Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    She deserved to get boo'ed.

What version of reality are people living in that they think Hillary is a good person?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    The same ones who think the abusive and dishonest partisan hit job House Democrats did was in fact a legitimate impeachment over impeachable offenses.
    I could not have asked for a better response lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    The same ones who think the abusive and dishonest partisan hit job House Democrats did was in fact a legitimate impeachment over impeachable offenses.
    Its legimate, but should have been done earlier for different reasons. and sending it to the senate was a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Its legimate, but should have been done earlier for different reasons. and sending it to the senate was a waste of time.
    Not really a waste. Senators have voted on nothing but judges, and the occasional budget for last 2 years, now dems can weaponize their voting for trump on this against them. In fact that was the whole point, to trap them.

This radical wing of the Democratic party will be their downfall in November. They're in a tough spot - if Biden gets the nomination then all the Bernie supporters either stay home or throw their vote away. If Bernie wins, the moderates and independents likely do the same.

As a party they don't know what they want to be right now and can't convey a united message. In the long run this might be a good thing as the party as a whole needs a big overhaul. Question is...when will they finally be relevant again? 2024, 2028, 2032, etc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    This radical wing of the Democratic party will be their downfall in November. They're in a tough spot - if Biden gets the nomination then all the Bernie supporters either stay home or throw their vote away. If Bernie wins, the moderates and independents likely do the same.

As a party they don't know what they want to be right now and can't convey a united message. In the long run this might be a good thing as the party as a whole needs a big overhaul. Question is...when will they finally be relevant again? 2024, 2028, 2032, etc?
    Biden as an radical is going a tad far.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post

Or you know Trump being a radical idiot will be the pubs downfall. He's handed the suburban vote to dems.

Now all the pubs have left is the dumb white rural vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They’re saying the opposite actually, that Biden isn’t left enough so the radicals would stay home or vote third party.
    Oh, i know, just making fun of people thinking the centre-left is radical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    and sending it to the senate was a waste of time.
    Wasting time is all the senate does anyway.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Bernie already crying about how the system is rigged against him. This time because the DNC is letting Bloomberg potentially participate in the next debate (if he passes a polling threshold or gets at least one delegate in Iowa).

https://www.newsweek.com/bernie-sand...eshold-1485183
    My understanding is that they want to get Bloomberg in the debate so as to expose him. He's been deliberately avoiding donors to not reach the threshold, because he can run campaign ads with no pushback, and push himself into the national conversation. He doesn't want to debate. Now, if he doesn't want to debate, he has to reject the invitation, which looks nominally worse than not qualifying.

Bernie should be licking his chops at the opportunity to get Bloomberg on the debate stage.

- - - Updated - - -

She deserved to get boo'ed.

What version of reality are people living in that they think Hillary is a good person?
    I've met Hillary, and I know dozens of people who've worked closely with her. I believe she's a good person.

In fact, I think she's a better person than her husband, Bill, who was a wildly popular Democratic President.

I voted for Hillary because the alternative was Trump. I hope establishment dems aren't delusional enough to think 65 mil people actually like her and wanted her to be president. She's not the worst person, obviously, but she isn't great either. She knew how unpopular she was. She knew most people didn't and would never like her. She ran for president anyway. Pure selfishness. I don't care if people boo her.

She keeps proving how terrible she can be. Sanders did triple the number of rallies for her than what she did for Obama yet she still attacks him. Conservative dems need to wake up and back better candidates.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Trump impeachment is the most impeachiest of impeachments I've ever known in the history of the USA. The fact that he still is president is a disgrace not only to the USA but to mankind as a whole.

But Hillary is also a cunt who has no place being anywhere a position of governing over people. Or commenting on anything... or opening her mouth... or breathing.
    Why is Hillary such a bad person, again? I can't remember why she should garner this much hate. I have not been paying that much attention, so is there something I've missed?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Why is Hillary such a bad person, again? I can't remember why she should garner this much hate. I have not been paying that much attention, so is there something I've missed?
    Because a lot of these kids grew up watching fox news. So hating Hillary, PElosi, or most dems is just a reflex for them. Bernie gives them a nice outlet, to want healthcare, and still shit on the libs.

Grats on wanting healthcare i guess. But they still have a long way to go in understanding leftists struggles.

Fox bombards their viewers with a lot of paranoia and resentment. So young viewers might be more inclined to worship cult like figures. It was a predestined tossup between Ron Paul, Trump, or Bernie.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I've always had a dislike for her pretty much for the same reasons I dislike most other politicians: they are far too beholden to big business and far too out of touch with the average citizen--Obama included. I don't have the same level of vitriol for her as others here seem to have, but even though I voted for her in 2016 it was mainly because I knew Trump was magnitudes worse in every sense and with Hillary I knew that--while things might not get much better--they certainly wouldn't become the trash fire that his administration is and there would be the chance for something better during the next election cycle.

I feel much the same way now. I'm pretty sure Warren is not going to get the nom, but I would MUCH prefer to have any of the Dem candidates in office than watch the US fall further and further backwards into the stone ages at the tiny hands of Trump. Anyone thinking "voting for Biden/Sanders would be just as bad as voting for Trump, so I'll vote for neither/fillintheblank" is just cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Well, tons of reasons, one of them being that she kept pushing the whole birther thing (eg. claiming that Obama was a secret muslim) when she ran against him. But other than that she is just a nepotist career politician. A privileged underhanded woman who has tried to undermine everyone and anyone that stands in her way of attaining more power while simultaneously being in bed with Wall Street and supporting every other slimey capitalist fuck as long as she got the money.

-snip garbage twitter quotes from Twitter nobodies-
    A nepotist career politician? You think she rode Bill's coattails? That Presidency was billed as a two-for-one, an equal partnership. She was the first FLOTUS since Eleanor to take an active role in policy. She handily won a NY Senate seat (which, as a NY resident, I admit, I was a bit skeptical of her carpetbagging), and while Bill has largely retired from public life since 2000, she's been out there kicking ass for the last 20 years.

I find a lot of the hate for Hillary irrational. She doesn't like Bernie? So what, she's competitive. If Bernie came out tomorrow and said he doesn't like Hillary, which he made abundantly clear leading up to, and at the convention in 2016 through his actions, he'd be lauded as honest and forthcoming.

She's a perfectly lovely person, in person. She's wonky, and a nerd, which turns off some people, I guess, but she's not evil. She's a harmless grandma who happens to believe in moderate politics.

As for the 39 to 13 appearances - Obama didn't want her on the campaign trail. They purposefully scaled her back, post convention. I worked on both campaigns in 2008, HRC's in the pirmary, and then for Obama's in the presidential. You're living in a delusional world.

[/snip]
    Just wanted to say that because she had photo-ops around Winstein, doesn't mean she knew or was complicit in all the shit he was doing. I imagine Winstein has had his photos with thousands of good people.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    She's a perfectly lovely person, in person. She's wonky, and a nerd, which turns off some people, I guess, but she's not evil. She's a harmless grandma who happens to believe in moderate politics.
    Seriously, for much of her career she was practically the most hard-left voice on the national stage in the Democratic party. A thing most people just fucking ignore.
    - Lars

This has got to be satire.
    No - she's guilty of nothing. What did she do that wasn't part of some BS Russian Propaganda? Emails? Benghazi? What?

Was she perfect? No, of course not, nobody is - but she wasn't a criminal either like people maker out to be either.

See, this is exactly the kinda shit I was explaining to @cubby earlier, there's STILL people who believe she's some criminal - despite never having done anything wrong! >_<

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    No - she's guilty of nothing. What did she do that wasn't part of some BS Russian Propaganda? Emails? Benghazi? What?

Was she perfect? No, of course not, nobody is - but she wasn't a criminal either like people maker out to be either.

See, this is exactly the kinda shit I was explaining to @cubby earlier, there's STILL people who believe she's some criminal - despite never having done anything wrong! >_<
    To be fair, I'm sure @Rochana is the type of person who thinks someone who has a cleaning service instead of cleaning their own home is a filthy evil person.
    - Lars

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    To be fair, I'm sure @Rochana is the type of person who thinks someone who has a cleaning service instead of cleaning their own home is a filthy evil person.
    I don't even know what a Rochana is, TBH. Is it native to North America?

EDIT: Btw - I'm serious, never heard of that person. I could Google-search her (I assume it's a her?) but if I haven't heard of them at this point politically, then I'm not sure why their opinion matters.

EDIT2: I didn't realize you were referring to a poster here - not a celeb! ((You'd think I'd get the clue from the @Rochana! >_<)). Thought you were discussing a celebrity like Snookie or Cardi-B twitting something against Hillary! :P
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2020-02-01 at 10:27 PM.

This has got to be satire.
    It isn't. About the biggest thing you can accuse Hillary of being is being a military interventionist. Which the majority of Americans are, when questioned on it.

Remember, when she voted for the Iraq War, it had 85%+ public approval. And Bush had lied to Congress about the imminent threat of WMDs. I remember this because I was part of the 15% protesting in the streets of NYC, D.C., and weekly in Boston.