Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    People care because they want access to a feature which was easily obtainable after leveling and a gold investment from TBC until WoD. Blizzard originally planned to entirely omit flying from Draenor until the players complained. Now we're stuck with this time gated grind to fly. It's stupid.

Being on the ground is boring. Nazjatar is worse then Argus in terms of area design. I'll be glad when I finish pathfinder part 2 and can only hope Activision will replace the devs responsible for delaying flying.

Speeds up other things.

Brings me in a lot more money ingame. I can out pace most casual people with resources if I keep up with the dailies and unlock as fast as possible.

But....I'm taking my time this time around. Kinda nice.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

To fly above the peasants?

And to speed things up, i guess..

I am not exactly rushing (about 2/3 of the way through honored) but I mostly want it for leveling alts. I've been holding off on alts despite having an army of them at 110 as I'm a bit burned out on BFA leveling. I figure I will work on a couple more alts once I get flying unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    People want to fly.
    They want to fly so it is easier to do all the stuff they just rushed through to get flying ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    They want to fly so it is easier to do all the stuff they just rushed through to get flying ?
    Uh... yes?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Because that asshole Rustfeather has yet to drop his jetpack and mount for me and its a bitch trying to get up there on non jetpack days unless you plan on waiting 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Rushing? The expansion is almost over.
    almost.. as in there is at least a year left?

Quote Originally Posted by makls View Post
    Since patch came ppl are rushing like mad to get it done,i just came online and on my guild chat ppl where berserk on farming that rep ,asking where and how to get it done faster and questioning everyone on the hidden stuff like fishing quests that gives rep etc.I am just in awe the last 7 days i cant believe you are rushing to get this achivement where you will get it overtime in the next week anyway.Where are you gonna fly once you get the pathfinder?For farming arch?no one is looking forward to that.Everything we do is instanced ppl,arenas ,mythic+,raids ,you dont need to get there faster its already .Cant be to do more WQs? I have a friend came back to wow just to get this achivement,like he doesnt even move from SW since spaming bgs and a random hc and goes off.
    Not gona lie i am having a blast with the new patch and pvp in nazjatar can be good if its a even shard and mechagon feels fresh also,adding flying to it will cancel it all and it will be same as tanaan jungle .Am i in the wrong here? what am i missing if i logically play this game and get what i find interesting in this game anyway without being burned out?
    So wait your asking why people are playing a game that just released new content? And why they are doing new content?

Why do people ask such dumb questions

First of all most people are just doing the new content because its new stuff to do. Easy way to gear fresh alts and collect new collectibles. Mounts, toys etc. Why does it matter. Not everyone is rushing flying. U get like 3 dailies and 4 world quests a day in each zone. It takes an hour and a half to get the minimum rep per faction you can acquire per day.

Who cares. If you play the game like your supposed to your going to get flying pretty fast regardless if you try for it or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bc why would u not want to fly? Im not rushing but i can understand why people are. I rushed during wod and legion, but im over it now...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I'm talking like 1000-2000 gold tops.
    You know DAMN WELL if it was ever going to be a gold sink it would be, at minimum, 20k. Because Blizzard is fucked up like that. Just look at the shit mounts they introduced this patch that cost 90 fucking thousand gold.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Because that asshole Rustfeather has yet to drop his jetpack and mount for me and its a bitch trying to get up there on non jetpack days unless you plan on waiting 30 minutes.
    I kill him on 8 toons daily. 4 have the bp. No mount yet...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You know DAMN WELL if it was ever going to be a gold sink it would be, at minimum, 20k. Because Blizzard is fucked up like that. Just look at the shit mounts they introduced this patch that cost 90 fucking thousand gold.
    90k gold? *cough spider...warframe..big boi* i wish those costed only 90
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Humans are like ants.
    They only know how to consume and destroy...
    Build? Cooperate in large amounts for the better of the group?

Either way, regardless of if it rewarded flying or not I always push through reps like this that are relevant.
    I find it fun personally. Has nothing to do with flying.

Im not touching mechagon or nazjatar on my alts until i have flying. Naj especially is awful to traverse.

7-8k rep through honoured with both rustbolt and unshackled so should only take me a couple more days

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Build? Cooperate in large amounts for the better of the group?

Either way, regardless of if it rewarded flying or not I always push through reps like this that are relevant.
    I find it fun personally. Has nothing to do with flying.
    The Gaming community consumes content at the speed of light.
    Or at least the "loudest" part of the gaming community.

IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The game is more enjoyable when you can fly over all the tedious shit.

I’m pretty desperate for flying right now. I’ll hit unshackled revered tomorrow which just leaves Rustbolt.

Also I’m wanting to hit exalted with both before my month of sub ends. Then I’m done with the game until 8.2.5.
    Patch is 1 week old

"WAH I'M DONE WITH THIS GAME UNTIL NEXT PATCH!"

... I don't even
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    People that want to fly will rush through things. That's perfectly OK. It's also fine to not be in a rush.

They should take another look at their rails for Pathfinder and figure out something different. The idea itself is OK because flying is a very great reward and you should play most of the game to get it. Stretching it over launch plus a couple of patches is a bit much though. On the other hand if they truly don't like flying in the game then what we have makes perfect sense and people should understand that.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you can be bored faster. We're on a tight deadline, Classic launches next month.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)