Gear eliminated aura?

Do you think that a gear eliminted aura would finally put a stop to all those players selling raid and M+ dungeon boosts?

The aura would reduce the party or raid group's chance for loot to drop in dungeon and raid bosses and the weekly M+ cache by 95% if there is more than, say, a 20 item level difference between the most geared and least geared member in the party or raid group. It would also stop those players trying to get sneakily get carried when they form a pug.

Do you think this has the potential to work? Or is it too restrictive?

7+ Year Old Account
    It would proberly work if you think the raid/M+ selling is a big enough problem, that it impeeds play. But then again, item lvl matters not as much as skill and knowledge about encounters when it comes to boosting. Some raiders can clear heroic is terrible gear, while others can't do it with a 15 item lvl buff over the average.

Also, i know you are matching this with the leveling aura, but i won't say it is the same thing. It would be like if players of item lvl 385, were more powerfull than players with 415 item lvl in mythic, and mythic players were destroying better gear just to stay at a low item lvl.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

"Who needs whip when your slaves forge their own chains ?"

I curious as to why anyone would want that. Why would anyone want to be more restricted ?

How would that work with guild groups?

Against this idea, very often we'll run a totally fresh guildy alt through a weekly 10 after dinging, why should we be punished for people selling runs when selling runs is not even against the rules if its for in game currency?

5+ Year Old Account
    Honestly no, because after gear is good enough they'll just boost people as 120s.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

I see no issue with people selling boosts and carries at max level. They've played the game, done the grind, got the gear and now have the gear and group capable of clearing the content properly while still carrying someone wayyyy under geared. The problem with 110 characters boosting was they were exploiting a mechanic that wasn't intended for the use it was being used for. Max level toons shouldn't be restricted for playing the game as intended and finding a way to profit off their success.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would effectively kill progression guilds who need to gear up an alt or a new recruit quickly and efficiently, or require everyone to keep a set of 350 gear in their banks to put on when playing with the aforementioned. It would also drastically shrink any given player's pool of candidates when putting a group together, segregating the 'haves' from the 'have-nots' until such a time as the 'have-not' players can gear up, and stars above help you if someone gets lucky with multiple Forged drops and their item level jumps enough to effectively lock the group out of gear the rest of the run. Good luck finishing it then.

Not to say the xp nerf aura isn't also dumb. Blizzard fucked up by significantly depowering players from 110 to 120 in a genre that's supposed to be about constant, persistent progression, and with sloppy scaling from 110-120 (there is a notable power drop from 119-120, especially, thanks to how sloppily the scaling was done). It's not players' fault that a 110 with Azerite gear and Legion legendaries is objectively better to do Islands with than a 120 that isn't in raid gear.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    So you cant even help your friends/guildies anymore, nice.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Your suggestion is so dumb that even Blizzard might consider implementing them.

If they dont want people sell carry for gold then they should just straight say it, ban/moderate people for selling them instead of implementing this garbage bandaid system.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    It would effectively kill progression guilds who need to gear up an alt or a new recruit quickly and efficiently, or require everyone to keep a set of 350 gear in their banks to put on when playing with the aforementioned. It would also drastically shrink any given player's pool of candidates when putting a group together, segregating the 'haves' from the 'have-nots' until such a time as the 'have-not' players can gear up, and stars above help you if someone gets lucky with multiple Forged drops and their item level jumps enough to effectively lock the group out of gear the rest of the run. Good luck finishing it then.

Not to say the xp nerf aura isn't also dumb. Blizzard fucked up by significantly depowering players from 110 to 120 in a genre that's supposed to be about constant, persistent progression, and with sloppy scaling from 110-120 (there is a notable power drop from 119-120, especially, thanks to how sloppily the scaling was done). It's not players' fault that a 110 with Azerite gear and Legion legendaries is objectively better to do Islands with than a 120 that isn't in raid gear.
    They didn't depower players in the 110-120 bracket. they're just trying to cut back on twinks with exp turned off selling runs all day to easily boost players. It's pretty much an exploit and they should be glad that the depowering aura was introduced instead of just banning twinks that do IEs

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why? Boosting has always existed. Every online game you've ever played has likely had some form of boosting in it. In WoW boosting for gold is allowed and it's always been a thing that we've done to make gold as a guild as far back as Vanilla. Why change it now?
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    This whole suggestion is terrible. MMOs are about freedom and flexibility, and the game is becoming increasingly funnelled into 'this is the way you're meant to play because we say so'. What's the point in Blizzard trying to simplify gameplay to appeal to casuals if they're going to just start introducing a hefty rulebook of dumb restrictions that players need to familiarise themselves with.

I honestly wouldn't put it past Blizz at this stage to implement such a thing in Retail WoW. As long as this garbage stays out of Classic, I'm happy.

No thanks. More freedom please!
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.