Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hezar View Post
    I understand that you are sad that gravy train went off the track but getting mythic raid equivalent gear from 5 man content is pretty stupid. Dungeon or WQ rewards should never be even close to raid rewards.

Maybe blizz is finally going back to game design where effort you put in is directly proportional to reward you get.
    agree that is a good movement
    if anything the dungeon reward should be lower, back to wrath module, instead of spam M+1502
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    According to https://www.wowhead.com/news=292194/...l-affix-so-far in the comments.. they are showing the weekly chest at 440 so......

- - - Updated - - -

Woah adding this on, page two of wowhead comments are showing a Weekly +15 completed will give the 440 piece...

- - - Updated - - -

If I'm wrong sorry, thought I'd report a correction if its supposed to be according to the PTR

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    According to https://www.wowhead.com/news=292194/...l-affix-so-far in the comments.. they are showing the weekly chest at 440 so......

- - - Updated - - -

Woah adding this on, page two of wowhead comments are showing a Weekly +15 completed will give the 440 piece...

- - - Updated - - -

If I'm wrong sorry, thought I'd report a correction if its supposed to be according to the PTR
    On the PTR currently, the mythic tab weekly chest says you will get a 440 for completing a +10.

So the weekly will be the same it's been the entire xpansion(5 lower then mythic raid base) and this thread is literally outrage over 420 drops in the dungeon that could very well be bugged seeing as they just put M+ on the PTR not too long ago.

Yyyyyesssssssssss yessssssssssssssss yesssssssssssssssss !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    WoW isn't a rpg and hasn't been for a while now. You either raid, pvp at a high level or afk.
    WoW is an RPG for a fact and has been since forever.

Your idea of what people do at max level does not match what goes on in-game and design philosophies on non-instanced content since MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    On the PTR currently, the mythic tab weekly chest says you will get a 440 for completing a +10.

So the weekly will be the same it's been the entire xpansion(5 lower then mythic raid base) and this thread is literally outrage over 420 drops in the dungeon that could very well be bugged seeing as they just put M+ on the PTR not too long ago.
    This is exactly what people have been saying for pages.... but is anyone going to listen? nope... someone even posted a picture for ptr.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    WoW is an RPG for a fact and has been since forever.

Your idea of what people do at max level does not match what goes on in-game and design philosophies on non-instanced content since MoP.
    The definition of "RPG" is so broad that technically the fact that we still have leveling, stats, talents, and gear make it an rpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post

The definition of "RPG" is so broad that technically the fact that we still have leveling, stats, talents, and gear make it an rpg.
    As well as the fact that we adopt a character as our avatar in-game which we progress through story-driven content etc.

People just arbitrarily throw out the "it's not an RPG!"-argument and hope it sticks. It's lazy and misguided. Hell, not being an RPG is a boon these days. The most popular, profitable games are not RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    When is this myth going to die? The highest ilevel players are all Mythic raiders. Plebs don't have equal or better gear save maybe a slot or two each tier. IF that.
    Mythic raiders might be the highest but the gap between a M+ player and a Mythic raider is not much. Although I will say most of the top M+ guys raid as well.

My main is 418 8/9M whereas my alt rogue is 414 1/9M
    Last edited by shyguybman; 2019-06-10 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thedoom View Post
    youtube.com/watch?v=SDsZKDwL1hothere is 0 content left
    So mythic+ is invalidated because you can't get the "Best" gear? You have to be joking. Just do something you like.

If you did mythic+ just because of gear and not for fun then you were doing it wrong in the first place.

Mythic+ will still be a thing. People will still push high keys. It's not the end of the world

As well as the fact that we adopt a character as our avatar in-game which we progress through story-driven content etc.

People just arbitrarily throw out the "it's not an RPG!"-argument and hope it sticks. It's lazy and misguided. Hell, not being an RPG is a boon these days. The most popular, profitable games are not RPG.
    By that logic; call of duty is an rpg

Most people are doing both Mythic+ and Raids because they enjoy them.

Its just the vocal minority who are crying about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    yea Uldir, BoD and CoS are clearly meleecraft

and if you are talking about m+, its roguecraft not meleecraft.
    I’d rather do damage in keys than raid. Raid is 6 hours a week. M+ is far more than that. Also no it’s meleecraft for keys. Rogue, Monks, Demon Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    By that logic; call of duty is an rpg
    It's an FPS first and foremost, for a fact.

Living in a post-fact world really colors people, doesn't it?

FPS means "First-Person Shooter"
    RPG means "Role-Playing Game"

so yeah CoD is an FPSRPG.
    Also please quit with the attitude, it serves no one.

I don’t want to burst your bubble, but FPS can be rpgs too.

Destiny currently, is a better designed rpg than wow bfa as an example

Your example falls apart very quickly when you can point out how even FPS meet your genetic rpg qualifications. So do sports games

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I don’t want to burst your bubble, but FPS can be rpgs too.

Destiny currently, is a better designed rpg than wow bfa as an example

Your example falls apart very quickly when you can point out how even FPS meet your genetic rpg qualifications. So do sports games
    Matter of opinion, and what example falls apart, exactly? WoW is an MMORPG for a fact, hence why it's lazy when people try to argue its merits/lack thereof based on that label. The qualifications are not mine, I hope you know.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-06-10 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    i am more concerned about the fact that this affix seems to favor range.

so now we have raids that are filled with ranges, and m+ that are going to be filled with ranges.

world of rangecraft.
    uhhhh what?

Rogues have been leading the charge in M+ all expac, and they're not range. Nothing suggests that will be changed anytime soon either. At least from what I've seen streamed from PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    FPS means "First-Person Shooter"
    RPG means "Role-Playing Game"

so yeah CoD is an FPSRPG.
    Also please quit with the attitude, it serves no one.
    My attitude is apt for the discussion being had.

I am well aware, but let's look at how it's marketed and branded (genre) first and foremost. Is it as an FPSRPG, or as an FPS? There you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Isn't this a good change? Gear should be tiered by content. Raid gear should be BiS and ONLY available in raids. Mythic+ is some competitive "game mode" and shouldn't even GIVE gear. It's to compete against others... so when you zone in you should get an exact set of gear to keep it level.
    That's a but too far. The game is way too centered around gear and too many players wouldn't even do mythic+ if it didn't drop gear. And then we would be hearing how it's a failed system because no one plays it. And add some toxicity bullshit for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Isn't this a good change? Gear should be tiered by content. Raid gear should be BiS and ONLY available in raids. Mythic+ is some competitive "game mode" and shouldn't even GIVE gear. It's to compete against others... so when you zone in you should get an exact set of gear to keep it level.
    A very small percentage of the population partake in the MDI.
    For the vast majority doing the content, M+ is a means of max level progression of their characters.