Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    It says in both articles that fish are smarter than some primates.
    No one man sourced by both articles says that based on the fact that he has seen fish using tools and makes the comparison in something he wrote for some website that is behind a paywal.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    No one man sourced by both articles says that based on the fact that he has seen fish using tools and makes the comparison in something he wrote for some website that is behind a paywal.
    There are 95 different academic references in the Wikipedia article. Here is the academic article from the author that you are referring to, however. https://animalstudiesrepository.org/...text=acwp_asie

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Found the hippie
    I'm ok with that label. Better than being a hipster. ;p

15+ Year Old Account
    There are 95 different academic references in the Wikipedia article. Here is the academic article from the author that you are referring to, however. https://animalstudiesrepository.org/...text=acwp_asie

- - - Updated - - -

I Was refering to the as smart as chimps comment itsself and skimming through that paper most of what he says can be said about insects other then say the complex social constructs very few select speices which I was very well awear of when I started this as a whole I stand by my stance that they are not much higher then insects AS A WHOLE there are of course specific examples of both that are FAR and away ahead of the group as a whole. His fish from the pond not one of those

I would agree.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

- - - Updated - - -

Hippies are just hipsters from a different era. They're both part of a "counter-culture".
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Wild flish tend to not do well in a tank, for a variety of reasons. Don't expect them to get very old.

It's also a terrible idea to mix fish from different waters, and especially bad to add wild catches to a tank that only ever had tank-bred fish. Reason: You introduce pathogens and algae the other fish might not be used to, and cross-contaminate them with all kinds of stuff. (Saying this just in case.)

Also: Get a proper filter pump, and do a weekly water change. Especially with wild catches. Meaning: Pull out ~50-70% of all water and replace with fresh tap water of suitable temperature. There are special hoses/nozzles for this, many also designed such that you can suck out a bit of the grime that builds up at the bottom. But no fish.
    Also make sure you have proper lighting on a programmable outlet and a lot of plants suitable for the water.

Magnetic glass cleaners are a godsend.

Do not EVER mix fish that are natural enemies!

Some fish are shy by nature. Reserach what fish you have, and provide stones and other hiding opportunities if needed. (They also look cool!) Otherwise you condemn them to life in constant stress - also not great for longevity.

Fish have a fairly easy tell if they feel alright: The more vibrant and intense their colors, the better they are. Usually.

Fish tanks are a buttload of work. Have fun!
    Wow, thanks for your detailed advice!

ahh,Pump, I am planning to purchase one online and let them send to me ASAP. However, I might find dealer carefully because some of them won't sell the pump together with an available plastic soft pipe.
    The aquarium built in a set of LED lights which provide enough lightening when needed.
    For the species of current fish within, I got those species from same wild pond which is one thirds mile away from my apartment:
    a.Rosy bitterling, main group in my tanks,around 30-35 of them.
    b.Yamato shrimp,some sort of,one mature female with eggs and several younger ones.
    c.A certain kind of goby, one mature, several younger, too.
    d.Younger ones of swamp eel,3 of them.
    e.Fresh water clams,4 of them, I heard that rosy blitterling have certain of Symbiosis relationship, so get them from the pool.

I do not know whether it is suitable for the combination, will wait for your further advise.