Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Post Low dps stop tagging kill mobs above 10% HP

As you all know ever since Legion we have mob tag sharing. Though it seems like some of you still don't understand how the system works.

Example 1:
    Say a mob has 100 HP. You start killing it. Now a 2nd person starts attacking it at 100%. Now suddenly the mob has 200 HP. A 3rd person attacks at 100%, the mob now has 300 HP.

Example 2:
    Say a mob has 100 HP. You start killing it and bring it down to 10 HP. Now a 2nd person starts attacking it at 10%. Now the mob has 20 HP (an increase of health equal to current health). A 3rd person attacks at 10%, the mob now has 30 HP.

In order to maximize kill times, you need to pull your weight. If you do bad dps and tag a mob at 100% you are just making killing the mob slower. You are not helping, you are slowing us down.

This means if you have shit gear, are a healer or a tank, just stop tagging mobs at 100%. If you want to be helpful, you wait with tagging it until it is at 10% HP.

This is the mob scaling system we live with. If you don't like being told to not do anything for 90% of the fight, flame Blizzard, not people that want to complete these dreadful quests ASAP.

Yeah ! Screw those who need gear ! World quest are for top tier mythic raider only !

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    Yeah ! Screw those who need gear ! World quest are for top tier mythic raider only !
    He didn't say don't do the quests. He said wait to tag an elite until low HP if you have bad gear so the kill will be faster. If you have shitty gear and tag the boss the amount of health you added to the boss wasn't worth it and just made the other person have to do more damage.

Too much min maxing thread for me.
    I hate this kind of stuff

In order to play the game, stop playing the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    This is the mob scaling system we live with. If you don't like being told to not do anything for 90% of the fight, flame Blizzard, not people that want to complete these dreadful quests ASAP.
    Or people can keep doing what they've always done.. The only quests where this could be relevant there are 20+ people anyway, so one or two more won't matter.

Also, what do you classify as "low dps"? Anyone under ilvl 415? Then what about the people at 415 who just go afk? Or the people at 400 who actually know how to play? Or what if I'm super awesome and do 20% more dps than everyone else in my group? Should they just go afk until I do most of the work?

It's never going to take off, if you want to minmax that badly, get your own 40 man raid to do it with instead of expecting randoms. But remember, only the person who does the most dps is actually allowed to hit the mob, everything else is ineffecient

Exquisite reading comprehension, there nothing you should need more than 140 characters for.

And while in theory OP obviously is right, you don't live in a vacuum. You don't know how good the gear of other people attacking the target is, and having even an undergeared tank or healer attacking such a mob might even speed up the killing as it allows to go full dps and not caring about your own survivability.
    Last edited by Puri; 2019-06-17 at 08:38 AM.

As you all know ever since Legion we have mob tag sharing. Though it seems like some of you still don't understand how the system works.

Example 1:
    Say a mob has 100 HP. You start killing it. Now a 2nd person starts attacking it at 100%. Now suddenly the mob has 200 HP. A 3rd person attacks at 100%, the mob now has 300 HP.

Example 2:
    Say a mob has 100 HP. You start killing it and bring it down to 10 HP. Now a 2nd person starts attacking it at 10%. Now the mob has 20 HP (an increase of health equal to current health). A 3rd person attacks at 10%, the mob now has 30 HP.

In order to maximize kill times, you need to pull your weight. If you do bad dps and tag a mob at 100% you are just making killing the mob slower. You are not helping, you are slowing us down.

This means if you have shit gear, are a healer or a tank, just stop tagging mobs at 100%. If you want to be helpful, you wait with tagging it until it is at 10% HP.

Geared players are cursed to carry my low geared alts throught stupid mob killing world quests. That's their burden.

Or I can tag all the mobs around and just wait til people finish them off.

I feel that you misunderstand the point of playing this game. I'd say the point is to actually play the game, e.g. hit stuff, not just collect shinies.

Example 1:

Example 2:

I understand how it works, however i'd rather let you kill the mob while i'm watching tv or alt tabbed. "waiting until 10%" would require me to be ingame paying attention to that narrow time window watching its hp. Thanks in advance.

What OP said is actually benefiting the low gear/performance players.... Thinking is hard!

How does it benefit them if they want to be out there doing things, instead of waiting around?

You need to take a break, my friend.
    Edit Signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine min/maxing world quests.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Oh no. A mob takes 10 seconds to kill instead of 6. How dreadful

Although I get your point - I'm still killing mobs in 2-3 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Or I can tag all the mobs around and just wait til people finish them off.
    There's no other tactic in Azerite WQ. Just AoE mobs around and run away to the other pack.

Not only you dont have the gear, but you also dont have eye to read and brain to think.

5+ Year Old Account
    I love you

Quote Originally Posted by Mikazukinoyaiba View Post
    Not only you dont have the gear, but you also dont have eye to read and brain to think.
    I have the gear, I kill those mob in 5 GCD max. Geared people go on those mob, pop all their CD and trishot them. How do you wait for 10% in that case ? It's just a "mathematicaly correct" assumption with no real application because geared people won't stop their amazing DPS at 10% to let other ppl tag it.

And the "elite WQ" don't scale.