5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    So the last cloak resistance upgrade unlocks the week of September 8th. We'll probably see prepatch late october or sometime in november. Launch in early december. so fixes can be worked on before the holiday break.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    We already have seen a 100% xp bonus and the making of essences available to alts in an easier fashion if you play those alts so I think it is likely they keep doing stuff like that instead of having just one big .5 patch the stuff that would normally be in such a thing are just trickling out over time. I would also kind of expect before this is done they do some massive boost to corruption mitigation so people can go full on tentacle beasts for a month or two.
    More in the sense that such a massive power boost should ideally have some sort of context in game, which is what makes it difficult to patch in. We are very likely to see it eventually though, Legion had the overpowered Artifact and WoD had the upgraded gear system. So odds are we will see something of note eventually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    So the last cloak resistance upgrade unlocks the week of September 8th. We'll probably see prepatch late october or sometime in november. Launch in early december. so fixes can be worked on before the holiday break.
    I wouldnt put much stock into when the cloak is fully upgraded, that seems more like a random number meant to give the illusion that it can be upgraded indefinitely.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    More in the sense that such a massive power boost should ideally have some sort of context in game, which is what makes it difficult to patch in. We are very likely to see it eventually though, Legion had the overpowered Artifact and WoD had the upgraded gear system. So odds are we will see something of note eventually.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldnt put much stock into when the cloak is fully upgraded, that seems more like a random number meant to give the illusion that it can be upgraded indefinitely.
    Blizzard still wouldn't post a prepatch when nobody's had time to grind out timegated cloak upgrades.
    Also, Wowhead puts more stock into it then I do. /shrug
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2020-04-03 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    This isn't a universal rule.
    Obviously. I'm not talking about laws of physics or anything. There are always exceptions when it comes to measuring outcomes against human behavior. I was referring to a general trend based on studies like the one cited by this article: https://www.inc.com/scott-mautz/a-2-...from-home.html

Ultimately, the idea that because suddenly Blizzard has a bunch of folks working remotely means massive delays in Shadowlands is a bit of an alarmist position.

Monday its for sure the day

Quote Originally Posted by zeir View Post
    Monday its for sure the day
    The rumblings confirm

Blizzard still wouldn't post a prepatch when nobody's had time to grind out timegated cloak upgrades.
    People could hit max rank on the cloaks last week. Stop treating azerite levels & artifact power as if inflated numbers alone is actual content. Plus only about a third of the playerbase even pays attention to datamining

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    The rumblings confirm
    That's my arse; somehow, my farts *feel* like egg.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

7+ Year Old Account
    The corruption resistance increases are just token fluff to keep in line with their current "unlimited max upgrades at max level". I wouldn't put much stock into "there's no way they will come out before sept 8th because cloak upgrades still".

That said, because of current delays due to COVID stuff I definitely don't think they would release before sept 8th regardless. We're looking at Oct-Dec.

Any sooner and I'd question the quality of SL unless the state of it during alpha/beta is really top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Shadowlands seemed behind schedule even when unveiled in last Blizzcon. They hardly had anything concrete for it.

And now Corona has shut down the world. Sure Blizz can work from home, but it will still cause massive delays.
    You can't really say they're behind schedule when there isn't a schedule .

Shadowlands seemed behind schedule even when unveiled in last Blizzcon. They hardly had anything concrete for it.

And now Corona has shut down the world. Sure Blizz can work from home, but it will still cause massive delays.
    It had just as much as legion and BFA

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    It had just as much as legion and BFA
    it rly had? i remember bfa having 6 allied races, islands, warfront, dungeons, some features, 2 continents and their zones, some of their plots.

Shadowlands we barely have some info about the early stage of customization for like 3 races, briefly the covenants, some info about the abilities coming back, some info about the tower and i don't remember much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Georg Von Vitzthum View Post
    it rly had? i remember bfa having 6 allied races, islands, warfront, dungeons, some features, 2 continents and their zones, some of their plots.

Shadowlands we barely have some info about the early stage of customization for like 3 races, briefly the covenants, some info about the abilities coming back, some info about the tower and i don't remember much more.
    We are talking about the dev process. And in that regard, Legion and BfA had about the same amount of stuff Shadowlands had at the announcement panels, it was just slightly more focused and had more distinct stuff to showcase, like Legion having almost nothing but half the DH starting area, or BfA allowing you to check out 2 dungeons.

Beyond that though. We already know Shadowlands to have: Dungeons, a large opening raid, a new type of zone with the Maw, a new type of endgame content with Torghast, covenants and associated systems and finally some initial talks about the pre-patch. That is not nothing.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Georg Von Vitzthum View Post
    You forgot the 30 minute talk about the redesigned leveling experience for the non existent new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    We are talking about the dev process. And in that regard, Legion and BfA had about the same amount of stuff Shadowlands had at the announcement panels, it was just slightly more focused and had more distinct stuff to showcase, like Legion having almost nothing but half the DH starting area, or BfA allowing you to check out 2 dungeons.

Beyond that though. We already know Shadowlands to have: Dungeons, a large opening raid, a new type of zone with the Maw, a new type of endgame content with Torghast, covenants and associated systems and finally some initial talks about the pre-patch. That is not nothing.
    still seems like way less info than we have with Legion and BfA, Legion had a free pass because it was not on blizzcon, but shadowlands we don't see much, know the expansion will have a dungeon and a raid is not rly a info, we just heard about few things and how they are in early development and thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayntic View Post
    You can't really say they're behind schedule when there isn't a schedule .

At this point both Legion and BFA tests had begun.

IF they want the game out this year, the tests should be open already.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point both Legion and BFA tests had begun.

IF they want the game out this year, the tests should be open already.
    And none of those times were dealing with social distancing. Relax ffs

This isn't exactly a normal schedule. We know work is being done(Via the builds they keep pushing even if its encrypted).
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-04-03 at 10:09 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Can't wait to hear "Maybe next week" in 3 more days.

I'm looking forward to it even more than an actual Alpha happening. It's just too funny.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    I really thought we would get something this week. An article, announcement, datamined build, Alpha, anything. This is getting to the point of being extremely depressing.

Anyone else just get a 500mb update?