5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Here is the thing, tinker tech is not all tech. It's a specific subgroup. What Draenei do is not really tinker tech. Heck Iron Horde technology is too stable to be tinker tech either even if it originated on a goblin.
    Well if we still go by Awakening, it isn't Tinker. It is Mechanic. Gnome Mechanics can be tinkers, but that's just their thing.

Same was Tauren Paladins worship the Sun God, Worgen Druids are harvest witches and Zandalari druidism is:

Last edited by Wangming; 2019-08-01 at 06:33 PM.

Heck Iron Horde technology is too stable to be tinker tech either even if it originated on a goblin.
    What the hell is "tinker tech"? Goblin and Gnomish engineering? This is why they'd change the name to get around dumb fanon that only GOOFY WACKY EXPLOSIONS are allowed from anyone using technology in combat.

7+ Year Old Account
    Here is the thing, tinker tech is not all tech. It's a specific subgroup. What Draenei do is not really tinker tech. Heck Iron Horde technology is too stable to be tinker tech either even if it originated on a goblin.
    We're discussing if it was a more broad engineer class and not just gnomish and goblin tinkering, thats what the suggestions are for.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    I have a good feeling about this one tbh. I haven't felt this decent about an expansion announcement at any other time than Legion, which we all knew had to be GOD tier to save WoD. i'll never forget how insanely excited I felt the day I saw the legion announcement, that's still probably the most exciting day in wow history.

I think 9.0 is really boutta do it.
    You know, I actually considered coming back to WoW in Legion. But the pruned classes changed my mind.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They'd get a lot of flak for it but if they do expand Tinker into a larger class with Tinker as a spec, I'd honestly rather they just steal the name "Machinist." Sums it up better than "Mechanic."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    They'd get a lot of flak for it but if they do expand Tinker into a larger class with Tinker as a spec, I'd honestly rather they just steal the name "Machinist." Sums it up better than "Mechanic."
    New class must sell new expansion. It would be stupid to make "Machinist" class when "Tinker" is well known with community and on many people's wishlist every 4 years.

I have a good feeling about this one tbh. I haven't felt this decent about an expansion announcement at any other time than Legion, which we all knew had to be GOD tier to save WoD. i'll never forget how insanely excited I felt the day I saw the legion announcement, that's still probably the most exciting day in wow history.

I think 9.0 is really boutta do it.
    Meh.. They’ll to flak out:

World Revamp
    Level revamp
    New class
    New races
    YUGE Lore fan service
    Awesome as hell cgi cinematic
    Bring back the Warcraft feel
    No cash grabs ex. Cash shop. Lootboxes Activision BS

Etc

- - - Updated - - -

nah, Legion is a contender for the greatest achievement i've seen in gaming. it was an absolute masterclass from start to finish, simply stellar in every way.
    I agree. I was sad it ended. It is the best expansion. MoP seconded and WotLK third
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    New class must sell new expansion. It would be stupid to make "Machinist" class when "Tinker" is well known with community and on many people's wishlist every 4 years.
    People keep saying this as if this exact scenario didn't already happen with Brewmaster.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    nah, Legion is a contender for the greatest achievement i've seen in gaming. it was an absolute masterclass from start to finish, simply stellar in every way.
    i agree that legion was an amazing expansion, but calling it "the greatest achievement in gaming" is quite a stretch.

Formerly known as Arafal

I love how people have some kind of idea that Tinker fans have WoW's fate in their hands.

The amount of hyperbole opinions some people on these forums has today is honestly embarrasing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    i agree that legion was an amazing expansion, but calling it "the greatest achievement in gaming" is quite a stretch.
    This forum shits on anything. I think Legion was pretty good to but greatest gaming achievement? Nice sentiment but me thinks not. Sometimes great is all you need. If they are going with the artifact item route(Honestly I prefer they don't do it again, one kinda thing).

I don't know if I can put it above MoP. I just...I don't know.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Legion wasn’t even WoW’s best expansion so... there’s that.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    How are draenei a maybe? They dabble in technology more than gnomes and goblins. They built spaceships ffs

A: Gnome, Draenei, LF Draenei
    H: Goblin, Orc, Mag'har Orc

Nice split of 3 on either side, and makes sense
    Why did you leave dark irons out? They use machines all the time. Even Kelsey links them to machines.
    About draenei, it depends on what contitutes tinker tech. Draenei tech seems more magical and less mechanical in nature.
    Whatever...

Somebody else in here wanting attunement quests for raids back? I miss them. I really do. They’ve been a chore sometimes but I have great memories doing them in Vanilla and TBC. I really want them back as very long, difficult and challenging questlines.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Why did you leave dark irons out? They use machines all the time. Even Kelsey links them to machines.
    About draenei, it depends on what contitutes tinker tech. Draenei tech seems more magical and less mechanical in nature.
    I'd like to see the class being like Wraithguards or Dreadnoughts; that would let Blood Elves field Arcane Guardians as their 'Tinkers' with magic-themed ability reskins, and Lightforged would have their Warframes and the Light. Standard Draenei have all sorts of crystal shit, orcs could field an elemental-powered Killa Kan.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I'd like to see the class being like Wraithguards or Dreadnoughts; that would let Blood Elves field Arcane Guardians as their 'Tinkers' with magic-themed ability reskins, and Lightforged would have their Warframes and the Light. Standard Draenei have all sorts of crystal shit, orcs could field an elemental-powered Killa Kan.
    I'd prefer to keep it confined to the mechanical-savy races.
    Not only is unlikely that Blizzard would make whole different effects for different classes (imagine a Missile-Launcher skill. Would draenei, orcs, blood elves each have a different weapon and a unique projectile?), but I also think that races that excel in the mechanical skills are very underrepresented in gameplay right now. I see no reason to give blood elves, already a very popular race, yet another class that has very little to do with their essential lore.

It's time for gnomes, goblins and others to shine.
    Whatever...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Legion wasn’t even WoW’s best expansion so... there’s that.
    That's subjective.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I'd prefer to keep it confined to the mechanical-savy races.
    Not only is unlikely that Blizzard would make whole different effects for different classes (imagine a Missile-Launcher skill. Would draenei, orcs, blood elves each have a different weapon and a unique projectile?), but I also think that races that excel in the mechanical skills are very underrepresented in gameplay right now. I see no reason to give blood elves, already a very popular race, yet another class that has very little to do with their essential lore.

It's time for gnomes, goblins and others to shine.
    I'd expect goblins to have a reskin anyway, to account for the fact that they're known for alchemy as well as engineering.

But some of it you can do without reskins anyway, or at least without much of one; for example, the difference between a flamethrower and a Continual Flame spell.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

5+ Year Old Account
    Whoah there. I get it that you haven't played much other MMOs, but every self respecting gamer would view this as an extreme hyperbole. Tone it down just a bit.
    Last edited by Wangming; 2019-08-01 at 09:02 PM.