knowing expansions later start one way just to finish with a different theme entirely( wod -crazy orcs>legion, legion -Legion>Crazy titans, bfa -Faction war>N'zoth) can we believe this could happen with shadowlands as well, what are your toughs about what theme shadowlands would end up?

death then void lords? dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by Georg Von Vitzthum View Post
    knowing expansions later start one way just to finish with a different theme entirely( wod -crazy orcs>legion, legion -Legion>Crazy titans, bfa -Faction war>N'zoth) can we believe this could happen with shadowlands as well, what are your toughs about what theme shadowlands would end up?

death then void lords? dragons?
    Expansions actually very rarely change midway, and even then it is usually because of a plot development that made sense.

WotLK started and ended with Scourge.
    Cata started and ended with Deathwing.
    MoP started with faction war and ended with faction war/old gods
    WoD started with Iron Horde and ended with Fel Horde
    Legion started and ended with Burning Legion, just with the tiniest of detours to the broader titan theme.

BfA is really the only expansion that has an end of expansion storyline that is not the direct result of whatever story started it. And i very much think that is not something that is going to be going forward.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Expansions actually very rarely change midway, and even then it is usually because of a plot development that made sense..
    but since wod is changing, making sense in development or not, thats my point, assuming this is a pattern now(3 in a row) what change can we expect this time?

WoD started with Iron Horde and ended with Fel Horde
    started with orcs ended with demons

Legion started and ended with Burning Legion, just with the tiniest of detours to the broader titan theme.
    Started with Demons in azeroth ended with titans in argus

We can expect shadowlands start with this theme, then later change for something else

10+ Year Old Account
    This is depressing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orcs that decided to chose demon blood and free Draenor and the orcs on there). Still kinda the same, you wording it differently doesn't really change. To answer your question, it all depends on how the narrative unfolds in Shadowlands. I suspect the Jailer might get free of his chains and POSSIBLY he attempts something on Azeroth.

Big IF
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-03-11 at 06:08 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Just give me some news to get rid of the boring situation

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Orcs that decided to chose demon blood and free Draenor and the orcs on there). Still kinda the same, you wording it differently doesn't really change.
    im not wording different, its revolved around the demons coming and corrupting the iron horde, it was not just about crazy orcs anymore, the very final boss is lord Archimonde not a demon blood orc

i would turn the statement to you, just because there is orcs there doesn't mean its the same thing

but since wod is changing, making sense in development or not, thats my point, assuming this is a pattern now(3 in a row) what change can we expect this time?

Started with Demons in azeroth ended with titans in argus

We can expect shadowlands start with this theme, then later change for something else
    WoD started with Orcs rejecting demon blood and ended with Orcs accepting demon blood. Even without that the important part is that the demon theme of 6.2 was directly connected with the general orc theme of the first half.

Legion certainly didnt end with Titans in the way you are thinking. You were still fighting the burning legion, it just turned out that Argus was a titan world soul planet, and that Sargeras was using it to fuel the demon regeneration. Even without that, the entire last patch was demon themed, and the raid only sort of pivoted to a titan theme for the last 2 bosses, both of which were directly stated to be beneath Sargeras in his burning legion army.

Regardless. The point is more that no expansion until BfA has completely abandoned its starting theme by the end. At most some of them just slightly change.
    I can totally see Shadowlands doing the same thing in that regard, i am a firm believer that the final raid of Shadowlands will not take place in the Shadowlands, and it could easily be a case of void lords returning be the root cause of that, or Sylvanas ressurecting Galakrond or something. What i am more interested in is how the story will get ot that point.

Or the story could abandon the death theme and be entirely about dragons on the Dragon isles, just to fuck with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your beloved god Towelliie is streaming, "Alphaland gossip".

im not wording different, its revolved around the demons coming and corrupting the iron horde, it was not just about crazy orcs anymore, the very final boss is lord Archimonde not a demon blood orc

i would turn the statement to you, just because there is orcs there doesn't mean its the same thing
    The important twist in WoD that makes it a direct continuation though is the 6.1 cinematic of Gul'dan making the Iron Horde drink the demon blood while Grom has to watch. It solidifies the overarching theme of history repeating itself running through WoD to see Grom be unable to stop his people going down the same path he tried to avoid.
    Besides, the person summoning Archimonde is Gul'dan, which places him as the actual antagonist of WoD, since he is directly responsible for pretty much everything that happens in 6.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Your beloved god Towelliie is streaming, "Alphaland gossip".
    That's a re-run, friendo.
    Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will. That allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spices View Post
    That's a re-run, friendo.
    a rerun? Mayhaps a summit is happening?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Just gonna say this: BFA alpha launched 2 weeks after antorus LFR wing 4
    This is kinda why I think the clock is finally ticking on a public alpha. Until yesterday there was still new "content" coming in the last patch. We now have all the content available so the content gap officially started. So pretty expected they wait for after that to drop it. I also don't expect to see it this week to give people a chance to do the new stuff. I think in the next week or so a datamineable thing should start popping up and then a playable version following that.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    a rerun? Mayhaps a summit is happening?
    Nah Toweliee always runs reruns.

Delayed because of Coronavirus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    WoD started with Orcs rejecting demon blood and ended with Orcs accepting demon blood. Even without that the important part is that the demon theme of 6.2 was directly connected with the general orc theme of the first half.
    you are oversimplifying things

the theme of wod was iron horde, crazy mechanized orcs, they were the enemy, their tecnology and warfare

it went all yolo to be just like we had before, no unique thing whatsoever, and end up the focus being the burning Legion, controlling then, so Legion expansion could happen, it didn't end with the theme it started like wtlk with the scourge

Legion certainly didnt end with Titans in the way you are thinking. You were still fighting the burning legion
    The burning Legion is the faction of demons leaded by sargeras attacked Azeroth, that was the start.

You end up in Argus, with more titan lore than demons, the last bosses are titans or freeing then, Sargeras was never a thing in the entire expansion until the late cinematic and a Titan is the final boss

That my point, what if shadowlands start a way but end up just like those previous expansions, with something different just related or barely related? is a possibility

maybe the Jailed will be the last boss, like the LK was, or maybe, this is all facade for some "awesome plot-twist" that lead to something else, just related with shadowlands that will connect next expansion

I can totally see Shadowlands doing the same thing in that regard, i am a firm believer that the final raid of Shadowlands will not take place in the Shadowlands, and it could easily be a case of void lords returning be the root cause of that, or Sylvanas ressurecting Galakrond or something. What i am more interested in is how the story will get ot that point.

Or the story could abandon the death theme and be entirely about dragons on the Dragon isles, just to fuck with me.
    thats what im saying, it is a possibility

it could b that Sylvanas was the good guy all along, doing everything to save us all, and redeem herself and the enemy is something we never knewTM

10+ Year Old Account
    it could b that Sylvanas was the good guy all along

Fucking stop with this, thats justifying genocide, no fuck off with this nonsense. Don't even start with "Why so hostile" That kind of "twist" just makes it look like "WELP GENOCIDE IS A OK GUYS"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    I bet you if someone (pref semi-notable) made a big stink up about the Alpha/any info not being here yet on r/WoW, it would probably force them to respond to it. WoW team loves their precious r/wow reddit audience, and doesn't want to see themselves tarnished there.
    Doubt that. Even the subreddit has had posts about wanting SL alpha information with a decent chunk of engagement in the threads but still not a peep.

It is definitely happening this month but they're taking their sweet time with it T_T, at least only 9 more days till I can stop caring!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Fucking stop with this, thats justifying genocide, no fuck off with this nonsense. Don't even start with "Why so hostile" That kind of "twist" just makes it look like "WELP GENOCIDE IS A OK GUYS"
    they already did that with kerrigan in starcraft no? are you surprised they could do again, knowing the writers love her and think she is like the personification of warcraft lore?

10+ Year Old Account
    they already did that with kerrigan in starcraft no? are you surprised they could do again, knowing the writers love her and think she is like the personification of warcraft lore?
    Sylvanas isn't the personification of Warcraft lore, neither is Kerrigan to Starcraft.

Warrior-Magi