What do you miss the most about vanilla - a thread from 2010 - does it hold up?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-about-Vanilla

Voices from 2010 in the thread above. I don't want to necro it, but I thought I'd ask if any of it makes sense to you today in 2019.

Reading thru it, mostly I see people with the sentiment that the loss of community thanks to cross realm and LFG was a big blow and they wish they had community back. Also, classic AV is missed.

Also, please move this one to the WoW classic forum. Wrong forum.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2019-06-16 at 06:47 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I miss raids and dungeons with only one difficulty and the new world spanning 2 continents.

That's about it.

The community driven leveling experience is...magical to say the least.

One of a kind, never seen in any other MMO.

The only thing I miss from vanilla is that it was new. Even then it couldn't give me the enjoyment The Burning Crusade gave me. The differences weren't that big, but man TBC was just so much more fun for me. Obviously my stand on raiding got something to do with it. Vanilla nostalgia never got me :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    As stated few times in that thread aswel, I too miss the world being new and being a noob myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    The community driven leveling experience is...magical to say the least.

One of a kind, never seen in any other MMO.
    How could you possibly know that?
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Nagrash View Post
    How could you possibly know that?
    Ok, let me rephrase that.
    Ive never seen it with my own eyes on any other MMo i played

10+ Year Old Account
    classic AV would be huge for me, i hate the timescale it has on it now. just doesn't feel like the epic battle that it used to, im hoping to relive all that and help get wing commanders bombing frostwolf again

Old school AV. Otherwise everything i miss is mostly from tbc

I miss not having all these damned threads popping up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the PvP, that was the most fun. It was arguably broken, with Rogues being able to kill people with no gear and warriors oneshotting etc, but that is what made it fun.

i miss the carrot on a stick, both the trinket and the expression of having something meaningful and powerful to strive for.
    i miss that gear matters ALOT and that i can that gear from pure determination and a bit of skill.

nowadays you can get a lottery ticket and cross your fingers that you get something good, in the form of m+ weekly random loot generator and titanforging/gemsockets. i hate that system!

and the gear your get loses its value in pvp and world content because of templates and scaling. and in pvp tournaments and MDI they can just buy all the BiS gear from a vendor. i get that skill should matter in those tournaments, but the fruits of their hard labor should matter aswell imo, it is an rpg after all.
    furthermore, all the gear that you got from your hard work, quickly becomes close to irrelevant whenever a new patch is released, because all content gets its gear rewards increased with 30 ilvls! change it to 15 ilvls and noone would be mad.
    Last edited by mojusk; 2019-06-16 at 02:26 PM.