Voters
68. This poll is closed
  • Outed for a better president.

44 64.71%
  • Stuck with him for another term.

24 35.29%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Trump is going to win narrowly simply due to people having the tendency to just vote for the sitting president. The american electoral system will also aid him like it did last time, which is peculiar since he keeps claiming how rigged the system is.

I really wish the world wouldn't have to stand 4 more years of this, but I don't see how he could possibly lose the election. Biden has the best chances of beating him, but he's too old to win. Warren would be a super easy opponent as she will just rile up the Maga crowd just like Hillary did last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Yikes, you actually believe this.

At some point you need to accept that our country just has a lot of rightwingers. Sure, they'll die off some day, but for now we have to deal with them.
    Yikes you don't? never mind its clear as day from the mueller report.

Demographic cascade continues. Trump and republicans suffer historic defeat. Senate is controlled by Democrats. House stays roughly the same with a few more republicans losing. And the republican party civil war starts in earnest. Those are my predictions.

I don't believe he makes it. His rabid fans don't matter, they'll vote for him no matter what happens. Trump his issue will be all moderate/swing voters deciding elections + voter turnout among Dems.

Trump has chronically underdelivered on his initial campaign promises and has been a pathologically lying ineffective lazy corrupt president. He can't promise to cure aids and cancer and expect moderate voters to believe him and follow along in his campaign story.

He's toast. Biden/Kamala will be the next president/VP duo.
    Last edited by Ashina; 2019-06-19 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    George H Bush lost. But he was probably most honorable of the Republicans since the 1980s.
    "Read my lips: No new taxes."

It's to early to tell honestly but the early polls are kind of disastrous for the candidate that has the best name renegotiation (sitting president). In every situation the sitting president should be ahead in the polls and not behind it or even with his potential candidates.

Having said that I don't have a high opinion of the American voters, at least 45% of the voters are glue sniffing idiots who will vote for a Republican even when they just destroyed the economy and pulled the United States into multiply stupid wars.

10+ Year Old Account
    The democrats need to land all of those voters that are put off by Trump by offering a solid, well-spoken, experienced candidate that, most importantly, isn't going to scare those voters off.

While Warren or Bernie might be the "exciting" progressive candidates that America needs in the long run, the short term goal is getting Trump OUT of the white house as soon as possible. But this short term goal is pursuant to long-term American prosperity.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering who runs against him - I'd say his chances are pretty high. You again have Bernie the sleeper agent spending half the campaign time backstabbing his own party and Biden himself does not really inspire. Trump thrives in such environments.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Wild a long shot, I'd say Yang would be the hardest for Trump to defeat. Sanders is a safe recognizable bet and would probably undermine his base heavily.
    Yes one of those two would be a good matchup for Trump. I think voters really do want people with new and different policy ideas that aren't in the status quo. Not Hillary 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I was really thinking he won't be elected...but sadly i think he has a crack at another term. T.T
    I think the democrats look like they are going to repeat their past mistakes by the looks of things.

Like I said in the 2016 campaign, they are better off ignoring him. Biden has already chosen to engage and it is my opinion if he does that he will lose.

By all rights I should say Trump has no chance, by 2020 if this China(and now India) mess is not cleaned up it will really start to bite the economy. But you know, train wrecks and slow motion. I think his chances are a lot better than most people want to admit.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Isn't there some Democrat who can beat Trump?

Someone think of the women and children!
    Last edited by Amalaric; 2019-06-19 at 11:23 AM.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he’ll eventually lose his re-election bid, but it’ll be closer than it has any right being. Way too many are still enthralled by this fucking clown, but enough, just barely enough in the right places, will have seen this freak show for what it is, and will want to change the channel.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Trumps best chance of winning is probably vote apathy across the isle. His own support has dwindled and I think most people have cemented their views, so not sure there's that many swing voters to be picked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Trump only really stands to lose votes and he only barely won the states that let him win while losing the popular vote by such a large margin. The only reason he may win is if voters stay home. The Dems need to make sure what happened in the midterms repeats again. Which means get Democrats and moderates that lean their way to get out and vote. Moderates who lean Republican (actual ones, not "woke independents") will most likely stay home or even vote Democrat.
    The midterm was not the actual blue wave the democrats predicted and this time there is no Russian collusion to motivate democratic base. With the economy up and California and new york becoming increasingly decrepit trump will likely take the moderate left as well. Because in the end that's all that matters: policy

He'll get reelected. I have little doubt of it. Between Russians running the elections, Americans still having their head in the sand and Trump kicking off a new war (with Iran this time), he's ticking all the boxes he needs to badger the electorate into doing what they always do when in doubt, which is reelect the current President.

If nothing else, he's got his trump card (no pun intended actually) of Democrats being too incompetent to choose a candidate that is actually decent and has enough integrity to win the election without resorting to Trumpisms.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    The midterm was not the actual blue wave the democrats predicted and this time there is no Russian collusion to motivate democratic base. With the economy up and California and new york becoming increasingly decrepit trump will likely take the moderate left as well. Because in the end that's all that matters: policy
    This was some of the dumbest shit I've ever read. You should feel embarrassed for having put that into print.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The Democrats won with an 8,1% popular vote margin and got an additional 41 seats and 7 governorships. And if you think the Republicans will flip California . . .
    Popular vote means nothing. I will remind you again that the republicans gained in the senate. And the republicans should stay the fuck away from California. Its a glorious cesspool of democratic depravity and stupidity that is not going to get fixed any time soon . Realise this the state of California is going to reflect on the democrats . No matter who is going to win the democratic elections is in a rather weak position and there are no decent democrats candidates.

Hate Trump all you want the democratic party is just plain worse. And when that twat of AOC says something stupid that detention centre´s are like ww2 concentration camps you will piss a lot of moderates off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    This was some of the dumbest shit I've ever read. You should feel embarrassed for having put that into print.
    sure thing buddy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    He'll get reelected. I have little doubt of it. Between Russians running the elections
    You are so full of shit Slant. This bs has been debunked. And still some people go on about it. Do you know how utterly insane you look?

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden, Warren, Sanders and Buttigiege are already outdoing him in the polls. I know it's early, but it doesn't bode well that a relatively unknown mayor from a relatively small city like South Bend is already outpacing a celebrity.

Trump barely won 2016. I know some of the right here will shriek about his electoral margins, but he wouldn't have had those electoral margins had he not won the right states by slim popular margins. He didn't gain popularity in those states, he lost it.

I'm cautiously optimistic that this freak show is almost over. But then, we have Mitch and the Republicans blocking efforts to safeguard our election so who the fuck knows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I think he’ll eventually lose his re-election bid, but it’ll be closer than it has any right being. Way too many are still enthralled by this fucking clown, but enough, just barely enough in the right places, will have seen this freak show for what it is, and will want to change the channel.
    It's been almost 3 years. And I still don't get this. The fuck is it about Trump that makes everyone on the right worship him like a god?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Hate Trump all you want the democratic party is just plain worse. And when that twat of AOC says something stupid that detention centre´s are like ww2 concentration camps you will piss a lot of moderates off.
    What do you call a camp where large numbers of displaced peoples are indefinitely concentrated?

Hint, gas chambers are not a prerequisite.
    Putin khuliyo

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    "Read my lips: No new taxes."
    Lol! Yep. People remember stuff like that said. Just like when Hillary called the Trump supporters deplorable's. Or Mitt Romney's 43% comment.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

I don't see a point of the poll of who will win the race when nobody knows who's going to even race. Who's going to be the dem candidate opposing Trump? Unclear. What's there to discuss then...