these are the people you are and have voted for and you're saying they have a chance to win?

it's so easy to be mocked.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    If we were to believe your delusions above, sure. But since you're categorically and factually wrong, unity in the DNC is very much possible. You have been shown time and again, in this very thread, that your near-conspiracy theory isn't cutting any slack with the people who are informed.

Please stop posting your doomsday drivel. It's not only false but doesn't do anyone any good.
    What's the middle ground between Bernie and Biden aside from getting Trump out of office? there is nothing progressive about Biden's ideals. The democratic party is divided it has been since 2016 even more so now, what sense is there in denying this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I thought Biden already said he wouldn't investigate Trump after the election?

Edit: I was misremembering: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/20/joe-...president.html

He won't order it, but will go along with whatever his AG decides is necessary.
    Yup uncle Joe wants to hug the republicans , forgive and forget.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Sigh, biden is gonna win, it's gonna be biden vs trump, and it'll be another 4 years of trump. Once again the young voters are being lazy and staying home.
    Can't wait til trump really fucks the country in the ass so hard it won't be able to sit down for years to come.
    It has nothing to do with lazy. Older voters have nothing to do that day besides vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    What's the middle ground between Bernie and Biden aside from getting Trump out of office? there is nothing progressive about Biden's ideals. The democratic party is divided it has been since 2016 even more so now, what sense is there in denying this?

- - - Updated - - -

Yup uncle Joe wants to hug the republicans , forgive and forget.
    Warren is a good middle ground, she should be on the ticket.

this is going to be so embarassing

Sigh, biden is gonna win, it's gonna be biden vs trump, and it'll be another 4 years of trump. Once again the young voters are being lazy and staying home.
    Can't wait til trump really fucks the country in the ass so hard it won't be able to sit down for years to come. That probably wouldn't motivate them to go out and vote either. Unless they are directly affected I don't think they will give a shit.
    Or maybe they have two jobs and can't vote, or are working while going to school and don't have time to vote, or wait in line for 3 hours, but yeah they're just lazy sitting at home doing nothing but playing video games.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Warren is a good middle ground, she should be on the ticket.
    Warren has pretty close to the same platform as Bernie besides that she is too old and has lost quite a bit of steam from this primary. My bet is still Mayo Pete some say Abrams which is possible he was talking about her for a while.

warren sucks as a candidate can't wait until she gets voted out. such a snake

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Warren has pretty close to the same platform as Bernie besides that she is too old and has lost quite a bit of steam from this primary. My bet is still Mayo Pete some say Abrams which is possible he was talking about her for a while.
    Pete or Abrams would be pretty stupid for him to do. So possible.

Can't wait til trump really fucks the country in the ass so hard it won't be able to sit down for years to come. That probably wouldn't motivate them to go out and vote either. Unless they are directly affected I don't think they will give a shit.
    Elections without holidays in the middle of the week (during exam period no less) isn't ripe for turnout. Incidentally our general elections also falls right in the middle of midterms as well.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Someone that would refuse to follow someone because of their race and gender is pretty blatantly bigoted. What are you puzzled by there?
    Holy shit - what a swing and a miss. Please, for the love of god, ask for clarification next time. You couldn't have been more wrong if you'd tried.

The point was that some progressives are motivated by Warren rather than Sanders. Your conclusion is irrelevant to the point I was making, just fyi. Please don't think this was a race/gender issue. Those are forbidden topics on this forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Well he certainly doing enough behind the scenes, and it's not like Obama hasn't disappointed me in the past.
    He's doing nothing behind the scenes, outside of contacting candidates after they've dropped out. Please, pay attention.

You know people keep saying that Warren isn't a spoiler because she's her own candidate. But... 40% of Warren voters had Bernie as their second choice with 15% split between Pete and Bloomberg.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I find it fascinating that all the dropouts are endorsing Biden. Is Sanders really that much different and scary to the rest of Democrats?
    Well, just for starters, he's not a democrat. And he's shit all over the party for decades.

the damage has been done. Elizabeth Warren and Amy can kiss their jobs goodbye. Pete will be unknown again. Trump will win more than he did in 2016. get ready folks. if you think the sanders supporters are going to vote for dementia biden you have another thing coming

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I don't? Fuckin weird, because last I checked I do realize that.

I'm well aware of that fact, but that doesn't change the reality that he's largely viewed as a far-left nutjob. And when you look at America right now, he is far left compared to where we are, and even where we were under Obama.

Or, because the country has shifted a bit towards the right and seems to be shifting back a bit, and we're simply taking that fact into account.

I mean, plenty were more liberal for their time, remember that the US has largely gotten more liberal over the years with occasional returns to brief periods of heavy conservatism slowing that progress down. But you're right for the most part...except when it comes to folks like Obama. He campaigned as an unabashed progressive in 08 and that carried him to victory of the more centrist Clinton, who everyone expected to run away with the race against a crop of nobodies.

The problem is that he ended up governing more as a moderate.

And no, we're not on the precipice of a "far right apocalypse", we're just in a period of general chaos.
    The country has shifted "a bit" towards the right? A bit??!?!?!?!?

We are about to have the possibility of Trump winning a second term. He will be untouchable if that happens. The courts will be gone for the foreseeable future. He will have unchecked power to do as he pleases.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    the damage has been done. Elizabeth Warren and Amy can kiss their jobs goodbye. Pete will be unknown again. Trump will win more than he did in 2016. get ready folks. if you think the sanders supporters are going to vote for dementia biden you have another thing coming
    I think they will, depending on who he picks as a vp, plus with bloombergs money in those key states.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I doubt this Amy is in a pretty safe zone as far as election goes, Warren may find herself in a tough spot seeing she even lost her own state. I think Pete has a bright future doubtful he walked away for nothing I am sure they promised him some position.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You mean like with the ACA?

Change right now isn't passing M4A or tuition forgiveness or any of the multitude of good/great policy ideas the (D) candidates proffer. Change right now is defeating Trump, his horror show of sycophants, and the lies and corruption that have plaugued and embarrassed this country for the last three years. We need to beat Trump. Period.

Then we can think about other change.

Don't interpret my position as caving to the GOP whatsoever. In no way shape or form should we compromise with the current class of clowns. The Truth and Reconciliation Committee will take care of those asshat bad actors nicely (VP Warren would head that up nicely).

- - - Updated - - -

If we were to believe your delusions above, sure. But since you're categorically and factually wrong, unity in the DNC is very much possible. You have been shown time and again, in this very thread, that your near-conspiracy theory isn't cutting any slack with the people who are informed.

Please stop posting your doomsday drivel. It's not only false but doesn't do anyone any good.
    The ACA is a conservative alternative to M4A/single payer/universal healthcare....soooooooooooo, yeah, like the ACA. That makes my point completely.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Also something to keep in mind, Arizona is VERY likely going blue this cycle with McSally vs Kelly. Kelly gonna win that in a landslide.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Also something to keep in mind, Arizona is VERY likely going blue this cycle with McSally vs Kelly. Kelly gonna win that in a landslide.
    It's kind of depressing that we are just stemming the tides instead of going forward so those will be hollow victories. My biggest worry is that one way or another a recession is coming the signs have always been there central banks are at their limit whoever wins this game of musical chairs is going to have hell to pay. I am afraid democrats will be left holding the bag for whatever mess comes next.