I was doing my research on presidential nominees, and was reading through Bernie's website to get an idea of his stances. If possible, I would like to get my mind changed on some of his policy stances. I consider myself a centrist with beliefs that occur on both sides. As a Zen Buddhist, I feel that both sides are actually necessary to provide dialogue and come to conclusions on what we really think about a subject, Yin needs Yang, Democrats need Republicans and vice-versa. I mean none of the following as a "Don't vote for him because of this nit-picking", and even with these complaints, it doesn't mean I myself won't vote for him. I am a legit, undecided member of society, curious to hear others thoughts.

Now to the juicy stuff:

1. Fight for disabled persons rights.

The premise of this one is good, and I understand the emotional connection and believe specifically that our welfare/disability system needs an overhaul so that it helps those who can get out of their situation to do so, and those who can't, to live a more meaningful life. Enter;
We unfortunately still live in a world where people with disabilities have fewer work opportunities and where the civil rights of people with disabilities are not always protected and respected. People with disabilities experience much higher poverty rates than people without disabilities.
To me, this just makes sense. Those who are disabled will have less options for work because there is less work that they can do. In the case of unskilled labor, the highest paying jobs are also the most strenuous and physical, so it makes sense that they would have a higher poverty rate. His options to fix the issue seem reasonable except for:
Guarantee jobs that pay living wages to all persons with disabilities who want to work through a federal job guarantee program. In addition to the job guarantee, Bernie Sanders will end the sub-minimum wage for individuals with disabilities.
This seems misguided. I'm not guaranteed a job, let alone one with a living wage. I also am not eligible to receive health or welfare benefits, so it makes sense that they would make less than minimum wage as they are already receiving a stipend to compensate. Being able to hire them at less than minimum wage also already provides an incentive to hire someone disabled over an able-bodied individual.

Guarantee a job to every American. A job guarantee will create good-paying jobs and will create work building much needed infrastructure and providing critical services to communities across the country.
I wanted to add this as I found it further reading through. This is a fantasy. Labor participation rate is something like 63%, are we going to suddenly create 100 MILLION new jobs with good benefits and good pay that people are actually going to want to do/find meaning in? I love the ideal, but I fail to see any possible method for implementation in reality.

2. LGBTQ equality.

I hesitate to put this on here, but will preface by saying that I was in a gay relationship for many years and have marched for gay rights. That said:
it is still legal to fire someone for being gay.
In most states, I can fire you if your eyes are blue. I can fire you if you are too good looking. I can fire you if my psychosis tells me you caused Mercury to go into retrograde.
Incredibly, it is still legal to deny someone housing or service in the military for being transgender.
Again, the same applies as above. I can be denied military entrance even if I am in great shape and have perfect asvab scores. If I'm applying for an apartment and the landlord thinks I'm going to start a cock fighting ring because he had a spooky dream the night before, he can deny me. I don't believe I am owed anything, and while I think it's shitty that someone wouldn't want to let me into the military because I express my inner man/woman, I also believe that we shouldn't compel someone. It's really a slippery situation, and without a set plan, I don't know if I can support someone who states:
Protect the rights of LGBTQ people around the world.
When I think many of us at this point can agree that we involve ourselves in other cultures too much as it is. "You will accept our ways or we'll shoot you." If we want to help those in other countries, I think it should be done by request and as peacefully as possible.

3. Enact A Responsible, Comprehensive Foreign Policy

Implement a foreign policy which focuses on democracy, human rights, diplomacy and peace, and economic fairness.
I don't personally understand how we can have a policy that pushes our own beliefs of democracy and human rights on an another country and also call it diplomatic or peaceful.
Follow the American people, who do not want endless war. American troops have been in Afghanistan for nearly 18 years, the longest war in American history. Our troops have been in Iraq since 2003, and in Syria since 2015, and many other places. It is long past time for Congress to reassert its Constitutional authority over the use of force to responsibly end these interventions and bring our troops home.
Unless I am mistaken, we have troops all over the world. I mean we still have 50,000 troops stationed in Japan, and WW2 ended just a little longer than the measly 18 years we have been in Afghanistan. The only people happy with war are those who profit from war. While I personally play RTS games with more of a defensive based long term strategy, I understand and appreciate the infiltration with small forces to quell problems quickly method. If we think of the world as a game of Civilization, we can't control what the opponent does, so we have to use a strategy that ensures our survival if we want to win. I'm not sure if there is anything to win in life besides peace which can't be attained by fighting. Welcome to the enigma of war.
Work with pro-democracy forces around the world to build societies that work for and protect all people. In the United States, Europe, and elsewhere, democracy is under threat by forces of intolerance, corruption, and authoritarianism.
I thought this is what the United Nations was supposed to be? I also think we need to find the solution to our own problems of intolerance, corruption, and authoritarianism before we use authoritarianism to tell another country how they should act.

4. I might add more later, I've been reading and writing for a couple hours and need a break.