Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

90s boy bands: whats your opinion?

So I've become interested in NSYNC, Backstreet boys, A-Teens, etc. 90s stuff. Reminds me of my childhood. Is it wrong to like this stuff? I am 27 but it reminds me of simpler times. What do other people think? I get a thrill listening to the stuff I liked as a kid. Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got back from vacation with alot of my friends and their wives and we did kareoke for 2 hours last night comprised of only boy band songs like nsync, backstreet boys and 98 degrees. We're all 26-31.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I just got back from vacation with alot of my friends and their wives and we did kareoke for 2 hours last night comprised of only boy band songs like nsync, backstreet boys and 98 degrees. We're all 26-31.
    hah love it! I mean it's catchy music! I remember playing it when I was a child so it definitely clicks to me. It's trashy corporate created music but its definitelly part of my childhood now.

15+ Year Old Account
    I bust out the 90s playlist at work on occasion, just the other day in fact. Backstreet, *NSYNC, spice girls, tlc, Britney, Christina, and more. Jamming out like it was 20 years ago.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    I bust out the 90s playlist at work on occasion, just the other day in fact. Backstreet, *NSYNC, spice girls, tlc, Britney, Christina, and more. Jamming out like it was 20 years ago.
    hah what do people think? Most of the people I work with are of an older generation, so that stuff doesn't fly here.

Hated them when I was a kid, turned into guilty pleasures as an adult.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    Hated them when I was a kid, turned into guilty pleasures as an adult.
    I feel like my social identity would say they're bad, but I can't hate on these groups, when they were a key part of my childhood. I loved these groups. It's kind of sad how we change. RIP the backstreetboys/pokemon loving days.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helgrimm View Post
    hah what do people think? Most of the people I work with are of an older generation, so that stuff doesn't fly here.
    Heh that would be me ... the older generation that doesn't care for the boybands that always sounded they were only in it for the money and fame.

That said I often revisit music from my childhood and teenage years, mainly becayse my taste in music hasn't changed much over the years. New music has been added to my "list" over the years, that goes without saying, but my overall taste in music (that spans quit wide) haven't changed much

At the time I considered it horrible music. Compared to today music, I think it's actually musical genius.

They were always terrible. But then again, I've never really understood or cared for music in general, but boy bands took it to a nauseating level.