Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Democrats messaging hurts and kills again

In his Twitter profile, Connor Betts, the 24-year-old suspected gunman in the Dayton mass shooting, wrote, "he/him / anime fan / metalhead / leftist / i'm going to hell and i'm not coming back." https://heavy.com/news/2019/08/conno...-social-media/

When will Democrats renounce anime, metal and preferred pronouns?
    Last edited by breslin; 2019-08-06 at 01:09 AM.

Exactly what messaging is that?

Maybe you can offer some examples.

I don't see them pushing ethno-nationalism and racism against immigrants, but what exact messaging are you referring to?

10+ Year Old Account
    An empty barrel makes the most noise.

I'm glad some kind of people are so easy to identify on this forum, here you go pal have a cookie!

Don't you have more terrorists to sympathize with?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Don't you have more terrorists to sympathize with?
    Is that a deflection attempt?

Cope

proffered pronouns
    hold out (something) to someone for acceptance; offer.
    Was this intentional?

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Well the first person he shot was his sister and the guy that was with her, so that one doesn't initially seem to be politically motivated. I understand the urge to deflect away from right wing racists murdering people though.

Anyway, how is Metal a liberal thing? Or anime for that matter?

Quote Originally Posted by breslin View Post
    Is that a deflection attempt?

Cope
    I could ask the same thing about this thread.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I could ask the same thing about this thread.
    No I think if we are going to make inferences about one side of the political spectrum from a tragedy then we should do the same for the other side as well. Balance and fairness

10+ Year Old Account
    Flag him for the bait thread and move on. Don't give him attention.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

No I think if we are going to make inferences about one side of the political spectrum from a tragedy then we should do the same for the other side as well. Balance and fairness
    So, exactly what messaging are you speaking about. You were very vague in the OP.

7+ Year Old Account
    In his Twitter profile, Connor Betts, the 24-year-old suspected gunman in the Dayton mass shooting, wrote, "he/him / anime fan / metalhead / leftist / i'm going to hell and i'm not coming back." bit.ly/2KpcrCL

When will Democrats renounce anime, metal and preferred pronouns?
    Well I was arguing against several people on this forum who were claiming that "guilt by association" is a valid form of reasoning. So I'm sure they'll be changing their tune in this case since a leftist did something bad. lol
    Last edited by PC2; 2019-08-05 at 12:05 AM.

You're being too obvious with you attempted deflecting. It's too bad burner accounts aren't removed anymore.

One literally wrote a manifesto detailing how his political views influenced him to kill people, the other didn't. If you can't see the difference this thread is really a waste of everyone's time.

Either way, left or right. Gun control would help solve these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Well I was arguing against several people on this board who were claiming that "guilt by association" is a valid form of reasoning. So I'm sure they'll be changing their tune in this case since a leftist didn't something bad. lol
    Why would people need to change their stance? If you are willingly associating with neo-Nazis... then you are claiming that association. Someone came up with the term, "Nazi-adjacent," and I think it is a great one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Why would people need to change their stance? If you are willingly associating with neo-Nazis... then you are claiming that association. Someone came up with the term, "Nazi-adjacent," and I think it is a great one.
    So is it okay to associate with leftists when they are adjacent to this murderer? According to you association confers guilt.

So is it okay to associate with leftists when they are adjacent to this murderer? According to you association confers guilt.
    If you are associated with murderers, then don't get pissed when people point out that you willingly associate with known murderers. it doesn't matter if that murderer is on the right, or the left.

It's not really that difficult to figure out.

It's easy to "infer" about ones political spectrum when one literally wrote a manifesto about how their political stance is why they did something while the other is just a plain crazy person. The first took the time to make sure people knew why they did something and the other just did something. It's called context and this whole thread is a lame bait attempt.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    If you are associated with murderers, then don't get pissed when people point out that you willingly associate with known murderers. it doesn't matter if that murderer is on the right, or the left.

It's not really that difficult to figure out.
    Yeah but the question is whether you can assign guilt to anybody besides the guilty person. Which I have a feeling this thread will be all about "individualism" all of a sudden.

Yeah but the question is whether you can assign guilt to anybody besides the guilty person. Which I have a feeling this thread will be all about "individualism" all of a sudden.
    That's not just the question, because it's not a court of law. It's not the legal term of being guilty, and you are choosing to willingly associate and support terrible people. You did it to yourself.

"I'm not a Nazi, I just like the company of Nazis" is not really that good of a defense.