People aren't going to be happy with a new expansion's story and setting until it shoots us into the future and everyone forgot about us, so we're just murderhobos again.

Which MIGHT be the 10.0 story (expecting Azeroth again, maybe timeskip due to Infinite shenanigans).

I personally feel that Shadowlands has a touch of Pandaria to it where we're fish out of water, but I know the "Maw Walker" thing will sour people.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    I mean portals to the twisting Nether or the great dark (not 100% sure which region argus is in) seem 'normal'. Whatever Slyvannas has done seems more universe fucky base purely how its shown.
    Illidan literally opened the way for Sargeras. He did that in good faith but that was more dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Because Illidan was trying to fight the Legion and Slyvanas is literally trying to kill everyone on the planet.
    Sylvanas wants to set us all free.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    By sending us all to the Maw, because "this world" (Azeroth) is a prison. To HER.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    People aren't going to be happy with a new expansion's story and setting until it shoots us into the future and everyone forgot about us, so we're just murderhobos again.

Which MIGHT be the 10.0 story (expecting Azeroth again, maybe timeskip due to Infinite shenanigans).

I personally feel that Shadowlands has a touch of Pandaria to it where we're fish out of water, but I know the "Maw Walker" thing will sour people.
    Well yeah, because it's stupid to be a "Maw Walker"

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    Pretty sad how these spastic video titles bring in so many idiots to watch.

I cant stand him anymore, he is just too editorial in his videos. He is just clickbaity and spreads news without checking his sources.

7+ Year Old Account
    By sending us all to the Maw, because "this world" (Azeroth) is a prison. To HER.
    Kinda sad that Sylvanas has become the personification of “a bitch scorned” yet in the most annoying direction.

And yet Blizzard are hyping it up as if it’s good (as in good to be so evil/‘bad bitch’), which is why so many of her fans are playing it up too.

It’s very cringe, but I think Blizzard knows it’s cringe by the statements of “you thought we’d kill Sylvanas!” “The jailer isn’t Sylvanas’s master because she has no master!”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Timewalker View Post
    Well yeah, because it's stupid to be a "Maw Walker"
    Being a "Maw Walker", 'because we're special and the only ones that can do it' - per Blizzard, also means it makes no sense to have Class/Race restrictions then.

Because that means we've always been special and transcend our race. Whereas they've said the reason classes are restricted because "it's based on the society of that race, and of course there's individual exceptions, but you're not one of them" (paraphrasing because that's not what they literally said, but meant).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Kinda sad that Sylvanas has become the personification of “a bitch scorned” yet in the most annoying direction.

And yet Blizzard are hyping it up as if it’s good (as in good to be so evil/‘bad bitch’), which is why so many of her fans are playing it up too.

It’s very cringe, but I think Blizzard knows it’s cringe by the statements of “you thought we’d kill Sylvanas!” “The jailer isn’t Sylvanas’s master because she has no master!”
    I think Blizzard knows how horrible a person Sylvie is. If they don't, well they are making them look like tone deaf fools that not even the worst real world dictators could ascend to. I do believe the statement that Sylvanas has no master, I think "serving" the Jailer is beneficial to her the most and when that changes, she may use the knowledge of the Shadowlands/Maw against him.

Doesn't mean that is how it will play out but Sylvanas is cunning(Not 4d chess, just knows when to play nice when need to).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

People are greatly overestimating Sylvanas's place in Shadowlands, based solely on the trailer. The only reason the Jailer isn't in the cinematic is because the mass majority of players don't care about new lore figures.

This is her last hoorah before she's "killed off" (in one way or another).

- - - Updated - - -

Being a "Maw Walker", 'because we're special and the only ones that can do it' - per Blizzard, also means it makes no sense to have Class/Race restrictions then.

Because that means we've always been special and transcend our race. Whereas they've said the reason classes are restricted because "it's based on the society of that race, and of course there's individual exceptions, but you're not one of them" (paraphrasing because that's not what they literally said, but meant).
    But it's because of the Heart of Azeroth, not the individual person using it.

Illidan literally opened the way for Sargeras. He did that in good faith but that was more dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

From life... like, seriously. That's literally the line in a horror film, before the psycho skins you.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

7+ Year Old Account
    People are greatly overestimating Sylvanas's place in Shadowlands, based solely on the trailer. The only reason the Jailer isn't in the cinematic is because the mass majority of players don't care about new lore figures.

This is her last hoorah before she's "killed off" (in one way or another).
    We've already been told that in Shadowlands we're going to learn about how all this Sylvanas working with the Jailor came to be. So I don't think it's greatly overestimating, it's just done in a very obnoxious way that I'm sure the developers know it is obnoxious precisely because that's how they want it to be.

I'm just saying it's sad because it's making her fans be really cringe, because Blizzard are basically perpetuating them to be so.

We've already been told that in Shadowlands we're going to learn about how all this Sylvanas working with the Jailor came to be. So I don't think it's greatly overestimating, it's just done in a very obnoxious way that I'm sure the developers know it is obnoxious precisely because that's how they want it to be.

I'm just saying it's sad because it's making her fans be really cringe, because Blizzard are basically perpetuating them to be so.
    Why not? They learned better after Garrosh: let the fans of evil characters be annoying, said evil characters are still going to get killed off.

If Sylvanas fans have one last summer of her being alive why can't they have it?

7+ Year Old Account
    But it's because of the Heart of Azeroth, not the individual person using it.
    I don't think they've said we can "maw walk" because of our HoA. They've just said 'you're special so you can go into the Maw unlike the other SL denizens'.

They've also said our HoA doesn't work in Shadowlands so I'm not sure how it is the reason allowing us to be Maw Walkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not? They learned better after Garrosh: let the fans of evil characters be annoying, said evil characters are still going to get killed off.

If Sylvanas fans have one last summer of her being alive why can't they have it?
    ...I don't think some of them learned...maybe most but some...still think Garrosh did no wrong but lets focus on Shadowlands.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I don't think they've said we can "maw walk" because of our HoA. They've just said 'you're special so you can go into the Maw unlike the other SL denizens'.

They've also said our HoA doesn't work in Shadowlands so I'm not sure how it is the reason allowing us to be Maw Walkers.
    They've confirmed the reason that you don't permadie in the Shadowlands is because you have a "tie" to Azeroth. Considering the HoA can still go with you, but is dormant due to distance from Azeroth, I'm assuming that said tie is related to the Heart and your being a Champion of Azeroth (whether you like it or not).

7+ Year Old Account

It's not they can't have it, it's just obnoxious. Have you seen some of the posts? It's almost akin to trying to rationalize an abusive relationship. Some people are getting really weird over it. It's just weird to perpetuate that behavior.

And the creepy looking disheveled guy in the rickety van just wants to give me some candy.

7+ Year Old Account
    They've confirmed the reason that you don't permadie in the Shadowlands is because you have a "tie" to Azeroth. Considering the HoA can still go with you, but is dormant due to distance from Azeroth, I'm assuming that said tie is related to the Heart and your being a Champion of Azeroth (whether you like it or not).
    You don't permadie because "Azeroth still needs you" that's very different from "your Heart of Azeroth is allowing you to Maw Walk". It's not related to the HoA itself.

Azeroth herself is literally the one allowing us to revive because she still has use of us. HoA is useless in SL beyond being used for old content.

It's not they can't have it, it's just obnoxious. Have you seen some of the posts? It's almost akin to trying to rationalize an abusive relationship. Some people are getting really weird over it. It's just weird to perpetuate that behavior.
    Saving confirmation that Sylvanas is a raid boss isn't Blizzard enabling people to be abusive or mean, it just means that they want to drip feed news and are much more aware that a good portion of fans genuinely like playing evil characters/enjoy evil characters. Azshara and N'Zoth anyone?

When you start being concerned for other people's mortality it's time to take a walk away from the keyboard. VIDEO GAME.

7+ Year Old Account
    Saving confirmation that Sylvanas is a raid boss isn't Blizzard enabling people to be abusive or mean, it just means that they want to drip feed news and are much more aware that a good portion of fans genuinely like playing evil characters/enjoy evil characters. Azshara and N'Zoth anyone?
    Never said they have to confirm she's a raid boss. I'm saying a couple comments they've made allows them to perpetuate the cringe behavior. They never made it cringe to want to follow Azshara/N'zoth.

I think that's actually a good comparison with to see how cringe it is with Sylvanas's propping up by Blizzard.
    When you start being concerned for other people's mortality it's time to take a walk away from the keyboard. VIDEO GAME.
    Not concerned at all, it's just very cringe. Feels like you're being awfully defensive about my thoughts on the matter.

I do think they said that the HoA is the reason we can get out at all. Because when we and the other heroes of Azeroth (who don't have a HoA, like the NPCs that accompany us) cross over there, we are all going to the maw, no matter who anbody is and no matter if you're dead or not. Maw it is. But the ones that have the HoA can get out and work to later rescue everyone else from the maw who crossed over with us (which will be the point of the campaign, iirc)