Group Message Text Spam

Has or does anyone get group text message or (MMS) messages stating scammy type material? "get your funds, up to 5000$ go to website: yadayadayada.something".

In the list of numbers at the top is a slew of peoples phone numbers. Like I have no idea who these numbers or people are; however, It's gotta be some sort list a company gets and just messages people out of the blue with some scammy information to try and get peoples information from their phones..

Of course, I did NOT respond and immediately deleted the message. I'm sure whatever or whoever uses some type of program to get information from the (MMS, Multi Media Message) text if someone was to return. Or whoever tries to go to that particular website with their phone, computer, laptop, etc. They can log and try to get all the credit goodies from your devices.

Just curious to see some reactions and responses to the crap going on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Galactis View Post
    Has or does anyone get group text message or (MMS) messages stating scammy type material? "get your funds, up to 5000$ go to website: yadayadayada.something".

In the list of numbers at the top is a slew of peoples phone numbers. Like I have no idea who these numbers or people are; however, It's gotta be some sort list a company gets and just messages people out of the blue with some scammy information to try and get peoples information from their phones..

Of course, I did NOT respond and immediately deleted the message. I'm sure whatever or whoever uses some type of program to get information from the (MMS, Multi Media Message) text if someone was to return. Or whoever tries to go to that particular website with their phone, computer, laptop, etc. They can log and try to get all the credit goodies from your devices.

Just curious to see some reactions and responses to the crap going on.
    Now usually I get phone calls or robocalls rarely but, I make sure to report them to that FCC website. Granted who knows if it actually does anything. But group text messages have only happened recently within the last year for me. And, I find it a little intrusive.

Got one of those for a sex website. Didn't realize that if you try to respond to one of those, you are actually messaging someone else who also got that spam. Tried to tell the spammer to sod off and someone else messaged me asking what was wrong with me. Whoops.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Got one of those for a sex website. Didn't realize that if you try to respond to one of those, you are actually messaging someone else who also got that spam. Tried to tell the spammer to sod off and someone else messaged me asking what was wrong with me. Whoops.
    Yeah, it's not possible for anyone to text the original messenger back because, it is an automated response machine. It's just ridiculous.