Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    here is a better idea,remove flying from the game for good,and stop making zones around flying aka water world
    That would litteraly kill the game. Flying is one of WoWs most important features.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I'm talking like 1000-2000 gold tops.
    It was 5k in BC.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    This is what Blizzard is really good at, releasing stuff at intervalls that drag people back, so they resub (or stay subbed). It's buisiness, and they are damn good at it.
    Not sure if they are or if people simply don't think it through. You can keep up with everything by subbing for only 4 months a year if you time your subs right. I have been doing it since MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tacoloco View Post
    It was 5k in BC.
    for epic flying, yes.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by makls View Post
    Since patch came ppl are rushing like mad to get it done,i just came online and on my guild chat ppl where berserk on farming that rep ,asking where and how to get it done faster and questioning everyone on the hidden stuff like fishing quests that gives rep etc.I am just in awe the last 7 days i cant believe you are rushing to get this achivement where you will get it overtime in the next week anyway.Where are you gonna fly once you get the pathfinder?For farming arch?no one is looking forward to that.Everything we do is instanced ppl,arenas ,mythic+,raids ,you dont need to get there faster its already .Cant be to do more WQs? I have a friend came back to wow just to get this achivement,like he doesnt even move from SW since spaming bgs and a random hc and goes off.
    Not gona lie i am having a blast with the new patch and pvp in nazjatar can be good if its a even shard and mechagon feels fresh also,adding flying to it will cancel it all and it will be same as tanaan jungle .Am i in the wrong here? what am i missing if i logically play this game and get what i find interesting in this game anyway without being burned out?
    Maybe we like flying? I've enjoy 8.2 more than I've enjoyed the rest of the expansion combined
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    for epic flying, yes.
    Doh. Of course.
    I'm a crazy taco.

As one of the people who got it 3 days ago, honestly just because I like doing things like that, rushing a big "grind" and having something that stands out that very few other people have, if any, feels good even if just temporary. The only regret I have is not getting it even faster because I know I could've, just did a few things wrong.

Also, the faster it's done, the sooner you don't need to think about it anymore and can focus on other things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    People want to fly.

Blizzard should take the hint and 1) reduce pathfinder to 1 part, 2) have it completable no later than the .1 patch and 3) have the tasks be relevant to flight and not silly shit like rep.

They'll do none of this, of course
    Speak for yourself. I may have rushed the shit out of it but it had nothing to do with my desire to fly or my opinion on flying in general. I'd probably prefer if it didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    That would litteraly kill the game. Flying is one of WoWs most important features.
    I believe it would improve the game if we knew the game would not have pathfinder2 in the future.

The importance of rushing to Pathfinder part 2 is that, as people reach it, they will abandon Nazjatar and Mechagon and go do something else. That means the content will get increasingly more difficult as more and more players reach the goal. Therefore, the easiest way to complete it is to do it in the first wave. We cannot really know how much more difficult it will get to find groups to do stuff, but it will get harder.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by makls View Post
    I believe it would improve the game if we knew the game would not have pathfinder2 in the future.
    No, you do not. You find it funny to annoy people on the internet but flying or no flying has zero impact on you or your enjoymet of the game as you never use it anyhow (I mean, no sane person would use flying if they found ground mounts more fun, right).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    I may have rushed the shit out of it but it had nothing to do with my desire to fly...
    right. sure.

Pathfinder is worse than attunement for old raids; which, by the way, those quests lines were actually fun to do. Pathfinder is just a laundry list of bullshit that I never attempted to finish since WoD, played a little in legion, and gave up on nightborn rep; unsubbed since. there isnt even an easy way to unlock flying for old content like wod or legion so whats the point? just give up you are so far behind in the game; find a new game; this is why wow is dying, the barrier to entry is getting too big for returning vet and new players....

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Not sure if they are or if people simply don't think it through. You can keep up with everything by subbing for only 4 months a year if you time your subs right. I have been doing it since MoP.
    Why play the mininum you can though? Why don't you just quit if you don't enjoy it enough to stay subbed for more? What's the point?

Personally, BfA actually made me unsub for the first time in a long as time (think last time I actually cancelled my sub was back in Cata, due to IRL issues). Been playing since mid-vanilla.
    Most of my ingame friends quit, my guild I've been in for ages died etc. So BfA just feels boring as shit to me, most likely due to not having the same playerbase to play with anymore.
    Anyways, back to the thread; I, personally, just don't understand why people resub for something like getting Pathfinder 2, just to unsub again a month after because "I've done the 'content'". It's an MMO, it's about the gear grind and progression (well atleast for me, and everyone I've ever played with).
    Just baffles me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cozzri View Post
    Pathfinder is worse than attunement for old raids; which, by the way, those quests lines were actually fun to do. Pathfinder is just a laundry list of bullshit that I never attempted to finish since WoD, played a little in legion, and gave up on nightborn rep; unsubbed since. there isnt even an easy way to unlock flying for old content like wod or legion so whats the point? just give up you are so far behind in the game; find a new game; this is why wow is dying, the barrier to entry is getting too big for returning vet and new players....
    To be fair, a new player doesn't need flying in old content, and should do pathfinder in new contet because it actually just makes you play the game and do objectives.
    Pathfinder isn't the reason WoW isn't getting millions of new players. It's becaues it is a game genre that the younger audience doesn't appeal to. Look at what they are playing; PUBG, Fortnite, Apex Legends, Auto Chess. They want 30minutes of high action packed fun, not grinding gear and AP.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

They messed up with TBC, by introducing flying mounts.

They should have simply replaced the gryphons/wyverns with gnomish/goblins teleports.
    And the HS with a device to travel to them from whereever you are.

Then, once teleported, would have been up to you and your ground mount.

The problem here is imho not to fly or not, but the time lost.

So I can get those *potential* bis healer essences for raiding. Yeah I need mecha/nazja rep for that... Flying is a bonus

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    People want to fly.

Blizzard should take the hint and 1) reduce pathfinder to 1 part, 2) have it completable no later than the .1 patch and 3) have the tasks be relevant to flight and not silly shit like rep.

They'll do none of this, of course
    ^^
    Not flying is for suckers, we've had it for so long and the way they make maps and world quests just makes flying too good not to have.. i don't see why we are forced to wait half an expansion, should be introduced the first major patch imo.
    FFXIV has flying after completing the zone its sooo much better.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or they could have made Pathfinder into one big thing, for Part 1, sure Revered with everyone because it is the big rep grind after all which comes with the World Questing and generally following the story arc, for Part two, just complete the Story and the War Campaign up to current patch and BAM, you can fly, no need for a 2nd rep grind
    Kaiba, Vengeance Incarnate
    Level 120 Demon Hunter - Garona, US
    Havoc Specialization
    Level 31 Hunter - Mankrik, US
    Catch me live on Twitch.tv @Kaiba12

That's why I asked myself, the content is boring, the classes are boring, I guess I'm just doing it cause I still have 20 days on my token.

It makes grinding AP WQ's much faster, which is relevant to everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    That's why I asked myself, the content is boring, the classes are boring, I guess I'm just doing it cause I still have 20 days on my token.
    Ya...honestly im just playing to keep myself busy until classic mostly, im having alot of trouble being excited anymore. Live is super stale and needs a massive shakeup in some way.