[Film] Doctor Sleep

A film based on the book of the same name and sequel to The Shining.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda meh trailer, but it is the first one so w/e. I love cast. McGregor and Ferguson can do no wrong in my book. The dircetor also made Haunting of Hill House so this movie got potential.

I'm looking forward to this one. The book was good also and I'm interested in their take on Rose the Hat.
    "When you've got to get down, but can't find the elevator, you have to do it any way you can. Even if it's with a shovel."- Dark Tower II: Drawing of the Three, Stephen King
    Juju's kgpanels: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jujus-kgpanels Juju's blog: http://mouthygoblin.weebly.com/jujus-blog.html#/

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're expecting a "real sequel" to the Shining, you're going to be disappointed.

If that's what they did with the plot- then the movie isn't really based on the book. There's little to nothing from the plot/book "The Shining" In Doctor Sleep. Its really only a sequel because its Danny as an adult. The character returns. The rest of the hotel plot isn't a part of the story, really, more of a side relevance/backstory. The book itself isn't "horror" either, its not scary. At all. Its more of a supernatural-suspense thriller (maybe thriller...not that thrilling).

Just watching that trailer, all those shots taking place in the hotel (adult Danny's head in the door, etc)/flashbacks - If the movie is actually a reflection of the book, then that is a flashback/dream scene in the movie (maybe)- because nothing about those shots was in the book. The Hotel is exploded in canon. There's no hotel to go back to.

The book was good; not King's best IMO and not one of my favorites - but a solid story I did enjoy. However, it was also (in King style) more of a twisted/fantastical plot. And so far, Hollywood doesn't have a good record with doing "fantasy" King plots well.

I hope they do it justice; its a fun and entertaining story. But that trailer is already either 1-misleading people about what the movie is about or 2-showing this movie isn't going to be all that true to the book.

Only time will tell. Hopefully, they stick more to the book. When Hollywood actually sticks to what Stephen King writes, they make great movies (from great source material). But I'm not holding my breath for it .
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.