Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    [video=youtube;4Hs7CptPWI4]Look, I even saved you the effort of having to go and look. It's a night and day difference.

You can dodge the issue with ad hominems if you want, but it doesn't remove the elephant from the room.
    Or even as recent as 2016 in this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li4PG7nmlyM

He sounds so different here it's insane that people are just straight up refusing to see this.

Welp, between the Bernie or Busters, the nonstop circular arguments and the Trump Troll brigade coming off cooldown I can no longer justify wasting time reading this thread, so I guess "Have fun!" until November, folks.

Things have devolved to the point where I, now a Bernie supporter since Warren has dropped out, am being attacked by Bernie or Busters, so frankly if they want to keep eating their own like that then good luck to them in the rest of this primary. I'm sure this attitude will help them plenty in future political events.

To paraphrase what someone else I like said: "I'm a Warren supporter; I hope Bernie wins; I'll vote for Biden (if he's the nominee)."

Ta, folks!

I've counted three Bernie supporters in this thread who've suggested they "might just go ahead and vote Trump" because Dems "deserve it."

And now, another Bernie supporter claiming Tulsi is a legitimate candidate for the DEMOCRATIC PARTY nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    what is that supposed to mean?
    A Keynesian beauty contest (originally used to describe stock market behavior iirc) is basically a thought experiment wherein people are shown a hundred photos and asked to pick the ones that they like the most. The catch is that people who pick the most popular photos have the chance to win a prize. The result of this catch is that instead of picking who they think is the most beautiful, they have an incentive to game out who everyone else is going to find the most beautiful so as to try and win a prize.

So in this context, it means that voters (you've probably seen polls indicating that "can beat Trump" is more important to people than "someone I agree with") are picking Biden not necessarily because they like him the most, but because they think other people will vote for him instead of Trump. For example, there are plenty of posters in this thread alone that are closer to Sanders on policy, but either don't like him personally (or 'Bernie Bros') or think he's too risky in an election against Trump.
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2020-03-07 at 01:14 AM.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I've counted three Bernie supporters in this thread who've suggested they "might just go ahead and vote Trump" because Dems "deserve it."

And now, another Bernie supporter claiming Tulsi is a legitimate candidate for the DEMOCRATIC PARTY nomination.
    You mean people who always voted R but are now suddenly totez in support of Sanders?

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    You mean the same findings as interdependent journalist and Chemcial weapons watch dogs.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rt-after-leaks
    thats all been discredited lol. she spread conspiracy theories.

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/mena...r-filled-mess/
    https://www.bellingcat.com/tag/chemical-weapons/

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    You mean people who always voted R but are now suddenly totez in support of Sanders?
    Is that what they are? I tend not to hang out in this subforum, just occasionally drop into threads that interest me. This is the first thread since probably 2016 which I've made a concerted effort to keep up with.

Please show us who they are. And don't give us any low-count burner crap as sources..

Also, when are you going to source your claim of yours that Bernie is creating a White House position for that Left-Wing journalist???

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not at all Surprised The "WOKE" DNC just denied a Women of Color who happens to be a Veteran a spot on the debate stage. Also ignoring the American Samoa citizens who gave Gabbard her delegate and who have never had an impact on any federal election.
    I'm sure its a real blow for the 0.7% of democratic voters that supported her.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    A Keynesian beauty contest (originally used to describe stock market behavior iirc) is basically a thought experiment wherein people are shown a hundred photos and asked to pick the ones that they like the most. The catch is that people who pick the most popular photos have the chance to win a prize. The result of this catch is that instead of picking who they think is the most beautiful, they have an incentive to game out who everyone else is going to find the most beautiful so as to try and win a prize.

So in this context, it means that voters (you've probably seen polls indicating that "can beat Trump" is more important to people than "someone I agree with") are picking Biden not necessarily because they like him the most, but because they think other people will vote for him instead of Trump. For example, there are plenty of posters in this thread alone that are closer to Sanders on policy, but either don't like him (or 'Bernie Bros') or think he's too risky in an election against Trump.
    ding ding ding

winner winner chicken dinner right here

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post

So in this context, it means that voters (you've probably seen polls indicating that "can beat Trump" is more important to people than "someone I agree with") are picking Biden not necessarily because they like him the most, but because they think other people will vote for him instead of Trump. For example, there are plenty of posters in this thread alone that are closer to Sanders on policy, but either don't like him (or 'Bernie Bros') or think he's too risky in an election against Trump.
    thats still a legitimate reason to vote for someone. i've said many times that bernie ought to show he can appeal to a wider base of voters to succeed, but his superfans kept foaming about the dirty word "compromise".
    being surrounded by those types is only hurting bernie, not the evil moderates.

thats still a legitimate reason to vote for someone. i've said many times that bernie ought to show he can appeal to a wider base of voters to succeed, but his superfans kept foaming about the dirty word "compromise".
    being surrounded by those types is only hurting bernie, not the evil moderates.
    Picking someone that you think everyone else in the Democratic primary will vote for is honestly not a good strategy for the general. Not every state has open primaries, and you need Independent voters to win the election, they are the majority of the electorate.

10+ Year Old Account
    if people wanted bernie they would have voted for him.
    There are plenty of people that wanted Bernie, the issue there is more that a lot of those people in that demographic seems to think slacktivism on Twitter and Reddit is enough, and didn't bother voting in sufficient numbers.

So much for the DNC caring about giving a voice and platform to those who have been largely disenfranchised.
    Bullshit. She doesn't get to be in the debate because she should have dropped out months ago because, much like every other candidate that has dropped out, she has no path to victory. And not in the "she's not doing quite as well as Biden or Bernie, but she might pull out an upset" sense, but in a "she would have to win virtually every single state in a blowout" sense. Biden and Sanders both have around 600 delegates; Gabbard has 2. That's not just less than Amy Klobuchar and Pete Buttigieg, that's the absolute bottom of the ranking. The only candidates below her are the ones with no delegates at all because they dropped out before the primaries. Even the article you linked literally says "It's unclear why Gabbard is still in the race."

Trying to use this to accuse the DNC of racism and misogyny is the kind of nonsense that the GOP would pull. It's not a reasonable argument, and makes you look like you're just frothing out the mouth out of hatred for the DNC and trying to find something, anything, that can even remotely be leveled at them because you hate them so much.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2020-03-07 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    There are plenty of people that wanted Bernie, the issue there is more that a lot of those people in that demographic seems to think slacktivism on Twitter and Reddit is enough, and didn't bother voting in sufficient numbers.
    That's definitely not the case, the people who support Bernie, progressives, are people that do vote, they just don't make up enough of the party. Our numbers are only around 1/4 to 1/3 of the party. So while we're probably not going to win elections, the rest of the party does need our vote to win in the general, especially if they struggle to draw in Independent voters. And the majority of Independent voters are those people that don't vote that you are describing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Picking someone that you think everyone else in the Democratic primary will vote for is honestly not a good strategy for the general. Not every state has open primaries, and you need Independent voters to win the election, they are the majority of the electorate.
    hi, independent voter here.
    not a registered member or donated to any political party.
    i don't think bernie would do well in the general because he caters to a small but vocal minority and (specifically!) refuses to budge on anything that might cause him to appeal to people beyond that minority.
    because of his cheerleaders, he banked his campaign on the "passionate youth vote" - didn't happen. he's alienated one of his closest political allies. he's alienated other similar ideological voters with his hatchet men.
    what exactly is supposed to make me think he would magically gain 100x the cross appeal he has so far demonstrated?

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Please show us who they are. And don't give us any low-count burner crap as sources..

Also, when are you going to source your claim of yours that Bernie is creating a White House position for that Left-Wing journalist???
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Bernie or bust for me, no Bernie no vote for Senile Joe. If I reaaaaaalllly must vote then heck I will vote Trump over that clown Biden. At least Trump is half-decent at his work and not useless and senile like Biden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimensius View Post
    I’ve pretty much decided that I’m not gonna vote in November if Biden is the nominee. If Biden Boys want to be annoying about it, then maybe I’ll vote for Trump
    Here's two of them right here. Regular Bernie supporters in this thread, saying they might as well support Trump.

Here's two of them right here. Regular Bernie supporters in this thread, saying they might as well support Trump.
    isnt that lockybalboa a trump supporter whos just shit posting like dexteron or w/e his name is, not sure aboutthe other dude. Just clicked his post history and clicked through to a random page

I was mocking people who said that they wouldn’t vote for Bernie because of “Bernie Bros”

I said Don't give us any low-count burner crap! One of those guys is 382 posts in four years - and that guy was just mocking against Biden-supporters here.

The other guy (lockybalboa) is clearly a drive-by troll if you look at his posting history in all forums. Shit, he's even using Dumbass Dump's terminology/talking points and calling Biden "Sleepy Joe" just a few days ago in one of his posts. https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...7#post52138177

You can't seriously believe these two are ACTUALLY Bernie-supporters! >_<

Oh, and that's just 2, not the three you were saying you counted.

Also, when are you going to source that claim of yours that Bernie is creating a White House position for that Left-Wing journalist???
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2020-03-07 at 01:31 AM.