Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Classic+, The long list of "what could we get?"

There's no question that blizzard reviews the forums for "what does the community want".
    With the Classic+ discussion going around, what are some things the community would want to see?

For me it's:
    • Lvl Cap Still at 60
    • Prot Pally Changes to make them relevant tanks
    • Boomkin Changes to make them relevant dps
    • Revised loot table for crappy items (ie: Vendor Strike)
    • New Raid Content (4-6 Tiers)
    • New Battleground
    • No Flying Mounts
    • No Cash Shop
    • Barber Added
    • Additional World Bosses
    • Viable Survival Melee Hunter DPS Spec
    • Major City Raid Incentives (Weekly Event)
    • Additional Profession Enchantments to keep relevant

Prestige leveling system with a 10 level maximum where every plevel lets you put a plus +5 to any skill, this would create a truly free form experience you you can tailor your build in more meaningful ways and allow all specs to be viable with enough tinkering.

This system would also allow you to reach new talent tiers if you so choose to put points into a specific specialization tree.

I agreed, homogenized specs is a major pitfall.
    Maybe Prot Pally could focus more on AOE Threat but lack on single target?

I'd suggest parallel content, and content in between levels.

I'd want all content to focus on Azeroth. More mini questing hubs, more raids/dungeons peppered through the land. Follow Ahn'Qiraj and Zul'gurub's system of adding NPC hubs and revamping some zones for more relevance to the new dungeon. We have zones that were kinda left to die, like Shimmering Flats and Azshara. They could use a bit more content in those respects. Also unused content like Karazhan Dungeons or Alcaz Island.

Parallel content would be be awesome, 100% needs to stay within Azeroth though.
    Once another continent is introduced the game will lose it's feeling of being a "World"

Since nobody is going to have the same list of very specific non-Vanilla things while stringently avoiding other very specific things, Classic+ servers should be custom ordered. For the OP it will be a one time fee of $18M in addition to the monthly subscription, which you are contractually obligated to pay in advance for the next thousand years. Additionally you'll have to hire people to populate your specific server and pretend that your version is what they actually want to play unless you want to be on a dead box.

Great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Since nobody is going to have the same list of very specific non-Vanilla things
    When people asked for Classic, nobody had the same list of very specific Vanilla things either. Yet here we are.

1.12 is what we got, content is being rolled out over the course of months, and people are generally fine with that direction. I don't think the OP is looking to please everyone.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-09-30 at 07:23 PM.

Epic Dungeons like BRD would be awesome, that would be so cool to see more.
    Maybe Blizzard releases Karazan in Classic+.

I would also like to see a few raid bosses like Ony that can be done in under 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Logician View Post
    Ya, that would be nice. Any suggestions? I know places like Uldum and Grim Batol make for some good multi-boss raids/instances. But, maybe the Isle of Dread for a single boss instance?
    There's a lot of unused Classic material, a lot of places that were planned but unreleased.

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/...ished_content/

This thread covers quite a bit of what wasn't used in Vanilla, but was all planned at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    When people asked for Classic, nobody had the same list of very specific Vanilla things either. Yet here we are.

1.12 is what we got, content is being rolled out over the course of months, and people are generally fine with that direction. I don't think the OP is looking to please everyone.
    Can you think of a difference between the two scenarios? If it doesn't come at first, keep trying.

Can you think of a difference between the two scenarios? If it doesn't come at first, keep trying.
    Blizzard changed their mind over a decision to not have Vanilla return. I don't see what any difference makes when anything's possible considering Classic is a thing. I was actually a Classic denier back then, and I used your same argument of 'People don't have the same idea of what Vanilla used to be'. And I was wrong.

I mean, the only true difference here is that Classic's already here.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-09-30 at 07:47 PM.

Blizzard changed their mind over a decision to not have Vanilla return. I don't see what any difference makes when anything's possible considering Classic is a thing. I was actually a Classic denier back then, and I used your same argument of 'People don't have the same idea of what Vanilla used to be'. And I was wrong.

Keep trying. You're missing a very obvious huge difference between the two scenarios.

Also, just FYI, just because you were wrong about something before doesn't mean the exact opposite thought in a different situation is correct now. Personally I never shared your viewpoint because it was obvious to me from the beginning that they would pick a specific patch as a reference point.

*edit: also, you don't even understand what changed on Blizzard's side even though they came out and told us

10+ Year Old Account

They changed their mind because someone at Blizzard had a bright workable idea on how to do Classic inexpensively and with little in the way of development.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Also, just FYI, just because you were wrong about something before doesn't mean the exact opposite thought in a different situation is correct now. Personally I never shared your viewpoint because it was obvious to me from the beginning that they would pick a specific patch as a reference point.
    Classic+ isn't an 18m project that Blizzard has to tailor to one individual. I'm not expecting you to share my viewpoint, but realistically speaking there are thousands of individuals who wanted classic who didn't share yours as well. And just because it's obvious to you that they would pick a specific patch doesn't mean you know more about Classic's future than the rest of us.

Whatever differences there are, it don't matter. Making money is the bottom line, so it's up to Blizzard to decide whether Classic+ is a profitable pursuit. The easy answer would be to repackage TBC and just release that, honestly. But hey, they're revamping WC3 Reforged's campaign instead of just swapping assets and keeping the campaign exactly as it was back in 2003. I wouldn't have expected that either, even if you might think it was obvious that they'd redo an entire campaign for a 2003 game.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    They changed their mind because someone at Blizzard had a bright workable idea on how to do Classic inexpensively and with little in the way of development.
    Yeah but their original point (at least the message given by Brack) wasn't that it was too expensive to bring back, it was 'you think you do but you don't'. The message was clear of 'you don't want to play the old game', not that the old game is too hard to bring back.

I'm pretty confident that player demand had a pretty significant part of having them change their tune.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-09-30 at 08:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah but their original point (at least the message given by Brack) wasn't that it was too expensive to bring back, it was 'you think you do but you don't'. The message was clear of 'you don't want to play the old game', not that the old game is too hard to bring back.

I'm pretty confident that player demand had a pretty significant part of having them change their tune.
    I'm sure you've picked up on the irony of this, posted in a thread asking for changes to make Classic a more palatable game, on the first page of a sub which has countless threads of the same (several others of which are also front page) right after Classic has been released.

People thought they did, but they didn't really.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account

On the contrary they stressed that it was nowhere near as trivial to do as some people think it is. Their initial reluctance did not begin and end with 'you think you do, but you don't'.

As far as the topic goes I think Classic+ would be a huge mistake on Blizzard's part to appease a very small% of people playing Classic - the people who aren't happy with Classic/vanilla as it was. The people screeching about wanting better pally tanks, the people mad about dps balance, the people wanting all-new content that never existed back then.

Those of you asking for that stuff? You weren't the target audience for Classic to begin with.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2019-10-01 at 12:00 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Point of order: "You think you do but you don't" came years after Blizzard had repeatedly said they were not going to put up Classic Servers. The had other positions they took before that, such as "We want to move forwards, not backwards" they took before. What it always came down to was they didn't see enough financial benefit into making Vanilla servers only until they figured out a way to do it cheaply.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=294587/...#after-phase-6

What are the plans after Phase 6?

We've done most of the hard work by bringing back 1.12 so progressing to Burning Crusade would be a lot easier for us. Our plan is to identify everything we need to do should we ever decide to go this route. We want to be sensitive to the desires of our players. Some may want BC and some may not. We'll be following the Classic community closely to help determine what our next steps should be.
    It's clear that once P6 is complete, they know players will be asking for more and they've said going to TBC would be easier since they've done the legwork by bringing back 1.12.

But that also some might want TBC and some might not, which leads me to believe they'll wait till Classic settles down into its core audience and then ask from there.

Right now a lot of people are simply saying "go TBC" cuz they're auto-saying it since that's what came next.

But what honestly be really cool and that I'm seeing more of is players asking for a sort of Classic+ with things like "finish what was planned for Vanilla but didn't have time" aka stuff like Karazhan, the Emerald Dream.

Somebody even pointed out how there's several zones on the EK Map that aren't even used. It's clear they had a lot planned and decided to just focus on the expansions.

But a fleshed out Kalimdor/EK would be pretty nice. They already have their design philosophy set, like Ion spoke - things like LFR automatically ruled out. Stuff like the 1hr mail wait-time, yeah it's inconvenient but that's part of the charm of Classic.

A lot of people say they're "afraid Blizzard will mess up" but we've also had a lot more communication from the Classic WoW dev team than current. They're doing as they said in their response, "sensitive to the desire of their players". That doesn't mean Sharon who wants LFR in Classic is gonna eventually have it, but they'll for sure gauge community interest on any potential additions is what I'm getting from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Prestige leveling system with a 10 level maximum where every plevel lets you put a plus +5 to any skill, this would create a truly free form experience you you can tailor your build in more meaningful ways and allow all specs to be viable with enough tinkering.

This system would also allow you to reach new talent tiers if you so choose to put points into a specific specialization tree.
    It would make the non-viable specs better... but it really wouldn't change the dynamic much..because the currently viable specs would just become more powerful. Prot and Ret Paladins might be stronger...but they'd still trail behind Warriors and Rogues
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.