10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I don't know.
    Really? Cause that's a marked fuckin' shift from the way you've been lambasting the DNC for the conduct of the Iowa caucus with nothing but certainty that they were responsible for it despite it being manifestly untrue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Sure. Disliking the only anti-corporate candidate does not gain you any points.

Also attacking other candidate's supporters is questionable. I've only ever questioned the policies and curriculum of the candidates themselves.
    The supporters are literally the worst part of Bernie. And it's because Bernie is a populist, and a demagogue (but try not to take those terms negatively on their face). Are those candidate characteristics allowed to be criticized?

Yes.

It becomes increasingly more difficult to be a progressive or pro-change the more corporate money you or your preferred politician accepts though.

Also the only one to gain when you attack each other's supporters are Trump, Putin and his cronies... so that also leaves one to wonder.
    Are you able to sleep under the weight of such conspiracy theories?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure. Disliking the only anti-corporate candidate does not gain you any points.

Also attacking other candidate's supporters is questionable. I've only ever questioned the policies and curriculum of the candidates themselves.
    Couldn't possibly because there is an issue with the behavior of a prominent number of said supporters, could it.

"Don't question it, but if you do it didn't happen, and if it did happen it was your fault."

This is the summary of the responses to criticism of the behavior of Bernie's more vocal supporters. Notice how it's indistinguishable the shit an abusive partner says.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the rest of my answer:

I also don't think caucuses in itself are bad. Just don't overcomplicate the rules of democracy and dont hold private meetings discussing how to screw over one of the candidates as much as possible
    What the fuck have Bernie and his supporters done to address this besides bitching about it over Twitter?

Again, this doesn't jive with the fact the "complication of democracy" was a result of the demands of Bernie's supporters.

Sure you are allowed to if you want to help Trump.

It is a free world, baby.
    Ah, but lobbing corporatist and lying snake isn't "helping Trump" because it's to the defense of the one true candidate? Saying Hillary doesn't deserve to breathe isn't helping Trump?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure you are allowed to if you want to help Trump.

It is a free world, baby.
    Let's play a game of bingo, folks.

Check these off if you've ever heard this from a Bernie supporter when you question his camp's vitriol.

Not only do I hope more states ditch caucuses after this, but also Iowa going first. It's always been flat out dumb. States should be divided into several groups with a rotation of which group votes first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to win an election that is the fuck we are trying to do about it.
    You are aware that reform of party electoral mechanics isn't contingent on being President, right?

I ask again.

What the fuck have y'all done to address the issue besides internet slacktivism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloomberg's twitter is on fire tonight. https://twitter.com/Mike2020

He's really gunning for Trump. Nice to see people actually attacking Trump on a visceral level.

More ads like this!

Would Bernie turn down Bloomberg's help?
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Hillary still relevant?
    You've mentioned Hillary Clinton at least once every posting session this election, so.

Apparently so!

Is Hillary still relevant?

But sure you are allowed to call Bernie a populist and maybe he is, because he really is the candidate of the people. Just like I or anyone else is allowed to point out that the other candidates are just corporate puppets. Corporations who are going to fuck you and your family so hard.

And the sad part is, you and everyone else knows it's true.
    I don't know how to respond to you, when you just suggested criticizing Bernie "helps Trump win" but when you criticize other candidates it's.........somehow okay.

Like, the cognitive dissonance is astounding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I don't know how to respond to you, when you just suggested criticizing Bernie "helps Trump win" but when you criticize other candidates it's.........somehow okay.

Like, the cognitive dissonance is astounding.
    They're really bordering on "Only I Can Fix It" territory with their attitude to Bernie, honestly.

Bernie Bros are the single biggest piece of evidence for horseshoe theory. Who knew that a progressive movement could have increasingly fashy overtones.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Bloomberg's twitter is on fire tonight. https://twitter.com/Mike2020

He's really gunning for Trump. Nice to see people actually attacking Trump on a visceral level.

Would Bernie turn down Bloomberg's help?
    Bloomberg? Really? That's who you're pulling for?

Might as well just vote Republican.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Bloomberg? Really? That's who you're pulling for?

Might as well just vote Republican.
    Calm down nancy, I never said I would vote for him. I wont decide for months.

I just appreciate seeing good attack adds on Trump. Bernie likes to shit on billionaires and "oligarchs". Would BErnie turn down assistance from Bloomberg to maintain his populist purity?

Ironically, Bloomberg has won larger votes than Bernie. Bloomberg is not afraid of the NRA either.

Calm down nancy, I never said I would vote for him. I wont decide for months.

I just appreciate seeing good attack adds on Trump. Bernie likes to shit on billionaires and "oligarchs". Would BErnie turn down assistance from Bloomberg to maintain his populist purity?

Ironically, Bloomberg has won larger votes than Bernie. Bloomberg is not afraid of the NRA either.
    Bloomberg is a billionaire trying to buy his way into office. He's like the poster child for American oligarchs. Or would be rather, if Trump hadn't beaten him to it.

You are very much missing the point. Also the only thing making me angry right now is your condescending tone all the while going: "this is just how it is!" - like the teacher's pet, except that in this case the teacher is a corrupt kabal of power-hungry capitalists.
    I'm telling you, that is how it is. And I'm also telling you, get the fuck out and change it then.

We have every goddamn right to complain.
    Blissful ignorance isn't an excuse to complain at the last minute.

Democracy is simple, it's founders were clear about the importance of equality in votes.
    Are you talking about the US Founders? The ones that denied women and slaves the right to vote?

Maybe the Greeks? Who similarly didn't enfranchise a considerable portion of their population?

Or someone else?

I am fully aware that there are different systems across the globe, each with their own rules and quirks and each of them diverging from democracy towards more oligarchic structures.
    Different, not necessarily more "oligarchic". The EC has nothing to do with an oligarchy, for example, but it's most assuredly not a direct democracy, either.

Again, this is the kind of very basic, foundational stuff that shouldn't be confusing. And that many in the progressive wing even find this "kids pool" out of their depth should be a cause to inform and educate themselves, not get angry.

But the Iowa primaries are just about the greatest nonsense I have seen... Coin tosses lmao and you got people defending this.
    I haven't seen anyone fully "defend" this other than, "This is how it's always been, and this isn't some grand conspiracy against Sanders."

People have mocked the coin tosses for decades. Again, Sanders supporters are just decades late to this party and acting like this is all brand new. It ain't, this is old hat, and people have complained about it mocked it the whole time.

How many more rules and regulations do you need to add?
    I don't know, ask the Iowa Legislature and state level parties. It's up to them.

Lessons in the consequences of increasing complexity are sirely needed for those technocrats who keep wondering why their concoctions keep getting rejected while some subservients keep suckling their toes soothing them with whispers of: "this is how it has always been, master. They are just not educated enough to understand."
    Dude, the only "new" bit is the app, which pretty much everyone agreed was a terrible idea as soon as the news broke. The rest of your post seems like some sort of generic rant and I'm not sure how to even respond.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Bloomberg is a billionaire trying to buy his way into office. He's like the poster child for American oligarchs. Or would be rather, if Trump hadn't beaten him to it.
    So you and BErnie would tank an election just for your pride. It's all about you.

Ahhh you think your millionaire podcasters care about you or your healthcare?
    How did you get to that from what i said? I could give two fucks about what the standard 3 podcast white boys weekly says. its clear thier followers are what you are sad about. Some 16 year old is dunking on you and then you say things like 'I'm starting to change my mind about wanting them to have accessible healthcare.' dont let the mask slip. I guess its because bros making podcast money are your peer competition in people roleplaying the left. Your entire discourse so far is crying about some dopey podcasters that nobody who isnt extremely online gives a shit about.

So you and BErnie would tank an election just for your pride. It's all about you.
    Dude, there's no way in a million years Bloomberg would support Sanders. The entire fucking reason Bloomberg is running is because Biden is weak and he was afraid of Sanders or Warren getting the nomination.

He's not running to beat Trump, he's running to beat progressives.