Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So it's RNG for marginal gain.

Quote Originally Posted by krl View Post
    So it's RNG for marginal gain.
    If you're doing M+ or HC+ Raiding. Which far from everybody is.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    If you're doing M+ or HC+ Raiding. Which far from everybody is.
    Even if you have no other means of getting gear trying to get a socket and perfect stats is still gambling for marginal gain.

Dislike that they just had to add something RNG related to a system that’s currency based. I hate that mentality, they don’t need to drool RNG all over everything. I’m very happy we got currency gear but leave the RNG out of it please, hopefully they’ll just remove most of this garbage RNG next expansion but for now I wish they’d stop trying to squeeze in RNG at every corner. I understand it’s a minimal gain but RNG is RNG.

Luckily though most people going for benthic will be casual players who don’t really need the minimal gain or alt catchup who won’t need it much either. I know a lot of raiders are aiming for at least 1 430+ piece though.

Any brilliant ideas on how to farm manapearls to level up all this items?

I tried "rare hunting" and it simply doesnt work. Im at a loss here only got 19 pearls today...but most of them were from story quests...and a hidden quest.

Any idea what the proc rate is for a socket?

I just got 10 cloaks with zero sockets. Obviously a small sample size, so I may just have gotten unlucky. What have your experiences been?

Imagine doing this.

They need to remove this RNG Bullshit from the game. Like, now.

Quote Originally Posted by sephrinx View Post
    Imagine doing this.

They need to remove this RNG Bullshit from the game. Like, now.
    The game has always been RNG related though. You could get a piece of loot to drop, you might not.

You might get that trinket that's really good for you, or a staff that no one can use might drop. To say they need to remove it is like asking them to restart WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Even if you have no other means of getting gear trying to get a socket and perfect stats is still gambling for marginal gain.
    On pants or maybe even boots this may be true, but on weak slots like a cloak a socket is worth a lot of ilvls. On my Elemental shammy, for example, my 385 cloak with a socket sims dead even with the same cloak at 410, so the socket is worth ~25 ilvl. Similarly, a 425 cloak with a socket will be roughly like a 450 ilvl cloak without one. That will be hard to replace even with M+ (which I will do).

I don't run a crazy amount of M+, but I try to get at least one 10 in each week. I spent all season 2 unable to upgrade my socketed 385 cloak, and I even got a couple 410 cloaks (which were still downgrades because the stats).
    Last edited by Mesosphere; 2019-07-02 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Do people still use ilvl 400 gear...
    Yes cause it upgrades to 430

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The game has always been RNG related though. You could get a piece of loot to drop, you might not.

You might get that trinket that's really good for you, or a staff that no one can use might drop. To say they need to remove it is like asking them to restart WoW.
    Now that is just dishonest reply. You know exactly what he is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    It's not dishonest.

You're ignoring that dungeons no longer drop useless pieces of gear, and same for raid. At least, you won't end up in all leather/cloth groups and have mail/plate dropping.

It's silly to claim that "there's more RNG" when they also REMOVED RNG. Really it's not any different, and if throwing 5 manapearls at a piece of gear hoping for a socket is too "RNG" for you then this is probably the wrong game to be playing.

It's not dishonest.

You're ignoring that dungeons no longer drop useless pieces of gear.
    Most of it is useless because its not titanforged.

they are cheap as hell and getting a socket seems pretty high...I don't mind it.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-07-02 at 07:53 PM.

Most of it is useless because its not titanforged.
    Titanforging is irrelevant to this convo because Benthic gear can't titanforge.

And that's an exaggeration again. I have plenty of pieces on myself that aren't titanforged and are still useful.

Having several toons I'm drowning in mana pearls that I can buy pieces for.
    I'll take this over Titanforging ANY day. Gotten a socket on just about every single piece I've created so far too. I do however feel that they should just return sockets (baseline) and gear enchants/leg armors etc to where they were in the past, with socket bonuses etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesosphere View Post
    Any idea what the proc rate is for a socket?

I just got 10 cloaks with zero sockets. Obviously a small sample size, so I may just have gotten unlucky. What have your experiences been?
    I dont know if it was a bug at the time...but my worst "attempt" at a proc took me 8 tries.
    I was getting socket procs left and right...

Sorry i cant be of any help...

Titanforging is irrelevant to this convo because Benthic gear can't titanforge.

And that's an exaggeration again.
    Before I stoped playing, 95% of the loot I got went straight into that glorified cement mixer. One of the reason I stoped playing.

Please explain what he's talking about then, because I thought the exact same thing as Jester Joe before I even read his reply. How is this RNG bad while the RNG that WoW has always had (including whatever expansion the beholder believes was the best) good? How would you have an MMO without RNG without it being incredibly boring?

Personally I don't see what the problem is. This gear is already borderline irrelevant for anyone doing anything close to endgame content now and will definitely be so next week and even more so the week after that. I think if there were ever going to be "lucky procs" it should be on gear such as this.

Before I stoped playing, 95% of the loot I got went straight into that glorified cement mixer. One of the reason I stoped playing.
    Were you doing the content designed for your gear level, or are you talking about getting docked in heroic raiding gear and then continuing to only do heroic raids and get frustrated that nothing was an upgrade?

Because again, that's not unique to titanforging and was always a problem.

And no, I don't believe that you ran only heroic but outgear mythic gear. I've been running Heroic on two toons and both can still use gear from Mythic, even with titanforging.