantly had to change gear like it was an MMO) and bullshit encounters designed to be metagamed rather than approached organically even on normal difficulty. Some of it was a lot of fun, until it really wasn't. BG3 doesn't fall into the same traps, perhaps in part due to the ruleset limiting them which can be a blessing in disguise.

Of course I'm into RPGs more for setting and character writing than the combat and ruleset myself, so take it however you will.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    The quest bugged where I got Rolan killed (by mistake) when he went off to save his brother and sister by himself, I saved his bother and sister after this and now they are at the inn and keep asking me to find Rolan even though I know he was dead and for some reason I cannot inform them, I even dragged his corpse back to the inn in hope that would trigger something, now his corpse is laying right next to his brother and sister lol :S
    Yeah Rolan is one of the few time sensitive quests in Act 2 (the other is joining the assault if you free the Nightsong but that is so obviously telegraphed so if you miss it, it really is on you)

I see now what people mean that bugs get more noticeable the further in the game you get. It is mostly minor stuff like companion approvals reseting to neutral, companions talking about stuff in camp that hasn't happened yet, etc. Nothing game breaking, but I am a little worried that if I keep talking to the companions in camp, they will keep spoiling the plot for me....

Btw on a Dark urge playthrough, I think I will save Wulbren from Moonrise and then just slice his throat at the inn while killing everyone. I'd just stuff a smokepowder satchel down his throat and then light him on fire if I could but sadly the game isn't THAT flexible.

And that's nothing compared to what I'd do to Orin for killing the cat.

Putting this on Spoilers but pretty much expected if you are a Larian fan and played Divinity as it's always the case a year later with their games to have enhanced editions. This is not my post but will provide OP information and links.

A List of All Cut Content (Spoilers) Non-Plagiarized Editon
    Hi! Since it's gotten around that someone stole the cut content compilation off Steam, left a bunch off, and didn't give credit to the author I thought I'd drop the actual complete list as well as a link to that OPs hard work for him.

[url]https://steamcommunity.com/app/1086940/discussions/0/3812913565885064204/[/url]

"I've been working on compiling cut content datamined from various sources and while I had a ton of this information in my other thread I decided to forego the "review" or the complaints and simply list off the cut content that has been confirmed thus far.

EDIT: Larian always does this with their games and always restores the cut content almost exact 1 year later. Do with that information what you will but if you look at their last 3 games you'll see Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition, Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition, and Divine Divinity Director's Cut.

EDIT 2: Whoever stole this post and copied it to Reddit, thank you lol I feel so cool right now.

EDIT 3: Cut Withers Dialogue for those interested

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNhKgpYKJj4[/url]

EDIT 4: Apparently there's a discord using copypaste comments to try and either get people banned from BG3 forums or doxx people for not supporting the game. That's wild and hella ridiculous, but remember not to get dragged into troll fights with strange accounts or click on any unfamiliar links!

The Upper City - The most obvious one. Swen himself talked about the "Affluent Upper City" just 2 weeks before launch and described as it being fully explorable and yet it's very noticeably absent from the final game.

2) Shar Worship - In EA the player was able to select Shar as a diety which game with it's own unique dialogue trees, especially when interacting with Shadowheart as a fellow Shar worshiper. Despite the fact that voice lines were datamined indicating this had functions well into Act 2, it was cut when the game launched.

3) Karlach's Ending - Datamined content shows that not only did Karlach have a full ending where her infernal engine was fixed and that she survived, but that most of it was fully voiced and complete. However it required triggers from the Upper City portion of Baldur's Gate and when that was cut, so was Karlach's Act 3 storyline. What we have behind have been confirmed to be Karlach's "fail state" endings which were meant to only play if the player neglected her quest chain.

4) Minthara's Story - Minthara was meant to have a much deeper story, including a pregnancy. These were likely cut due to Minthara being a late stage addition to our roster but dialogue lines remain in the games files that show that not only did Minthara have a lot more content for herself but your other companions had a lot more to say about it.

5) Halsin's Story - Another late addition to the roster, Halsin was originally intended to have a great deal more endgame content involving the Druid circle, but this appears to have been cut more early on than some of the other items thus far.

6) Raphael the Merchant - Originally Raphael was meant to be a fully viable option to remove your tadpole, in fact the "Soul Coin" items that you collect in game where originally meant to be a powerful alternative currency accepted only by Raphael in exchange for possibly retrieving your soul as well as a long list of incredibly powerful artifacts from the House of Hope that would be sold by Raphael himself.

7) Avernus - An entire area of the game. Avernus was meant to be fully explorable and of similar size to the Underdark Area of Act 1. It would be a source not only for Soul Coins but other rare materials, highly difficult fights, and special content for Karlach.

8) Tav the Dark Urge - A lot of people were both surprised and excited to see the addition of The Dark Urge origin as the Bhaalspawn/Evil option that was missing from EA. As it turns out, Tav was originally the Dark Urge and they were all one origin. Tav was meant to be Bhaalspawn and separating the two seems to be what caused the narrative divide between the Dead Three storyline and the Mindflayer plot.

9) Omeluum's Ring - In the EA version of the game this ring would block your Tadpole entirely. It could not grow, it could not grow stronger, and you could not use Illithid powers. In the launch version this ring prevents you from being charmed despite Omeluum still stating that it blocked the influence of the Elder Brain/Absolute.

10) Bhaal and Orin versus the Creche - An entire Act 2 battle was cut in which Bhaal's forces, led by Orin, attacked the Githyanki creche which led to a fight where you either sided with one or the other or had a massive 3-way fight on your hands.

11) Orin and the Dragon - Orin was meant to corrupt a Githyank red dragon, leading to a boss fight against a Slayer-formesque Dragon.

12) The Hag Coven in Act 2 and 3 - You may notice that accepting Auntie Ethels help in the first Act can lead to a negative effect when fighting Hags. You may also notice that despite Auntie Ethel having letters from other Hags in her basement, she is the only one you encounter. Originally there was meant to be a full three act story involving the Hag coven including the mysterious "M" who seems to have been their leader.

13) Epilogues - Full epilogue cutscenes have been datamined that varied greatly depending on your choices. These were the "17K ending variations" that Larian told us about, yet they are completely absent in the final game leading only to a fade to black scene at the end of the game.

14) Cazador's Story - Originally Cazador was meant to play a huge role in the Upper City of Baldur's Gate, including being a huge political power. Datamined content also shows that originally he was meant to be a potential ally in the final push against the Absolute.

15) Banite Cultists - The game features both Bhaal and Myrkul cultists rather heavily but Bane is reduced to Gortash alone. Despite the fact that they had full and finished assets for both armor, weapons, and some events the Banites were cut from the final game.

16) Act 1 Minsc - Minsc was meant to be recruited at the end of Act 1 but was cut and pushed back into the later game.

17) Dialogue and Events - Even from Act 1 itself, thousands of lines of dialogue and companion events were cut from the final game. Some of them were even fully voiced and ready to be implemented in game but also referenced other content that ended up on the cutting room floor.

18) Bhaal, Myrkul and Bane as Deities - Cleric's were meant to be fully able to select the Dead Three from the list of Deities. There were even special dialogues in game for player's who played as a Paladin and then multiclassed at least 1 level of Cleric on top and selected one of the Dead Three.

19) Daisy - It's not a secret that Daisy was cut from the game after the last EA release and replaced with "The Guardian." Originally Daisy was representative of the tadpole in your head, not the Emperor, and would attempt to seduce your character into staying in the meadow by the river with her forever. A happy life with an imaginary dream lover while your body underwent ceramorphosis and was lost to you forever. Daisy was such an important part of the plot that both of the games theme songs "Down by The River" and "The Power" are based entirely upon Daisy. Datamined content also shows there was originally an ending where players would embrace a romance with Daisy and give themselves over to the parasite, forever leaving their individual consciousness "down by the river" with Daisy.

20) Companions and the Illithid Worm - Originally companions were meant to accept or refuse Illithid gifts independently of the player choices. You could of course influence them through dialogue to decide who did and did not take the offered gifts, but ultimately it would be based on individual characters choices. This can still be seen in game as a bug when companions will awake after a long rest and claim to have received a gift from their Guardian and yet will have gained no actual power.

21) Romancing Jaheira - Apparently you were originally meant to have limited options to romance and sleep with Jaheira but these were cut last minute. It's unclear why.

22) Tadpole's and Consequences - There were originally meant to be severe consequences from using the Illithid powers too heavily and investing too much into the Tadpole powers. This seems obvious in game and yet ultimately in the release version goes nowhere as the ending is reduced to about 4 choices made in the last leg of the game. You can use all tadpoles or none and receive the same ending.

23) Act 3 Companion Dialogue - If you've noticed that companions have much less to say at the end of their journey it's because thousands of lines of dialogue were cut from companions in the final Act and all for various reasons. This also seems to be the source of most of the companion bugs that only appear in the final act as they're still trying to trigger events that simply no longer exist.

24) Multiple Cutscenes - There are multiple cutscenes that were present for Act 1 that are missing from the final game.

25) The Nautolid - A large portion of the Nautolid tutorial zone was cut in the final release, including cutscenes, dialogue, areas, and an optional fight with 2 injured Imps. This was likely cut for the sake of brevity more than anything.

26) Mol and Raphael - Isn't it odd how Mol will just escape from Raphael on her own and say it was "easy?" Well it turns out that's because they cut whatever the final leg of that quest was meant to be, instead they allow Mol to escape on her own which more or less skips to the end and around the cut content.

27) The Raven Queen - There was an entire second part of the storyline that was cut early on.

28) The Voice of Bane - It's possible to have a brief conversation with Bane, but it remains incomplete as the dialogue is unvoiced for some reason.

29) The Wither's Epilogue - WIther's was meant to narrate an epilogue for the players, to what extent is unsure but instead WIther's is left with a single event in the entire game when post-credit's he can be seen revealing himself as Jergal and mocking a mural of the Dead Three.

30) Crafting - An early access build contained a crafting bench and it seems originally we were meant to have full access to crafting/enchanting gear of our own through certain systems. While these were cut, the items for them were not. This is why items like ingots, gemstones, woods, and other material items appear in game with no use other than vendor trash.

[Reserved since Dataminer's keep finding more and more content that was removed]

31) Helia - The Halfling Werewolf that I sadly forgot was cut from the game.

32) Belts - There is an item slot in game for belts, not a single belt is present in the game as an item.

33) Exhaustion - A 6 Tier debuff for player exhaustion was found in the game after players noted a Bluejay with the debuff/status effect exhausted. This was meant to be a system in place force players to rest more often but was removed despite being left over in an Act 2 portion of the game. This also explains the constant comments from the PC like "I'm exhausted, I need a good long rest."

More here: https://www.dexerto.com/baldurs-gate/baldurs-gate-3-players-stumble-upon-removed-feature-leaving-community-divided-2259641/"

"French press article about it : [url]https://www.millenium.org/news/406099.html[/url]

ORIGINAL link I found all the information and credits to poster who compiled are here:

[url]https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/15z3jlb/a_list_of_all_cut_content_spoilers_nonplagiarized/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=1[/url]
    Last edited by - Zephox -; 2023-08-24 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by - Zephox - View Post
    Stuff
    Was very disappointed with the lack of nr 13 it's something most other crpgs have now days and makes your choices feel much more rewarding and get to see how your decisions changed the world.

Good to know it will be added though.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2023-08-24 at 09:55 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?