Poll: Who stood out the most?

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    That Bernie rage is killing all the insurance company allies.
    "wages are stagnant and they have really good healthcare!" that's eating up wages...

“I do know it, I wrote the damn bill!”

Love it.

People “losing” their union plan for a comprehensive MFA is like losing your coach seat for first class.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    "wages are stagnant and they have really good healthcare!" that's eating up wages...
    The fucking... ‘it will create a two tier healthcare system, one for the rich and one for everyone else’... what the fuck does he think is happening now?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The fucking... ‘it will create a two tier healthcare system, one for the rich and one for everyone else’... what the fuck does he think is happening now?
    Well, the current one is like 3 tiers:
    1. The rich
    2. Insured middle/working class who get subpar care(on a world scale) and have to deal with shitty insurance practices like denying medication.
    3. People who can't afford insurance/don't get insurance from work

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    People “losing” their union plan for a comprehensive MFA is like losing your coach seat for first class.
    Not necessarily... but, I think the important part is to highlight how much the tax payer already pays for employer provided healthcare. That dude bitching at Bernie, was using this misunderstanding to misrepresent MFA.

Bernie’s ‘rebuild’ the triangle... is idiotic...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Bernie is spitting straight bars out there. He'd destroy Trump in a friendly greeting, let alone a debate.

For people looking to watch it, theres now a bunch of Twitch streams with it up.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

“I do know it, I wrote the damn bill!”

Love it.

Anyone who thinks a union-negotiated healthcare plan is worse than a government run program is just wrong. I don't know who the candidate was, but he rightly pointed out that they count on Medicare reimbursement rates, which are substantially lower than what's paid by private insurance. He's right, lower care is "built in". Standard of care necessarily would go down under 25%-40% reduced payment rates.

Keep in mind, union-negotiated healthcare plans are typically very good, which leads to headlines such as "Can union members stomach Medicare for All?" No, healthcare would not be "first class" under M4A compared to union healthcare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bernie is spitting straight bars out there. He'd destroy Trump in a friendly greeting, let alone a debate.
    Trump would have owned Bernie on the ‘rebuild the triangle’... we don’t need to rebuild South America... and Trump’s America first, is built to fight shit like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Anyone who thinks a union-negotiated healthcare plan is worse than a government run program is just wrong. I don't know who the candidate was, but he rightly pointed out that they count on Medicare reimbursement rates, which are substantially lower than what's paid by private insurance. He's right, lower care is "built in". Standard of care necessarily would go down under 25%-40% reduced payment rates.
    This is bullshit... a person with Medicare and private insurance, get the same treatment for the same disease. Cheaper care is built in, not lower.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump folded to NRA... that’s strong... good job. He did support universal background checks, then spoke to NRA and flip flopped.

Keep in mind, union-negotiated healthcare plans are typically very good, which leads to headlines such as "Can union members stomach Medicare for All?" No, healthcare would not be "first class" under M4A compared to union healthcare.
    Like Bernie already said.

People like their doctors and hospitals, they don't like their copays and insurance companies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those students also told politicians to fuck off. Bad form...

Edit: Bullock is going for the troll vote... Koch brothers and the dark government? Well played... let’s see Williamson rebuttal.

Edit: Bernie going for the moron vote. ‘Trust me... I supported this bill 20 years ago and lost the vote... I will do it again’... idiot...

Edit: Yes! Williamson rebuttal to the troll... started strong... but, then started to make sense... god damn it. You had the troll vote!!!

Edit: These posts brought to you by Direct TV and iPad corner picture mode thing... wait... is this what they call “live blogging”? Am I cool?
    Last edited by Felya; 2019-07-31 at 01:09 AM.

One can quibble about standards of care, but MFA under Bernie’s plan would undoubtedly be as or more comprehensive as far as coverage. MFA would also help unions bring wages up as healthcare cost growth would eat up less of the potential wage growth.

As to reimbursement rates, it is hard to see a scenario under MFA where reimbursement rates aren’t reformulated

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Trump would have owned Bernie on the ‘rebuild the triangle’... we don’t need to rebuild South America... and Trump’s America first, is built to fight shit like that.
    I think the way around that is to tell Trump voters directly that if they don’t want people from those countries coming here, then they need a better country to stay in
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    The DNC really needs to thin this herd, fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    One can quibble about standards of care, but MFA under Bernie’s plan would undoubtedly be as or more comprehensive as far as coverage. MFA would also help unions bring wages up as healthcare cost growth would eat up less of the potential wage growth.

As to reimbursement rates, it is hard to see a scenario under MFA where reimbursement rates aren’t reformulated
    It’s not a quibble... Medicare covers the highest risk pools of patients, without any low risk pools to cover it. The standard of care for low risk pools, under the same cost under Medicare, would be higher than that of private insurance. We are discussing the least healthy people’s cost, to that of the healthiest. This is misinformation... plain and simple...

10+ Year Old Account
    Bernie is getting it in!!!

Love me some ticked off Bernie.

Bernie is getting it in!!!

Love me some ticked off Bernie.
    Yeah, the fact is we are the odd one out it is already happening around the world.

And they're literally using republican talking points "they're taking away healthcare!" like... can we like just say fuck it, 5 people per debate fuck off all the jokers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the way around that is to tell Trump voters directly that if they don’t want people from those countries coming here, then they need a better country to stay in
    The solution is aid... not intervention. Trump voters don’t care... Trump voters will not support any intervention and will reject all justification. It’s also closer to a moderate position... I don’t believe being against intervention in other countries, is a far liberal or far conservative stances.

Edit: Smart move Delainy... they need to focus on Detroit’s recovery. Oh snap on Warren...

Edit: Warren is my pick. I still like Williamson as a troll vote winner, but Bullock is really trying, while Williamson made too much sense.

Edit: There we go Bernie... finally! Go Detroit!!!

Edit: Klobuch with a passive chicken shit answer... unelectable... she is done in my book.
    Last edited by Felya; 2019-07-31 at 01:22 AM.

Wow that beat down from Warren on Delaney
    -Louis Brandeis

That Warren burn! Like seriously Delaney go the fuck home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bernie and Warren don't even need this debate and they're wiping the floor with the D-list.

By D-list I mostly mean Delaney

@Felya I’m 99% sure that Bernie means aid not intervention
    -Louis Brandeis