Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Agreed, but it's pretty sad that their solution to a poorly designed/thought out system is an even worse designed bandaid fix.
    Exactly
    That `s why i said the implementation is just stupid. It feels like a really bad,not thought-through, bandaid fix.

This is bad. The idea is sound, but they seem to forget how players enjoy ruining the experience for others. This will inevitably lead to lots of drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    At Actizzard HQ:
    -They don't buy enough real money level boost, what should we do?!
    -Lets ruin a perfectly fine, harmless, clever and fun ingame activity, ran by players for ingame gold. How dare they steal our dollars?!?!
    Boosting has been a fact of the game for years, and this isn't just sold for gold. One affects the other, if they stop real money boosting, gold boosting will inevitably be affected.

The boost sold by them is priced to put people off from buying it, AND doesn't go to 120. If their end goal was to sell more boosts on their own, they'd lower the price and let us buy level skips at 10 levels or 20, as well as making the big boost go to max level from the start rather than at the end of the expansion.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-06-17 at 02:42 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    A band aid solution to a much bigger problem. Scaling is whack, and it is going to take more than 1 expac to fix it, but I hope all this backlash bumps it higher on the 'to-do' list @ the office :P

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I don't really see what you find enjoyable about Max level WoW, After Reached Exalted with 7th legion and unlocking the allied race, I don't really see a reason to play anymore, since more Rep is pointless.

Also i don't do dungeons, Raids or PvP as they don't give rep towards the allied race.
    Yeah, so you play the game completely differently to me, which is fine. I want to raid and maybe do some M+. Everything else is just a means to getting there. How does me getting to the part I enjoy faster hurt your enjoyment? It's not like leveling is challenging in any way, so I'm not skipping a challenge or learning step, I'm skipping tedious, repetitive garbage that I've done many times already.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I mean, this isn't an ideal situation, but what's the alternative here without revamping the whole game? They definitely need to do that at some point, but I think it's obvious that wouldn't happen in 8.2

Quote Originally Posted by Stormykitten View Post
    I mean, this isn't an ideal situation, but what's the alternative here without revamping the whole game? They definitely need to do that at some point, but I think it's obvious that wouldn't happen in 8.2
    The alternative is to leave it alone because it doesn't hurt anybody, unlike their "fix".
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    do people really think that 110-120 in several hours was an okay thing to do?
    I honestly and truly couldn't care less what others do, I've never been wired that way.

Why others bother worrying is just so weird...

- P

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    do people really think that 110-120 in several hours was an okay thing to do?
    Yes. It has no negative impact on anybody and lets people get to the part of the game they presumably enjoy faster. If I wasn't hemorrhaging gold thanks to consumable prices this expansion, I would've made use of it myself.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I don't really see what you find enjoyable about Max level WoW, After Reached Exalted with 7th legion and unlocking the allied race, I don't really see a reason to play anymore, since more Rep is pointless.

Also i don't do dungeons, Raids or PvP as they don't give rep towards the allied race, and doing any form of gear progression is also pointless, as it will just be invalidated soon by the massive ilvl bump of next patch.
    Different people like different things.

I enjoy the process of leveling AND max level, but I still hate certain steps in the leveling process. 1-60 is shit. Outland, Northrend, Cata zones are ineffective, repetitive and boring. MoP + is where the leveling becomes something more than repeating quests. WoD is amazing with its bonus objectives, XP-giving treasures, elite mobs dropping quest items etc. Legion has bonus objectives and Invasions.

If I could, I'd gladly pay to skip up until level 80. Hoping the level squish will mean that we can level in MoP+ content exclusively, bypassing the old, dated, shitty content.

The alternative is to leave it alone because it doesn't hurt anybody, unlike their "fix".
    There is a massive real money business surrounding this 110-120 Service as well, Maby they are trying to hurt those people.

There is a massive real money business surrounding this 110-120 Service as well, Maby they are trying to hurt those people.
    And in doing so they're hurting everybody else who isn't participating in that RMT market. Maybe they should spend their time figuring out how better to detect and ban those people instead.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Different people like different things.

I enjoy the process of leveling AND max level, but I still hate certain steps in the leveling process. 1-60 is shit. Outland, Northrend, Cata zones are ineffective, repetitive and boring. MoP + is where the leveling becomes something more than repeating quests. WoD is amazing with its bonus objectives, XP-giving treasures, elite mobs dropping quest items etc. Legion has bonus objectives and Invasions.

If I could, I'd gladly pay to skip up until level 80. Hoping the level squish will mean that we can level in MoP+ content exclusively, bypassing the old, dated, shitty content.
    I think the level squish will just be that.. a Number squish, But it will still require the same XP 1-New number as the current 1-120. I don't think they will reduce the time it takes to hit max level, So after squish each level will just take A LOT longer.

7+ Year Old Account

Experience Eliminated Aura

The Experience Eliminated Aura
    WarcraftSecrets pointed out that Patch 8.2 adds Experience Eliminated, which reduces XP from mobs and quests by 95% if anyone in the group has experience disabled. This was likely done to stop Level 110 characters from boosting players to 120 quickly. I don't like that and i am 100% sure many many many people will be feeling same ways.
    Last edited by Dartz1979; 2019-06-17 at 03:03 PM. Reason: fix

The only ppl that will get hurt by this change is the ppl that pays their monthly token gold with boosts lol. The rest of the playerbase doesnt care or is affected by this

I think the level squish will just be that.. a Number squish, But it will still require the same XP 1-New number as the current 1-120. I don't think they will reduce the time it takes to hit max level, So after squish each level will just take A LOT longer.
    They already tried making each level take a lot longer, and had to reverse it due to an outcry.

I'm 100% convinced that the level squish will lead to them also sorting out the highly ineffective leveling experience.

And in doing so they're hurting everybody else who isn't participating in that RMT market. Maybe they should spend their time figuring out how better to detect and ban those people instead.
    Are you really that naive? Or do you just think the world revolves around you? How is Blizzard going to detect these people if they keep things 100% off of their services? Blizzard would have to install spyware on our system well beyond what Warden already does, and t would need to run 24/7 unlike Warden. Sure they could set up stings but that just gets low-hanging fruit and not much of it.

Second, they're not "hurting" anyone. They have made tons of changes like this in the past such as the security fix that broke the addon that allows cross-faction understanding. Blizzard knew that some folks willingly used that addon but they still had to break it. Snd that is how things have to be sometimes. If you do not believe me, then go make a an egg omlette without any broken eggs.

Is there any confirmation this will affect players found via LFG?

As it stands, it might only affect those already in a party before joining an instance.

Good change, hope they stick to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Are you really that naive? Or do you just think the world revolves around you? How is Blizzard going to detect these people if they keep things 100% off of their services? Blizzard would have to install spyware on our system well beyond what Warden already does, and t would need to run 24/7 unlike Warden. Sure they could set up stings but that just gets low-hanging fruit and not much of it.

Second, they're not "hurting" anyone. They have made tons of changes like this in the past such as the security fix that broke the addon that allows cross-faction understanding. Blizzard knew that some folks willingly used that addon but they still had to break it. Snd that is how things have to be sometimes. If you do not believe me, then go make a an egg omlette without any broken eggs.
    Sure, keep defending poorly designed fixes to non-issues when people are quitting the game en masse already. I want the game to be better so people play it more, and this is not the way to achieve that. It's wasted development time. And the omelette analogy is actually the stupidest thing in the universe, especially when people try to apply it to literally everything. There is nothing forcing them to make this change, they choose to make it, and the way in which they're making the change is extremely poorly designed.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Cool

Also i don't do dungeons, Raids or PvP as they don't give rep towards the allied race, and doing any form of gear progression is also pointless, as it will just be invalidated soon by the massive ilvl bump of next patch.
    I don't see how reaching exalted with a faction and unlocking an allied race is fun. I appreciate you might want the outcome, but was the process fun?

As for raids, I enjoy the content progression, not the gear. The gear is a pre-requisite or a by-product. My favourite moments in WoW have been killing a raid boss after many tries, or clearing the Challenge Mode dungeons. I don't remember many, if any, gear drop moments.