Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    It's not about being afraid. It's about sending a message: that Bernie is done and its time for him to kiss the ring and fall in line.

And Bernie's leverage lessens every week he stays in. Starting next Tuesay, he gets wholloped even worse.

He will not move the party left by losing by massive margins in places like Florida and Georgia and Lousiana. He will burn what little leverage he has left up.

Today was the day to drop out.
    Wow Skroe you sound very authoritarian. What happened to open debate and democracy?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And you complain about Trump's authoritarian streaks?

Come on dude. Sanders may not have a chance in hell, but let this shit play out. This is Democracy. It's fuckin messy, and you know that.
    No. The country is a democracy. But political parties are private organizations. They elect to conduct their affairs a certain way.

The biggest mistake Republicans made after 2008 was indulging the far right, starting with the Tea Party. Rather than keeping a lid on them, like they did their predecessors for fifty years, they created an opening that allowed the crazies, the true ideologues and the grifters to infect the wider party, and then eventually dominate it. And now it's all but destroyed the Republican Party and replaced with with a malformed Trump-racist un-American creature.

Democrats have managed their own populist infection far, far better. But with Bernie Sanders at his weakest, now is the time to rip out the root and restore order to the party. There will not be a third act to this populist nonsense. America requires two fully functional political parties that play towards the political center/center-right/center-left, and Democrats are extraordinarily close to completing half the repair job. The Republican reconstruction/replacement effort, whatever that may be, will be harder.

That is why you don't indulge sanders anymore. Biden beat him. Now he must destroy him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Wow Skroe you sound very authoritarian. What happened to open debate and democracy?
    See above. And it's not authoritarianism. It's management. The time for debate and dissent is over. Now is the time to fall in line, so that we can win the General Election optimally.

Or Bernie people can stay home. Who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Which is harder then? Getting a date wrong or distinguishing Tuesday from Thursday?

- - - Updated - - -

Dem or bust huh? Let's just vote for a nincompoop who is a more senile version of Trump for president just because he is Dem. Nice logic.
    more accurately its because its not the pathological liar corrupt criminal Trump who is also senile

Which is harder then? Getting a date wrong or distinguishing Tuesday from Thursday?

- - - Updated - - -

Dem or bust huh? Let's just vote for a nincompoop who is a more senile version of Trump for president just because he is Dem. Nice logic.
    he's far from "more senile than trump". that whole line of attack is pointless, and as you can see has not borne fruit.

if sanders reeeaaallllly cares about the "progressive movement", he ought to negotiate with biden behind the scenes about adjusting some parts of his platform. then he can save face at the debate by "winning over" biden. and then gracefully bow out instead of getting curbstomped later.

Unless you live in Wisconsin, Michigan, North Carolina, Florida, Arizona, or Pennsylvania, I expect you to stay home election day. Sanders voters are not reliable voters.

If you live in one of those six states, if would be great if you turned out. But if you don't, meh. Biden already has the coalition needed to win in those states which are older or more minority dominated.

So yeah. See your hostage there? *shoots the hostage*. You don't get to take hostages. If I were you, go netflix and chill or something.
    See, like these classic Skroe posts. Nothing calls out the lie to his claims that he opposes Trump's values better than his regular demonstrations that he, too, values nothing beyond political math.

- - - Updated - - -

The senile nincompoop who won't dismantle our institutions. and undermine American prosperity and engage in truly monumental levels of corruption and criminal activity. Oh yeah, and also isn't a traitor.

Easiest vote of my life.

You can do it or not. It's immaterial. I just don't want you to think for a second you have leverage. You do not.

President Biden...Need that VP name now.

He is a status-quo dinosaur, a pedo,just as corrupt but a more senile version of Trump. He can't even distinguish Tuesday from Thursday
    Status quo dinosaur, yes, a pedo? Not unless you have fucking evidence of it, meanwhile Trump is credibly accused of raping a 13 year old, and has hit on his daughter several times, and walked into the dressing rooms at Miss Teen USA while they were undressing. There is no evidence that Biden is a pedo, but there is plenty for Trump.

And Trump is OBJECTIVELY WORSE than Biden as far as gaffes, senility, and not knowing what he is fucking talking about.

So, you better retract your statement about Biden, because I am sure he could sue you for slander.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    See, like these classic Skroe posts. Nothing calls out the lie to his claims that he opposes Trump's values better than his regular demonstrations that he, too, values nothing beyond political math.
    It's a classic Skroe post int he sense I'm not indulging you in your touchy-feely bullshit and tell you you count.

I want to win this election.
    My team will win this election by winning Pennsylvania, Michigan + one of the other four states I named.

That is the strategy to win. There is no other way about it.

So why, precisely, should I indulge you by telling you that if you live outside of those six states, hostage taking has any value? ANd even in those states, the demographics undermine the hostage taking?

This is not a statement of values. This is me telling you defeated Bernie people to cut the crap and don't think for a second you have more leverage than you do. Because here's the thing... you've seen the elections coming next week? When Bernie gets creamed in Florida, do you think he'll have more or less leverage than he does today?

The senile nincompoop who won't dismantle our institutions. and undermine American prosperity and engage in truly monumental levels of corruption and criminal activity. Oh yeah, and also isn't a traitor.

Easiest vote of my life.

You can do it or not. It's immaterial. I just don't want you to think for a second you have leverage. You do not.
    Lol gl to you mate. Fancy voting for a senile old fool and mindless yes-man who can't even distinguish Tuesday from Thursday and his wife from his sister. AKA voting for the sake for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Status quo dinosaur, yes, a pedo? Not unless you have fucking evidence of it, meanwhile Trump is credibly accused of raping a 13 year old, and has hit on his daughter several times, and walked into the dressing rooms at Miss Teen USA while they were undressing. There is no evidence that Biden is a pedo, but there is plenty for Trump.

And Trump is OBJECTIVELY WORSE than Biden as far as gaffes, senility, and not knowing what he is fucking talking about.

So, you better retract your statement about Biden, because I am sure he could sue you for slander.
    Biden can't even distinguish his wife from his sister ffs

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm... starting to think there are two cubbys. Does one have a weird b, like a ß or something, and I've just never noticed there are actually two distinct people?

There's rational cubby who disagrees with Team Sanders but agrees important aspects of the platform should be adopted, agrees that maybe there should be some pressure to get this done.

Then there's RADICAL FUCK THE PROGS CUBBY, YOU VOTE TEAM OR WE VOTE YOU OFF THIS PLANET, IF THE DEMOCRATIC NOMINEE IS ZOMBIE CLONE HITLER YOU BETTER SIEG HEIL THAT CORPSE ON NOVEMBER 3RD MOTHERFUCKERS!
    Same guy. Same positions. And if you look closely, and ignore the all caps, they are consistent points. No where have I ever, ever, said "fuck the progs".

However, as always, I can be wrong. If you can show me the inconsistencies, maybe I can explain better (or bring out my doppelganger...).

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Same guy. Same positions. And if you look closely, and ignore the all caps, they are consistent points. No where have I ever, ever, said "fuck the progs".

However, as always, I can be wrong. If you can show me the inconsistencies, maybe I can explain better (or bring out my doppelganger...).
    seems like a lot of people here lately take disagreement as personal attacks. speaks to how stressed people are over politics since the orange was elected.

Biden can't even distinguish his wife from his sister ffs
    Meanwhile, Trump literally hits on his daughter, CONSTANTLY.

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    i'll stop when you guys stop "invoking" him.
    I haven't bud, thanks for playing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Sorry, but your guy's contempt for anything Civil Rights or "SJW" related is what drags you down.
    • Bernie getting detained and fined $15, 57 years ago, is not your shield.
    • Bernie showed nothing but disregard for Black voters in 2016. He did it again in 2020.
    • Proof is, both times it utterly ended his campaign.
    • They are a key part of the Left in the US. Deal with it.

Yeah, please stop invoking MLK.
    Oh dear, dear, dear. Usually people dump their shit into a toilet. What happened here?

To be fair I don't think there are very many not willing to throw behind Biden. There's the one guy who isn't even an American and might be a little bit crazy, and then there's Theo who I'm still 93% positive is just concern trolling. I might have missed a few though.
    But so many people here really really seem insistent on acting like it's a waaay bigger problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Bernie can stay in until the convention, and I see no reason why he shouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    The more delegates the stronger Bernie enters in the convention, the more change progressives can get implemented within the DNC rule committees as well as parts of his platform on Biden's ticket. That's how politics work since I don't think Bernie is looking for a cabinet position.
    No. Just, no.

Unless the debate over the weekend produces some sort of shocking swing, Bernie absolutely should bow out. He's losing in places he shouldn't have lost and there's no reason to presume that trajectory will magically change.

You can whinge about the DNC coalescing behind Biden and dropping him up with endorsements (hell, I know I have), but when you (read: Sanders) run a campaign with a core message of being anti-establishment, you should absolutely expect said establishment to do everything they possibly can to stop you. He should have seen this coming. He should have had a plan for this. And if he did see it coming and didn't have a plan for it, that's even worse. It's been abundantly clear he did not have a plan and has been in full reaction mode since Super Tuesday, which means at best he didn't see it coming.

And to reiterate for you, I'm a Bernie supporter.

He can talk to his "good friend" Joe on ways to adopt support some of his policies and try to help energize Bernie's base to support him. He doesn't need to drag this primary out to do it. Time which could be better spent working to beat Trump ('cause god knows Biden will need all the help he can get).

I'm not gonna vote for senile Joe just because he is the Dem candidate. That's childish. We're voting for a president and not cheering for a football team here. Senile Joe is an even worse choice than Trump
    Hey look, we found the Trump supporter!

It's not about being afraid. It's about sending a message: that Bernie is done and its time for him to kiss the ring and fall in line.

And Bernie's leverage lessens every week he stays in. Starting next Tuesay, he gets wholloped even worse.

He will not move the party left by losing by massive margins in places like Florida and Georgia and Lousiana. He will burn what little leverage he has left up.

Today was the day to drop out.
    I like how your response to being called out for endorsing an authoritarian tactic includes "kiss the ring and fall in line". Wow, that's a painful lack of self awareness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    On the contrary, every american should see Biden in a debate right about now. They need to know what they're voting for in november. Fuck off with the 'abandon policy talk' bullshit.
    There have been three other debates in the last month, including one just over a week ago...

10+ Year Old Account
    From 538
    Mississippi now says it has all precincts reporting (though that can mean different things in different states) and Sanders is at 14.8, i.e. at <15% meaning he won't get statewide delegates. He'll probably get a district delegate or 2 but this is a big delegate gain for Biden.

Funny he did so badly in Mississippi, after he criticized Obama and Dems for not doing more in Mississippi.

Skipping that Jackson rally might've made the difference for clearing 15%. But Fox News was more important.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Bernie can do the debate on Sunday then get demolished on WTFTuesday... at that point in time he'll have lost any and all leverage he ever had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Day by day Bidens brain melts a little more so one more debate to show off old Dementia Joe to the american people before he's hidden away and propped up with a stick in November

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Day by day Bidens brain melts a little more so one more debate to show off old Dementia Joe to the american people before he's hidden away and propped up with a stick in November
    And every day we see Trump's dementia in full frontal..you must be laughing at him constantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    And every day we see Trump's dementia in full frontal..you must be laughing at him constantly.
    Joe makes Trump seem lucid but yeah great play Republicans have a president with brain rot so Dems wanted one of their own. For the lulz maybe?