10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    What fucking reality do you live in? Every poll out there shows trump losing to all the major candidates and a generic Democrat. The GOP has been losing seats all across the country since Trump has taken office. it's the GOP platform that isn't popular outside their base. Trump didn't run on the GOP platform in 2106. He also lost by 3m votes. A technicality is how he won.
    Every poll had Trump losing by large margins in 2016 as well, how about we don't make the same mistake twice.

There's also this problem when it comes to polling and Trump, in fact its probably even worse now since he's even more reviled these days than he was in 2016 (turn the volume up to hear the clip):
    https://i.imgur.com/xZZC5aB.mp4

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Every poll had Trump losing by large margins in 2016 as well, how about we don't make the same mistake twice.

There's also this problem when it comes to polling and Trump, in fact its probably even worse now since he's even more reviled these days than he was in 2016 (turn the volume up to hear the clip):
    https://i.imgur.com/xZZC5aB.mp4
    That's not true on the day before and day of Trump was within the margin of error on pretty much every poll. Trump is losing outside the margin of error on pretty much every poll as of right now with a multitude of candidates.

We also know he fucking lost the popular vote by over 3M votes, but won in the EC going against the will of the people. Looks like the only town things the GOP want to vote is land.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I am not counting on it. But the GOP is actively working to get more of them to vote for the party. And I would be surprised if that many do vote for him. 34%? That would be amazing. But with record low unemployment for them since Trump has taken office, that is one step in the right direction. We shall see. A lot can happen between now and Nov. 2020.

Last I saw, Trump's approval rating among Hispanics was around 50%. And yeah, the electoral voter is more important than a popular voter.
    Interesting that you don't link to these polls that supposedly show these high approval ratings Trump has with African Americans and Hispanics.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Interesting that you don't link to these polls that supposedly show these high approval ratings Trump has with African Americans and Hispanics.
    A quick google search of reliable polls shows Trump approval rating among Blacks to be 10% and 25% among Latinos. The only polling site that has blacks ever reaching the 34% marks for approval of Trump is Ramussen, and we know how awful their methodology is.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    ITT

Conservatives saying you need to be conservative to win.
    Hmmm.. makes you wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    ITT

Conservatives saying you need to be conservative to win.
    Hmmm.. makes you wonder.
    I know it's a dead horse, but if not for Gerrymandering, the GOP would never have a majority in the US House ever again, and most of the country would have Dem legislatures. If the people were proportionally represented in their legislatures, you would see less GOP governors, less GOP senators, and they would truly be representative as the regional party they have become. But alas, they have to cheat to remain relevant.

I know it's a dead horse, but if not for Gerrymandering, the GOP would never have a majority in the US House ever again, and most of the country would have Dem legislatures. If the people were proportionally represented in their legislatures, you would see less GOP governors, less GOP senators, and they would truly be representative as the regional party they have become. But alas, they have to cheat to remain relevant.
    For a election cycle or two. I can still remember the religious right of the nineties and the current democratic party has morphed into the mirror version of that, I can see the election going either way currently at least. The democratic party would be aided quite a bit by stopping its all out assualt on the working poor though. What should be a free vote for them is instead a block being handed to the republicans.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Emerson and Rasmussen. Look it up if you are really that interested.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Again we return View Post
    For a election cycle or two. I can still remember the religious right of the nineties and the current democratic party has morphed into the mirror version of that, I can see the election going either way currently at least. The democratic party would be aided quite a bit by stopping its all out assualt on the working poor though. What should be a free vote for them is instead a block being handed to the republicans.
    And how are the left attacking the working poor? At least in my local Democratic office and statewide, we are trying to increase aid that they can receive. The former GOP leaders wanted working restrictions and drug screening just to get aid. The Democrats support retraining programs and affordable college tuition for those in fields that are going away or have disappeared. The GOP just wants the poor to pull themselves up by the bootstraps because everyone is a millionaire in waiting.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    A quick google search of reliable polls shows Trump approval rating among Blacks to be 10% and 25% among Latinos. The only polling site that has blacks ever reaching the 34% marks for approval of Trump is Ramussen, and we know how awful their methodology is.
    Also Emerson had them at 34%. And Rasmussen, was the second most accurate pollster source in the General election for 2016.

https://dailycaller.com/2016/11/19/t...ording-to-rcp/
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Emerson and Rasmussen. Look it up if you are really that interested.
    Burden of proof is on the person making said claim. but this is a typical tactic of the someone who is either lying or misrepresenting the facts.

But since it's easy, Rasmussen had him at 34% in one poll in July http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...g_black_voters and back down to 25% in August http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...o_normal_range. Haven found anything more recent. Also have to note that Rasmussen is a highly right biased polling center and they have him with extremely low black support. Which does not mean it translates into votes.

As for Emerson, the latest report that claimed 34% support, polled only 1092 people mostly on land lines. So it is not a proportional representation with there being a too small of a pool, and mostly older people use landlines. If it was only 1092 and had an even distribution of landlines, cellphones, and online then you would have something. Would also like to point out when a poll is that far away from the aggregate it is considered an outlier and not necessarily representative of what is really going on.

So in typical conservative fashion, you are misrepresenting the data to fit your agenda.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Emerson had them at 34%. And Rasmussen, was the second most accurate pollster source in the General election for 2016.

Most were withing the margin of error with a few outliers claiming a large HRC victory.

And how are the left attacking the working poor? At least in my local Democratic office and statewide, we are trying to increase aid that they can receive. The former GOP leaders wanted working restrictions and drug screening just to get aid. The Democrats support retraining programs and affordable college tuition for those in fields that are going away or have disappeared. The GOP just wants the poor to pull themselves up by the bootstraps because everyone is a millionaire in waiting.
    Mostly by their blanket support of illegal immigration that freezes and diminishes the buying power or unskilled labor. The GOP is utterly indifferent to the poor and doesn't support their interests. The democrats actively work against their interests while offering petty maintenance.

Both are awful but the GOP offers at least the notion they are actively doing something even if how they are doing it is ineffective and mostly a show.

Mostly by their blanket support of illegal immigration that freezes and diminishes the buying power or unskilled labor. The GOP is utterly indifferent to the poor and doesn't support their interests. The democrats actively work against their interests while offering petty maintenance.

Both are awful but the GOP offers at least the notion they are actively doing something even if how they are doing it is ineffective and mostly a show.
    First of, stop spreading this false GOP narrative. NO ONE IS SUPPORTING ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION PERIOD. Dems are in favor of not wasting money on useless walls that serve no purpose but to inflate egos. Dems have proposed and support increasing the amount of judges, lawyers, case workers and infrastructure to expedite the legal immigration process and to handle the cases of illegal immigration. As of now, the government has staffing levels to meet the needs of the country 35 years ago. Not just immigration, but there are not enough IRS agents to handle claims, not enough inspectors to inspect for safety across the county, as well as not enough support to handle immigration. That is where the money needs to go, not to a wall that can be climbed over, tunneled under, cut through, or just gone around. Nor do we need to sieze private property(something the GOP hates, until it pisses off the left) and destroy ecosystems to do it.

Secondly, The jobs undocumented workers take are jobs Americans would not do in the first place. They are also jobs that business will not pay proper wages for, which circles around back to the first point. Dems are totally in favor of increasing minimum wages and in many cases in favor of living wage laws as well as, increasing welfare access and amounts to those in need. The issue in areas where large amounts of undocumented workers live and work, is that they are primarily all red states. Just a cursory look into those states will show you what the problem is and how that contrasts with the evil Dem states that push for higher taxes, bigger safety nets, and livable wages are night and day.

One side is trying, the House passed something like 800 bills, some big ones that would help, but McTurtle is just sitting on them refusing to bring them to a vote.

First of, stop spreading this false GOP narrative. NO ONE IS SUPPORTING ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION PERIOD. Dems are in favor of not wasting money on useless walls that serve no purpose but to inflate egos. Dems have proposed and support increasing the amount of judges, lawyers, case workers and infrastructure to expedite the legal immigration process and to handle the cases of illegal immigration. As of now, the government has staffing levels to meet the needs of the country 35 years ago. Not just immigration, but there are not enough IRS agents to handle claims, not enough inspectors to inspect for safety across the county, as well as not enough support to handle immigration. That is where the money needs to go, not to a wall that can be climbed over, tunneled under, cut through, or just gone around. Nor do we need to sieze private property(something the GOP hates, until it pisses off the left) and destroy ecosystems to do it.

Secondly, The jobs undocumented workers take are jobs Americans would not do in the first place. They are also jobs that business will not pay proper wages for, which circles around back to the first point. Dems are totally in favor of increasing minimum wages and in many cases in favor of living wage laws as well as, increasing welfare access and amounts to those in need. The issue in areas where large amounts of undocumented workers live and work, is that they are primarily all red states. Just a cursory look into those states will show you what the problem is and how that contrasts with the evil Dem states that push for higher taxes, bigger safety nets, and livable wages are night and day.

One side is trying, the House passed something like 800 bills, some big ones that would help, but McTurtle is just sitting on them refusing to bring them to a vote.
    Very well lets not call it support but utter apathy to do anything about it.

As for jobs that are not needed... I don't think you get how the market should work.. if a job is undesirable the markets solution to it should be to raise the wage that job pays. Not import new workers who will take that wage. Increasing the minimum wage is also a pointless act as you are not increasing the buying power of people along with that wage. Any increase in such a manner will simply see prices adjust to the new wage within a month.

You can not endlessly add to the poor and expect to better their lot in life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very well lets not call it support but utter apathy to do anything about it.
    How about you stop deliberately lying about Democratic policy, rather than just shifting your lie around a bit and pretending the new lie is any better than the old one?

I’m a big fan of Mike Bloomberg’s tv ad that started to run. Easily the best ad of the season so far, and way way better than that weird cultish Sanders one with the crowd listening to Vermont Jesus’ sermon in Brooklyn. Bloomberg’s hit every point of “why” and “what” head on. And it pointed directly to Trump.

Bloomberg isn’t going anywhere and isn’t my candidate. But he gets it. He gets it’s a referendum on Trump and not a policy election.

15+ Year Old Account

Trump received 8% of the black vote in 2016, and there were similar numbers for Democrat vs Republican in 2018. As they say, the proof is in the pudding. I'm going to severely doubt Trump's ability to jump from 8% to 34% in just 3 years, especially considering Trump's overall approval rating is lower now than it was in November 2016.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I’m a big fan of Mike Bloomberg’s tv ad that started to run. Easily the best ad of the season so far, and way way better than that weird cultish Sanders one with the crowd listening to Vermont Jesus’ sermon in Brooklyn. Bloomberg’s hit every point of “why” and “what” head on. And it pointed directly to Trump.

Bloomberg isn’t going anywhere and isn’t my candidate. But he gets it. He gets it’s a referendum on Trump and not a policy election.
    Bloomberg? The guy that has China filling his campaign coffers? No praise should be given to this traitor, he would gladly hand China the keys to the United States if he ever won an election for President.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

Yeah, how dare people actually want to improve society somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Yeah, how dare people actually want to improve society somewhat.
    "Improving society" starts with defeating Trump.