Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You do not just walk away from the burning of Teldrassil where hundreds of innocent civilians die and among other things to get a redemption story a few years later. Thats just...absurd.
    To clarify, redemption in the eyes of the Horde; not Alliance. Goes back to tenuous peace because she was doing it "for the greater good", then they respark the faction far in 2-3 expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    Idk if I'd love this or hate it: Bolvar raises Saurfang as a death knight

doubt it would happen but I found his death to be unsatisfying
    Yeah I don´t think so, Saurfang was almost suicidal all the expansion because we wanted to die and be with his killed son.

Idk if I'd love this or hate it: Bolvar raises Saurfang as a death knight

doubt it would happen but I found his death to be unsatisfying
    Only DK I wanted was Tirion. They double did my boy dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen of Lordaeron View Post
    Breaking it down piece-by-piece, there's a lot going on that matches current lore which hadn't been available yet (albeit predictable lore).
    No, it doesn't. Most of it contradicts what we know. Old Gods aren't friends, N'zoth was just defeated, Yogg and C'thun are nowhere to be seen. Based on that story, the expansion would be over before it even starts.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, it doesn't. Most of it contradicts what we know. Old Gods aren't friends, N'zoth was just defeated, Yogg and C'thun are nowhere to be seen. Based on that story, the expansion would be over before it even starts.
    I went into speculation on that a while back, should've edited it into the first post.

Essentially, it could've been Xal'atath's plan to grow in power since she's the one who ensured the dagger would be in a place where it could stop N'zoth.

To clarify, redemption in the eyes of the Horde; not Alliance. Goes back to tenuous peace because she was doing it "for the greater good", then they respark the faction far in 2-3 expansions.
    That alone would be reason not to do it. Faction war stories never go anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

I went into speculation on that a while back, should've edited it into the first post.

Essentially, it could've been Xal'atath's plan to grow in power since she's the one who ensured the dagger would be in a place where it could stop N'zoth.
    No, that would be N'zoth. Which is why that whole dagger thing is so iffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    yeah but thats because blizzard is incompetent and many other things go nowhere aswell
    No, it's mostly because they can't ever let either faction have any decisive victories or the community would riot.

I really haven't been caught up or following all the leaks over the number of months.

Basically the only two things that we can really safely assume is that it's going to be Shadowlands with Bolvar being a key character, yeah? Is there really any "leak" that people have confidence in?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    From what I understand its a combination of WA updating their twitter location to "New Tinkertown" and a streamer trying to sell the old Shadowlands leak with Tinker in it.

So nothing but speculation.
    So nothing official then.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

They did many things where community rioted, they dont do it because they are incompetent and dont understand their own game
    ...and then walked back on those things. See No Flying and RealID.

That alone would be reason not to do it. Faction war stories never go anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

No, that would be N'zoth. Which is why that whole dagger thing is so iffy.
    I know the "faction barriers being dissolved" thing is popular, but I'm not sold on them being done with the faction war.

Also, to clarify, I'm saying Xal'atath planned it from the beginning so that we would kill her rival, N'zoth, and leave the Black Empire for her to control.

Far-fetched? Sure. That's what speculation threads are for though!

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of power, with the Dragon Flame and Bolvar´s Paladin powers, does the LK is now more powerful than when he was in/with Arthas?

Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    Still not convinced. Have you ever seen depictions of Tartarus? It's nothing like the picture in the ad, not to mention the ad hasn't been proven to be real. The description isn't even that detailed. Anything Greek inspired would match that description. Then there's mention of Ethereals which are those glowing mummies. They'd have no business in the Shadowlands as far as I know. Then there are other problems.
    Ethereals have a stake against the void, so showing up to fight them wouldn't be an unreasonable expectation.

I have seen depictions of Tartarus, but Blizzard always tries to put diversity into any continent they create. Pre-Wrath, Northrend was basically always depicted as a frozen wasteland, pre-BC, Outland was depicted as being Hellfire Peninsula. They'd add variance to any concept if they had to stretch it across multiple zones.

No, it's mostly because they can't ever let either faction have any decisive victories or the community would riot.
    It's also the reason WC3 had more depth than WoW lore. Neither faction ever manages substantial gain over the other, and they both always beat the next biggest bad guy.

...and then walked back on those things. See No Flying and RealID.
    How exactly did they go back on RealID?

while nothing is impossible im not sure if blizzard is gonna throw away one of the last unique things to their mmo just because of some forum fanfic of 3rdfaction/united races
    That would be another way to frame my argument, yes.

Ethereals have a stake against the void, so showing up to fight them wouldn't be an unreasonable expectation.

I have seen depictions of Tartarus, but Blizzard always tries to put diversity into any continent they create. Pre-Wrath, Northrend was basically always depicted as a frozen wasteland, pre-BC, Outland was depicted as being Hellfire Peninsula. They'd add variance to any concept if they had to stretch it across multiple zones.
    Except if we're in the Shadowlands we won't be dealing with the void. There are too many faults in that leak that others have pointed out.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow let it release first lmao. I think he means portals for the parts that aren't physically connected. If it's like outlands, imagine a slab of land floating, then 30 foot up is another part of the land, you'd need a portal or something. That doesn't sound bad, it's probably for small gaps if real.
    Even then I have concerns. I don't want us to get an expansion that feels like LFG The Continent. Where it's half hour content chunks stitched awkwardly together. And that's what that sounds like to me.

Of course being at work at the time this leak may be debunked by now but just wanted to expand on why an all portals expansion will send me running to the warm embrace of zone based games.

- - - Updated - - -

.... Okay as the late great Vince Lombardi said. What the hell's going on out here?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    Except if we're in the Shadowlands we won't be dealing with the void. There are too many faults in that leak that others have pointed out.
    We will be spending min a year in nyalotha so they might be scared ppl will get sick of void stuff for a while after bfa. I don't get how you think it isn't shadowlands when everything points at it being correct.

Problem with that is the assumption that there's any Void to fight. So far we have no reason to believe so.