5+ Year Old Account
    Nathanos bites the dust. Nice.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, somewhere in this PTR we have strong hint for 9.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Darillyn View Post
    Yeah at this point what they show at Blizzcon is going to make or break whether I return to WoW.
    Sure buddy. You all sound so dramatic, then return anyway, then quit after few months, then "next expac is make it or break for sure this time" ;D
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2019-10-07 at 09:12 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Ok, somewhere in this PTR we have strong hint for 9.0.

Sure buddy. You all sound so dramatic, then return anyway, then quit after few months, then "next expac is make it or break for sure this time" ;D
    There's better gamed than Wow now. If 9.0 isn't better we can play those games.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    There's better gamed than Wow now. If 9.0 isn't better we can play those games.
    There's always been other games that are better for some people because they prefer X, Y, or Z. Whether a game is good or bad isn't really an objective thing you can measure.

But the WoW community is the only one I've seen where there's a significant population that stick around after they allegedly quit just to remind people that they quit and are playing some other, better game unless Blizzard bends to their whims. It's weird and comes off as obsessive if they are telling the truth. Either that or they haven't actually quit and are just being whiny on forums. Either is possible, tbh
    Last edited by TomatoBisque; 2019-10-07 at 10:20 PM.

my prediction is that N'Zoth somehow "wins" in 8.3 (or at least doesnt get defeated outright .. see datamined title, Servant of Nzoth), 9.0 is semi-Black Empire and Azshara (who is freed and abandons NZoth) + Sylvanas (and their naga/death forces) will help push NZoths forces back in 9.0+ (out of their own agendas of course)

PH Void Dragon Mount
    I need this !

Quote Originally Posted by Darillyn View Post
    Yeah at this point what they show at Blizzcon is going to make or break whether I return to WoW.
    Literally no one cares man. You don't need to voice that you are returning or leaving wow
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    my prediction is that N'Zoth somehow "wins" in 8.3 (or at least doesnt get defeated outright .. see datamined title, Servant of Nzoth), 9.0 is semi-Black Empire and Azshara (who is freed and abandons NZoth) + Sylvanas (and their naga/death forces) will help push NZoths forces back in 9.0+ (out of their own agendas of course)

I need this !
    That Servant of N'Zoth seems to be a warmode bounty hunter thing with enough kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Nathanos bites the dust. Nice.
    Say what now? That would actually be fcking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    Say what now? That would actually be fcking awesome.
    Seems to be in a dream.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Seems to be in a dream.
    Yeah just read everything datamined so far.
    Sad life.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I'm not going to go back through however many pages to when the Virtual Ticket was announced, but something about the yeti onesie description caught my eye: "bundle up for your next trip to the icy north with...", maybe paraphrasing a bit, idr

Do we think this might be hinting at a return to Northrend? A great big Northrend / Old World shitting on rework?

Copied from my own, and in hindsight unneeded, thread:

We often see things in X.3 that seem to foreshadow mechanics and stuff in the following expansion eg like the the Netherlight Crucible being sort of similar to Azerite armour.

Anyway the Horrific Visions show a alternative version of a location, namely Stormwind and Orgrimmar, but under the control of Nzoth. Since most signs point to a death expasion being next I was thinking we might see a similar idea used for the Shadowlands. Rather then enter Nzoth vision of Stormwind we enter the Shadowlands version of an area. This could be used as a new island like system in 9.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Copied from my own, and in hindsight unneeded, thread:

We often see things in X.3 that seem to foreshadow mechanics and stuff in the following expansion eg like the the Netherlight Crucible being sort of similar to Azerite armour.

Anyway the Horrific Visions show a alternative version of a location, namely Stormwind and Orgrimmar, but under the control of Nzoth. Since most signs point to a death expasion being next I was thinking we might see a similar idea used for the Shadowlands. Rather then enter Nzoth vision of Stormwind we enter the Shadowlands version of an area. This could be used as a new island like system in 9.0.
    Dragon Isles setting, Shadowland Excursions as the new Islands, Necromancer new class, World Revamp. It's starting to coagulate in my mind.

Dragon Isles setting, Shadowland Excursions as the new Islands, Necromancer new class, World Revamp. It's starting to coagulate in my mind.
    I could see that. Need a strong thematic link between the Dragon Isles and Death mind you. Unless its just infinite Frostwyrms

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see that. Need a strong thematic link between the Dragon Isles and Death mind you. Unless its just infinite Frostwyrms
    In my head I'm thinking Alexstraza is the link. And that the Dragon Isles is just one part of a larger story, like the BFA continents were. Sylvanas acting as Death VS Alexstraza the Lifebinder.

In my head I'm thinking Alexstraza is the link. And that the Dragon Isles is just one part of a larger story, like the BFA continents were. Sylvanas acting as Death VS Alexstraza the Lifebinder.
    Plus you can get some Lich King drama in there. Its Alex's magic that made him crispy after all.

Alex as a Undead Wyrm could make for an interesting Raid

10+ Year Old Account
    Plus you can get some Lich King drama in there. Its Alex's magic that made him crispy after all.

Alex as a Undead Wyrm could make for an interesting Raid
    Man I didn't even think of that connection. I was just thinking connect it to Northrend because Sylvanas wants to kill Bolvar as one of her master's rivals.

Man I didn't even think of that connection. I was just thinking connect it to Northrend because Sylvanas wants to kill Bolvar as one of her master's rivals.
    You've convinced me. New theory Slyvannas wants to kill Alex for some reason. Ethier weaken Lich King via some magical reason, she somehow linked to life at large or just a kick ass death wyrm to add to her arsenal

7+ Year Old Account
    everything s point towards world revamp, and maybe a timeskip, it would be a tremendous missed oportunity if they don't do it.

WE NEED at least new starting areas, this shit is so much confuse and nonsensical.

And with almost all lelderhsip being replaced/changed/fixed, its the perfect oportunity.
    [spoilers] i guess:

Orcs now got thrall
    Trolls got Rokhan
    Goblins got Gazloew
    Forsaken got Calia or a duo with her and Voss.
    Night elves got to live in hyjal and having Shandris since Tryande is off in her revenge

what i see is 9.0 being the old world revamp, with new intro scenarios, especially for the horde since they don't have warhcief anymore.

Just like in cata the new forsaken were raised by the vlakyr, now they will be redeemed by Calia and/or raised by voss/calia or someone else, leading to the 9.0 allied race "lighforged undead" probably like derek/naathanos but with light features.

10+ Year Old Account
    So if we go with the idea that the Night Elves move their starting zone to Hyjal, where do you think the Forsaken set up shop? I'd guess not Tirisfal. Andorhol? Southshore? Alterac?