Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It takes 220 manapearl to upgrade an item to 425 + 5 to actually buy it. So 225.
    Azerite gear takes 70 pearls to be 415.

Benthic gear is baseline 385. Upgrading every slot would be 3x70 + 6x220 = 1530 manapearls. This does not include the purchase price of 5!

I can get like 20 manapearls per day with doing all teh quests plus some rares here and there, no pvp or pve event, maybe some lucky drops from drops during questing.

That means I would need to do this every single day for 76,5 (make it 77) days to upgrade every single slot to 425.

This does not even include the fact that you wasted DOZENS of pearls trying to roll a socketed gear.

You know what you could do in that same time period? M+ and raid and you would have better gear in 2 weeks.

This is such a stupid way to gear my god.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Were you doing the content designed for your gear level, or are you talking about getting docked in heroic raiding gear and then continuing to only do heroic raids and get frustrated that nothing was an upgrade?

Because again, that's not unique to titanforging and was always a problem.

And no, I don't believe that you ran only heroic but outgear mythic gear. I've been running Heroic on two toons and both can still use gear from Mythic, even with titanforging.
    I was running M+ only. Every fucking week another shitty pair of pants. Nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I was running M+ only. Every fucking week another shitty pair of pants. Nothing else.
    Then why wouldn't you enjoy benthic gear more? the only RNG is trying to get a socket, and then you can upgrade it from there.

Or you can reroll for your favorite stats yes, but there's only 3 stat combinations per piece of gear too.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I've had the same experience, and it may be annoying but I don't see it as the problem you do. M+ isn't supposed to be superior to raiding Heroic, which it would be if you got a 410+ every week that had a high chance of not duplicating 410+ you already had. Personally I would like to see that kind of protection and a lowering of the reward to Heroic level instead of Heroic +10 but I am sure whatever they do some ppl would be unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    It takes 220 manapearl to upgrade an item to 425 + 5 to actually buy it. So 225.

Benthic gear is baseline 385. Upgrading every slot would be 3x70 + 6x220 = 1530 manapearls. This does not include the purchase price of 5!

I can get like 20 manapearls per day with doing all teh quests plus some rares here and there, no pvp or pve event, maybe some lucky drops from drops during questing.

That means I would need to do this every single day for 76,5 (make it 77) days to upgrade every single slot to 425.

This does not even include the fact that you wasted DOZENS of pearls trying to roll a socketed gear.

You know what you could do in that same time period? M+ and raid and you would have better gear in 2 weeks.

It's meant for people who don't do M+ or those who do and want to fill out a single slot to catch up.

It's fine the way it is in my opinion.

Thank you so much for the math, i havent done it myself.
    I wont level up the Azeirte pieces (because they have no socket), so it should be a little bit faster.
    It will still take a long time.

But i think i will have fun with it Thanks again for the math

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's meant for people who don't do M+ or those who do and want to fill out a single slot to catch up.

It's fine the way it is in my opinion.
    I didn't say it wasn't fine. It's fine if you upgrade one or two pieces, that's what it's for.

But I was reacting to the notion that trying to buy a whole set of socketed benthic gear is a good way to gear up. OP shouldn't advertise this as such an über "tactic" to get easy socketed gear. You waste useful resources AND time by doing this.

I didn't say it wasn't fine. It's fine if you upgrade one or two pieces, that's what it's for.

But I was reacting to the notion that trying to buy a whole set of socketed benthic gear is a good way to gear up. OP shouldn't advertise this as such an über "tactic" to get easy socketed gear. You waste useful resources AND time by doing this.
    Its totally worth it for me!
    Not a mythic raider, not a mythic + player, not a Arena Master...but for casual players who "endgame" is only LFR and Mythic zero...why not?

I dont engage in the harder content because it gives me headaches...this is fine for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Ah jesus, a new form of RNG. So much fun. Like who cares if its titan forge or w/e - PUT IT ALL ON A VENDOR, NO RNG - NO GATING - NO BS.

/sigh. No hate on you OP, good info and all.
    its JUST socket, and it is on a vendor, for super ultra cheap... it costs like 40 pearls to garuntee you willl get a socket.

- - - Updated - - -

we are part way through day 7 and i got that, i know people with more then me. its not that hard to farm em.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    its JUST socket, and it is on a vendor, for super ultra cheap... it costs like 40 pearls to garuntee you willl get a socket.

- - - Updated - - -

we are part way through day 7 and i got that, i know people with more then me. its not that hard to farm em.
    I did daily stuff and that's it. I even stated the activities I did. I don't have time to hang around all day to farm pearls. Of course you can do it.

There are people with flying right now and I'm only 6k/12k honored, because I don't farm all day. Just doing the dailies on nazjatar+mechagon is already a major time investment. Maybe not to someone who plays 10 hours a day.

You are the exception, not the norm.

Im so jealous pf you @FelPlague, you have no idea...you are the true Manapearl Hero...i only gathered 190............

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

I agree it seems worth it, but just to reiterate my data point, 40 pearls won't guarantee a socket. I spent all 50 I had left on my shammy to get a socketed cloak (10 cloaks) and came up empty. From others experience though, it seems like I probably got unlucky.

Thats said even if the AVERAGE is 50 (or even 100), it seems worth it to me, particularly as someone who runs M+. It costs 210 to upgrade to 425. Without a socket, a 425 won't last me very long with 430 end of run drops and 440 weekly chests. But if I first spend 50 pearls fishing for a socket on a cloak or bracer (for which a socket is worth more ilvls), my cost goes up to ~260 pearls (not really that much more). With an effective ilvl bump of ~25, I likely will be holding onto that 450 effective ilvl cloak/bracer MUCH longer than a 425.
    Last edited by Mesosphere; 2019-07-02 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    This gear only goes to 400 ilvl, right? Normal gear from the new raid is 415, and I assume Mythic gear got an ilvl boost too (or will eventually?).

This is just junky catch-up gear so you can quickly gear up and do the new content. Why would you get so invested in whether or not you got lucky with upgrades on garbage gear meant to simply catch people up who haven't played since the last tier?
    Goes higher than that. It goes up to 415 at least. I already have two pieces at 410.

The boots are better than mythic gear at lower ilvl

3% crit damage.

I think people don't realize that yet though, that some of it's better than mythic AEP gear. Plus you can gamble for sockets too.

The rng isn't a problem. Just the bonuses can be OP, like the aforementioned

Quote Originally Posted by Esotaric View Post
    lmao didn't know you could get socket off that thing

o well classic can't come soon enough
    Why? this is amazeing 8.2 ftw!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Its totally worth it for me!
    Not a mythic raider, not a mythic + player, not a Arena Master...but for casual players who "endgame" is only LFR and Mythic zero...why not?

I dont engage in the harder content because it gives me headaches...this is fine for me.
    What does 425ilvl with a socket= anyways gear wise im trying to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    What does 425ilvl with a socket= anyways gear wise im trying to figure it out.
    The only people able to answer that are players who know how to work with "sims"
    The user Mesosphere posted this:

Quote Originally Posted by Mesosphere View Post
    On pants or maybe even boots this may be true, but on weak slots like a cloak a socket is worth a lot of ilvls. On my Elemental shammy, for example, my 385 cloak with a socket sims dead even with the same cloak at 410, so the socket is worth ~25 ilvl. Similarly, a 425 cloak with a socket will be roughly like a 450 ilvl cloak without one. That will be hard to replace even with M+ (which I will do).
    But we have to take his word for it...and to know the exact answers we need to know how to work with sims...or something like that i dont know, im just a noob who's best gear is Benthic armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBH, I find it to be a mistake. Basically you are almost guaranteed to rock mythic raid worthy gear in many slots simply because of the easily rolled socket with 5 manapearls tokens spam, that you can then raise to 425 ilvl, which is coupled with socket rivals Mythic raid gear and often tops it thanks to special effect.

These items should have not been able to roll sockets imo OR at most have had socket proc be an option for a final upgrade only to make it rare, instead of common as it is now.

The only people able to answer that are players who know how to work with "sims"

But we have to take his word for it...and to know the exact answers we need to know how to work with sims...or something like that i dont know, im just a noob who's best gear is Benthic armor.
    So it looks like the .5ilvl nerf didn't mess anything up for us lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    TBH, I find it to be a mistake. Basically you are almost guaranteed to rock mythic raid worthy gear in many slots simply because of the easily rolled socket with 5 manapearls tokens spam, that you can then raise to 425 ilvl, which is coupled with socket rivals Mythic raid gear and often tops it thanks to special effect.

These items should have not been able to roll sockets imo OR at most have had socket proc be an option for a final upgrade only to make it rare, instead of common as it is now.
    Not true it will be 2nd best ingame maybe Mythic Gear will always rival over this handsdown.

10+ Year Old Account
    For example boots, wrists and gloves for spec I play are better than Mythic raid gear from Eternal Palace even without socket.

I think it's just silly tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Not true it will be 2nd best ingame maybe Mythic Gear will always rival over this handsdown.
    No it is pretty true, this already has been theorycrafted to death in lock discord and not by some random ass youtube/twitch clowns but by people with years of reputation. For example - boots with crit damage are simply better than mythic raid boots all the way up to Azshara ones (and even then still better for Destruction).

The fact that you can farm socket on them relatively easily compared... to fucking killing M.Azshara and hoping she drops socketed boots there... that's just ridiculous really.

I mean, here, from horse's mouth: https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...GK5LBvbj5FsmWH

455 Azshara boots with socket < 425 Benthic boots with socket

Nice, very exciting.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2019-07-03 at 02:38 AM.

I have a gut feeling blizzard might nerf the chance for socket to happen because of people complaining about it lol.but i highly doubt they will remove the chance smart move on getting it fast.