Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    what do you consider too spoily?
    Maybe something lore related, especially in regards to the pre-SL novel, regarding Sylvanas' attempt to assassinate Bwonsamdi.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has great opportunity to launch it 1st April. Don't screw this chance Ion, trolling from people from/close to Blizzard would be glorious that day.

3+ Year Old Account
    what do you consider too spoily?
    Sylvanas being a raid boss and dying/becoming the Jailer?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I really doubt they have the Maw ready yet so spoilering that Sylvanas becomes the Jailer is out of question at the moment.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I really doubt they have the Maw ready yet so spoilering that Sylvanas becomes the Jailer is out of question at the moment.
    Could be something similar to Azshara, where we get a new model along with voicelines. Doesn't necessarily have to be for a raid.

- - - Updated - - -

On the topic of discussion though, does anyone else feel like the choice to have 2 small continents instead of a big one contributed to the feeling of the endgame being lackluster? Specifically in the sense that Alliance rarely had a reason to go to Zandalar and vice versa meaning that the expansion felt smaller seeing as you mostly stuck to your own zones?

Specifically i wonder if the fact that you have to travel to your ship to teleport to the other continent created a disconnect between the two that made it difficult to consider them the same expansion. Which might be a similar problem currently being experienced with regards to Uldum and Vale.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

personally i believe that when alpha comes we will get a huuuuuuuuuuuuge info dump including but not limited to

the difficulties with the current situation
    the plan for influencerr feedback
    plans for the rest of BFA
    fun little stuff about the characters
    Where is the huge info dump in what you listed here? Everyone should be aware of the situation. Influencer feedback is part of the problem, not the solution. The rest of BfA had no plans a few weeks ago, and given the situation, likely will not get new plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Could be something similar to Azshara, where we get a new model along with voicelines. Doesn't necessarily have to be for a raid.

- - - Updated - - -

On the topic of discussion though, does anyone else feel like the choice to have 2 small continents instead of a big one contributed to the feeling of the endgame being lackluster? Specifically in the sense that Alliance rarely had a reason to go to Zandalar and vice versa meaning that the expansion felt smaller seeing as you mostly stuck to your own zones?

Specifically i wonder if the fact that you have to travel to your ship to teleport to the other continent created a disconnect between the two that made it difficult to consider them the same expansion. Which might be a similar problem currently being experienced with regards to Uldum and Vale.
    Well the main thing that I did not really like about the two split continents was the fact that if you were alliance then the first raid made absolutely no sense

I’m not sure about how do you horde interacted with the next to Raid’s but it’s just fucked me up man

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Where is the huge info dump in what you listed here? Everyone should be aware of the situation. Influencer feedback is part of the problem, not the solution. The rest of BfA had no plans a few weeks ago, and given the situation, likely will not get new plans.
    I mean as they said not limited to

As with every info dump you will get the new models some new gear the new abilities dungeon names boss names soul bind names

And I don’t see influencer feedback as a problem because when we say something in a thread we think of it from our point of you however a lot of influencers especially those close to blizzard think of it from not only their point of you but also the point of you of the audience

And I don’t see influencer feedback as a problem because when we say something in a thread we think of it from our point of view however a lot of influencers especially those close to blizzard think of it from not only their point of view but also the point of view of the audience

For example preach is a mythic later however I don’t think that he would want the game changed to cater to mythic Raiders where as little Billy on this forum would prefer that all lower Raid difficulties were removed
    Last edited by Revamp Man; 2020-03-24 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Bleeding Edge Minmaxers just need to wowflix and chill.
    Well that's one way to paraphrase "get effed"
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I'm definitely expecting a "There must always be a Jailer" moment.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Well the main thing that I did not really like about the two split continents was the fact that if you were alliance then the first raid made absolutely no sense

I’m not sure about how do you horde interacted with the next to Raid’s but it’s just fucked me up man

- - - Updated - - -

I mean as they said not limited to

As with every info dump you will get the new models some new gear the new abilities dungeon names boss names soul bind names
    The fact that Alliance never got any good explanation for what was going on in Uldir beyond a Brann dumping some barebones facts about what Uldir is in the Underrot dungeon is definitely not great, but i don't think that is amassive problem in the grand scheme of things, afterall, most players i have interracted with don't seem to care too much about what the story actually is. I am talking more specifically about the gameplay disconnect from having to travel between the 2 continents for single missions usually, instead of it feeling more interconnected.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I absolutely didn't like their approach of separating Horde and Alliance between two continents. But the biggest problem was imho the lack of a true endgame zone akin to Suramar. Nazjatar / Mechagon came almost one full year later which was way too late.

One of my biggest fears for Shadowlands is that all zones are separate and it's not a seamless open world anymore. This would basically kill the expansion for me. One thing WoW always got right was (open) world building.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

3+ Year Old Account
    Alpha is up

Quote Originally Posted by Timewalker View Post
    Alpha is up
    Do you want to qualify that statement in any way?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I absolutely didn't like their approach of separating Horde and Alliance between two continents. But the biggest problem was imho the lack of a true endgame zone akin to Suramar. Nazjatar / Mechagon came almost one full year later which was way too late.

One of my biggest fears for Shadowlands is that all zones are separate and it's not a seamless open world anymore. This would basically kill the expansion for me. One thing WoW always got right was (open) world building.
    I think that if the zones in Shadowlands work similar to how the zones on Argus work then it should be fine, separate zones are fine so long as you can easily travel ebtween them, as well as having several reason to go to different zones. What would be horrible however is if your choice of covenant makes you spend significantly more time in a single zone than others, making it so you only a one true zone to do quests in on the regular, and a whole bunch of other zones that are rarely shown.

I think that the devs intended for the opposite continent to be the endgame zone, they certainly pushed that quite hard with the war campaign, but unlike Suramar you rarely had a reason to stay in the zone beyond the occasional 7th Legion or Champions of Azeroth quest. Alliance sort of got the better deal with BoD in that regard, with it being as big a deal as Suramar, though lacking the proper buildup as you only had a very select few quests that actually gave you a reason to care about sieging that city.
    I still hold by my idea that the expansion would have been better if Siege of Undercity was moved to that spot instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Timewalker View Post
    Alpha is up
    Begone thot

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I'm guessing April 2nd.

Do you think they might do some kind of reveal stream blog post first, or should we not expect that?
    I would expect something cool the day of they never done before. But even then anything right now is ideas. COVID changed a lot of cool shit that would have happened. Media wise
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    I would expect something cool the day of they never done before. But even then anything right now is ideas. COVID changed a lot of cool shit that would have happened. Media wise
    The next step is will they try to do something similar to their plans like giving influencers access to the NDA alpha and give feedback or just drop it

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    The next step is will they try to do something similar to their plans like giving influencers access to the NDA alpha and give feedback or just drop it
    I don't really see the massive benefit from giving Streamers access to an NDA alpha, unless you mean specifically as part of an event with an Alpha reveal at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    As BfA and Legion didn't have a press event, the last one was WoD - which was a 100% repetition of the Blizzcon presentation, even including the never made it to alpha Shadowmoon introduction.

With how little time passed between announcement and a late february/early march event (including US holidays and 8.3 still on PTR), i'd really question the information content of a press event (unless they kept Blizzcon deliberately sparse - to talk half an hour about the leveling redesign...)

I don't really see the massive benefit from giving Streamers access to an NDA alpha, unless you mean specifically as part of an event with an Alpha reveal at the end.
    Unless they drastically change the content that is available (as in max level content early in testing, not the last thing to be available), it will be the same story as ever - feedback on questing/leveling content, that unless a full jade forest happens, won't have much on an impact.

Class changes are some of the most important topics, but at least the Blizzcon talk made it feel like they completely missed the mark on that. Unpruning, at least with what they've shown, does not fix any of the class feedback provided during all of BfA (testing). And if we're once more carried by class effects on legendaries, and maybe some behind covenant abilities and soulbinds, then leveling testing will be mostly useless for class feedback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't looked at this thread in a while as the virus situation is taking up most of my time at the moment. I wonder if we'll get anything this week?

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Haven't looked at this thread in a while as the virus situation is taking up most of my time at the moment. I wonder if we'll get anything this week?
    I doubt it; my employer is likely one of countless trying and failing to get enough laptops so everyone can work from home.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton