Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    There is no connection other then pessimism.
    Well yeah. And so far that seems to be steering correct. Don't get me wrong Aeluron. Love the game and you. But I think a bit of pessimism is way more than warranted at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I've been talking with streamers for many years and some of them definitely do have a direct link with Blizzard and get told stuff purely for them to tease people with to keep the hypetrain fueled. It really is that simple.

In the case of Shadowlands Alpha however, the internal target has been moved several times already (due to various reasons, COVID-19/working from home being one of them) which is why streamers/people in the know "keep moving the goalposts". Simply because Blizzard is as well.

With what we've seen recently (Alpha/Beta servers coming back up/more encrypted 9.0 pushes/more confident teases from people in the know) I feel like they recently hit a good milestone (stable-ish client? wider internal testing?) and that we'll see a client drop in the next week or so.
    About sh*tting time. It's been ten thousand years...
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

Everything's looking good for a release within a week. Let's not start eating each other now, folks.

@Hack-Attack That was indeed new info to me. I'm guessing she may be talking about the cover of the book.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2020-04-03 at 02:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope datamining is Monday or Tuesday. I have to work Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Right, because glyphs & covenants are things they'll actually add to the game & class skins are not. The more you add purely cosmetic elements that have zero weight on the actual game being played the less it feels impactful. It's the entire reason people wanted classic so bad.
    You need to talk to other people more. Many people care a great deal about cosmetics.

You don't even know what you want: New lore based abilities & Animations? Covenants have those. They could add void Paladins but they wouldn't call it a class skin. They'd just call it the "tome of whatever"
    I know exactly what i want: The ability to customise the look and feel of my character by changing spell and ability visuals on a spec/class-wide level. Covenants do not provide this in any way. They give you two specific additional abilities, but do not modify your existing ones' visuals.

What they ultimately call that system, i don't care.

Maybe you should actually read up on what's being talked about before trying to talk it down. You're not even shooting in the right direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Everything's looking good for a release within a week. Let's not start eating each other now, folks.

@Hack-Attack That was indeed new info to me. I'm guessing she may be talking about the cover of the book.
    I doubt she knows anything about release dates. Though if she is that excited about a cover to post about it then that must a fantastic cover. Maybe she saw a story board of in game cinematic that was cool.
    Last edited by GhostPanini; 2020-04-03 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I hope datamining is Monday or Tuesday. I have to work Wednesday.
    Datamining a brand new expac from scratch usually takes hours and runs overnight if it's an evening build because there's a lot of information to compile. If it's Tuesday, it's gonna lead to Wednesday torture. :P

Alright... My final bet is next week as well...
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Datamining a brand new expac from scratch usually takes hours and runs overnight if it's an evening build because there's a lot of information to compile. If it's Tuesday, it's gonna lead to Wednesday torture. :P

Nooo. I didn't think of that.

Towelliee simultaneous knows everything and nothing about the Alpha.

Schrödinger's Towel

This is the first alpha for some people here, clearly. They don't wait till they've datamined the whole patch before they start posting assets & dialog online.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You need to talk to other people more. Many people care a great deal about cosmetics.
    What they ultimately call that system, i don't care.
    In other words. Glyphs. Like I said. They're going to let you make a blood elf with dark ranger skin colors & roll a hunter because that's what a dark ranger is. People are going to still going to ask for a "dark ranger class skin" & they're going to say we already did, peasant.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    he's too powerful to be ignored
    About time someone posted this on this forum. shut up and take my friend request

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Is this true or just made up?
    I tried to make it sound as ridiculous as possible, yet people treat me seriously. This shows how disappointed the community is with lack of new class.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I hear more and more rumors that Alpha is next week. In that case launch same day as datamining is very likely. After all they did it in 8.3 PTR. I hope we will hear something from Ion as well.

Old abilities back...... Brilliant. They can just remove abilities for an expansion or two, then add them back again and pretend like they did something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    This is the first alpha for some people here, clearly. They don't wait till they've datamined the whole patch before they start posting assets & dialog online.
    Certainly not, but they take a very, very long time to put up most of it when it's the first (non-encrypted) build of a new expansion. This is especially true if it's an evening build, which is exceptionally common. After that, subsequent new builds are indeed much faster. When BFA Alpha hit, I went to bed very late and still was waking up to new models and the like added.

13 year member
    Implying it's my first alpha

:thinking:

10+ Year Old Account
    All I hear is the sound of crickets.

Certainly not, but they take a very, very long time to put up most of it when it's the first (non-encrypted) build of a new expansion. This is especially true if it's an evening build, which is exceptionally common. After that, subsequent new builds are indeed much faster. When BFA Alpha hit, I went to bed very late and still was waking up to new models and the like added.

13 year member
    Implying it's my first alpha

:thinking:
    MMO-C usually posts the icons within minutes, and then minimaps, meanwhile wowhead usually has boss/mob/weapon models rolling out in the first hour or two. I'd say the only thing that takes all night is having the complete set, and it mostly seems to be because MMO-C likes to just wait on having full batches before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    MMO-C usually posts the icons within minutes, and then minimaps, meanwhile wowhead usually has boss/mob/weapon models rolling out in the first hour or two. I'd say the only thing that takes all night is having the complete set, and it mostly seems to be because MMO-C likes to just wait on having full batches before posting.
    If you're describing a PTR or an update patch, yes, absolutely agreed. If you're describing the first publicly accessible build of a new product (version X.0) then that's usually not the case. It's pretty common for them to change the way data is arranged or accessed between expansions which requires miners to change their methodology the first pass through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you guys think they will cancel the undead invasions? Especially if they were planning a plague again.