Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yes, a play style that will remain on retail because the people playing like this on classic will promptly find out there is a very limited scope of anything they could accomplish that would be "special".

Like if you honestly think classic could keep an organization like Method entertained if they went full min/max on it you're kidding yourself. They will have every raid cleared the day they open.
    I don't think they could do that, as some bosses are gear checks rather than skill, so even if mechanically they can be compared to a current mob, numbers might not let you to kill it. There is plenty to be entertained at, until you clear the last raid, so I would say, when nax comes out and you clear it, thats pretty much it then. But that is what we do in retail, we kill last boss, get CE and tone down to one or two raids a week and farm form mounts until next tier. Pretty boring, but it's intensive 2-3moonths progress and then you can just chill for 2-3 months ez.
    Anyway, what I meant to say, you can create your entertainment, if you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Pretty sure Horde has more dps in raids.
    horde had higher DPS, but more threat issues, no fear ward, less survivability and needed more resists. And Blessings we flat out better than totems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    This, my friend group are doing this. I'll have to suck it up and go Horde because cba lonewolfwing... RIP my pala.
    The funny part is a pali is by far the best PVP healer. Plate, has a bubble, bop, bof, loh and a stun.

Warriors are threat capped even without windfury. So let's say you are capped at doing 1000dps, any more and you will pull aggro, now we add salvation and your new threatcap is 1200dps. And on the horde we add windfury... and you are still capped at 1000dps.
    And as for totem twisting, sure that was kinda viable in TBC for the enhancement shaman in the melee group, but you dont have time to totem twist effectively AND heal, there are simply not enough global cooldowns available to you, not to mention the mana strain that would put you under.

And then there's having salv on all your casters aswell, having enough shamans for every single dps group is not really viable where as a few paladins can keep an entire 40m raid buffed up and ready.

Alliance is objectively better than horde in PvE, there's no real arguing that.
    However that doesent really matter one bit, content in vanilla is not tuned to a razors edge, you dont NEED the advantages playing alliance will give you, the most dedicated and hardcore raidgroup will be first regardless of what side they play.
    There is enough of a gap between the phases that they will have enough time to farm out the gear they need to clear wichever new raid is released on day one, every single time. The only boss i can think of that MIGHT be a bit of a roadblock is sapphiron, as the frost resist gear drops inside Naxx itself, but even that will probably go down on day one to the really dedicated guilds, my guess is that the US will take all "world firsts" due to having maintenance on tuesday and eu having it on wednesday.
    Last edited by Holian; 2019-06-18 at 12:10 PM.

Horde - PvP
    Alliance - PvE

Quote Originally Posted by Elrihm View Post
    It's almost like Paladins and Fear Ward push them above any horde racial.

I wish people who never actually played back then would stop acting like they know anything. It's really cringe.
    Tremor totem is technically superior to all other fear removals.

I think live's Horde dominance is a pretty good reason for a lot of people to play Alliance in Classic, especially considering many players were basically forced to switch if they wanted to find a good guild in the first place. Add to it the fact that Alliance was a lot better for PvE in Vanilla. I know if I end up playing Classic, I will definitely be playing Alliance, not because of racials or paladins, but because Alliance is my faction and it hurts to see it dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    horde had higher DPS, but more threat issues, no fear ward, less survivability and needed more resists. And Blessings we flat out better than totems.

- - - Updated - - -

The funny part is a pali is by far the best PVP healer. Plate, has a bubble, bop, bof, loh and a stun.
    Wasn't Forebearance a 30 minute debuff in Classic?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Certainly not by 1.12 at least, that would be a glaring difference pirate servers would fix if not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Early in Vanilla there was no forbearance, then when it was added it was 60 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, and I mained Pala since release of TBC (didn't play Vanilla). Shame, maybe they won't go horde.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasherr View Post
    I don’t know where people are getting alliance racial are better in classic? Must be alliance bias but horde racials are far superior in classic.
    Fear Ward says HI! Alliance racials were far better and superior for pve content. Humans plus to hit racial was enormous plus Paladin buffs actually beat out Shaman totems in the overall fight. You say Windfury all you want but that's just minor RNG headache versus Blessing of Sanct which allowed dps to start their rotation earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrihm View Post
    It's almost like Paladins and Fear Ward push them above any horde racial.

I wish people who never actually played back then would stop acting like they know anything. It's really cringe.
    "I RAIDED NAXX IN VANILLA, I KNOW THAT HORDE IS BETTER"
    Seriously though, PVE wise Alliance is just better hands down without a question. Paladins not only have the best utility to help manage threat, they also have amazing heals, judgements, and bop. Dwarf Priest? Just flat out superior to any other priest race. Fear ward is used on a few bosses, and literally trivializes them. Luckily people have been playing private servers for a long time and we know already what the meta is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    Question is really in the title. Do you think the alliance will have the majority of the world raid guilds due to their stronger racials/class or do you think the dominance of the horde on live will see more people going horde despite the weaker racials or perhaps because of the stronger racials in pvp?
    Depends. Windfury is a hell of a drug, but Fear Ward, BoKings, and BoSanc together are a whole other animal, never mind the free weapon skill for human and dwarf rogues/warriors. Not that I foresee things being super lopsided except on PvP servers (where 'can't beat them, join them' takes effect).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I think Horde will be stronger in both PvP and PvE, even though Alliance has better racials for PvE.

could the alliance kill viscidus back in the day? or did that more or less require shaman totems? can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    could the alliance kill viscidus back in the day? or did that more or less require shaman totems? can't remember.
    We did it as alliance, so it was possible, but annoying.

Nowadays it doesnt really matter. Visc dies in the first split phase, because you kill ALL the blobs with engi grenades and the boss is dead after 1 phase.

I think most players will flock to the most populated faction on their respective server. I expect most people who never played classic to roll Horde because of the mostly monofaction status on live. Pve servers might be more mixed but pvp servers will be heavily horde.

I remember back then as a gnome warlock, UD rogues were my bane. I know better what to roll this time (UD rogue)

This thread is quite amusing, reading all the people who never played back then parroting the usual "horde is op" crap.

Nothing the horde had beat kings, sanc and fear ward. All the top guilds were alliance. Sanc in itself was a 20% dps boost most fights - as a warlock I was threat capped (so much so one of our set bonuses was just plain passive threat reduction).

It'll be the same now - it's not that horde guilds wont be able to kill everything, it's just that it will require more skill and effort (better threat management, stance dancing etc).

But Alliance have an extra healing class...

I would say, that for mage Trolls are the best. At least in 1 12. For Rogues and Warriors humans reign unchallenged. Sword and Mace are mostly netter than axe spec. And rogues do not use axe. For hunters I think it is relaticely equal between trolls and dwarfs. Trolls are better in offense, dwarfs excel in defensive with having frost resistence and stoneform. Orcish boiling blood and pet damage are not relevant. Also, Alliance has much better priest spells, and BoS and BoK. While Windfury is amazing, taking your tank's threat is not so much. And still no BoK.

Horde is much better in PVP though. And has such a great utility with Tauren, Undead... also you can get the Viking helmet for non engineers.