On a side note, wonder if we'll get any hints/suggestions of a final pair of allied races or if it's time to put the nail in the coffin of that discussion after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Veldoranz View Post
    Still not sure if that means no alpha today, or if he is talking about your pizza timeframe.
    https://twitter.com/Zorbrix/status/1247207255428050944 the pizza was okay all is fine in the world

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    No insult but that's making up weird lore for the sake of making an unnecessary lore-changing difference. Wildhammers are the same "race" of Dwarves as those who live in Ironforge. They just have different traditions.
    Well Dark Irons looks crazily different from regular Dwarves so why not the same for Wildhammer. Again its really just an idea to help separate the three clans, no biggie.

Oh they'll for sure make her into the Misunderstood Hero who did what she did only to kill Death and save Azeroth from it.

Just like how Sylvanas wouldn't destroy Teldrassil...

Oh wait.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Eh it's simply that they miss out on an opportunity for unique racials more tied to being hill dwarves. Stoneform and Might of the mountain, even frost resist are a couple of things that could've been changed. Imagine them getting similar to Zandalari a long cd glide, nature resist, haste boost etc. Let alone specific /silly /flirt etc.

Not a huge deal, but just pointing out opportunity costs.

What is worth though is that you can be a wildhammer dwarf on Alliance finally. That's going to feel good.
    Losing the "Tattoo Race" ARs from future development (so that ARs can be on par with the latter half) I think is a good tradeoff for not getting lore favorites like Wildhammer with new racials. Let the tattoo races be barber shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Pretty unnecessary tbh.

Plus, I think most people would be "grumpy" because they were convinced by influencers that Blizzard told them something was planned to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheimy View Post
    On a side note, wonder if we'll get any hints/suggestions of a final pair of allied races or if it's time to put the nail in the coffin of that discussion after all.
    BFA is done. There will definitely be more (allied?) races because they make so much money, but from how 8.3 is they definitely don't want anymore BFA content.

Quote Originally Posted by FuujCraft View Post
    I just wish we could go back to the colorful sets we had in pre WoD. Since then Sets all seem to be desaturated. T11 Priest ist one of the greatest Sets imo. Cata in general was the peak in set design for some classes.

[IMG][/IMG]

MoP hat some great sets too. CM sets were absolutely stunning, they should go back to that style of set design which seems likely for covenants, but those are 4 themed sets per Armor Class, which is a bummer.

[IMG]
    WoD had some good sets. First raid tier probably had the ultimate set for displaying how it is possible to combine raid themed sets with class themed sets. Always a shame to think back and realize we were only a single expansion away from having those sets contain 3D elements.

I do definitely agree on Cata though. Not that big a fan of the Murloc hunter set, nor the Firelands set. As both of those symbolize my usual problem with Hunter/mail sets, in that they seem to default to ideas that other classes didnt get in favor of cooler stuff. Though the DS set is amazing, and i would love for that set to be remade in the current quality.

Generally though the set designers simply do not seem to know how to design hunter sets. Sometimes they seem to stumble on good ideas, but then they seem to get rid of them just as fast. The most egregious moment of that being in Antorus, when every class got what i would describe as the Challenge mode set 2.0. Where hunters got the nagaslayer set, despite the artbook having an absolutely amazing concept for a ranger that they could have used instead.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheimy View Post
    They are done with AR for the time being. Anyone who thinks there is still some final pair have not been paying attention to WoW news since Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    If you think the "whole raiding population" used ML, you are claiming something so far away from reality that there's no point even discussing it.

A tiny percentage of raiders used it. Mostly those pushing Mythic, but also some cargo-cult-types in Heroic. They're a small fraction of the "whole raiding population". Even if we take all Mythic raiders as using it (which they were not, though a lot were), then yeah, that is a tiny percentage.
    I've raided since Vanilla WoW. I have NEVER been in a raiding guild that didn't use Master Loot. Even in BFA we have done our best to get around this shit ass system they forced on us.

They most likely will.

Think the point is is that an alternative route of having fully fleshed out wild hammer in the vein of dark iron dwarfs would of been interesting. Same as other troll tribes and nightborne. Light forged draenei and high mountain are examples of doing allied races poorly. They were quick and cheap. Zandalari and dark iron / mag'har however are good.

But yeah, it most likely will be tattoos and hair. That's good too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Losing the "Tattoo Race" ARs from future development (so that ARs can be on par with the latter half) I think is a good tradeoff for not getting lore favorites like Wildhammer with new racials. Let the tattoo races be barber shop.
    I definitely agree here. Unless it's something like putting a Lightforged Undead on the opposite faction, races that share the exact same model with different customizations should not be a completely separate race option in the character screen.

If this is a precedent to the end of those kind of AR then it'll be better in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Pretty unnecessary tbh.

Plus, I think most people would be "grumpy" because they were convinced by influencers that Blizzard told them something was planned to happen.
    It's fine, they deal with more than enough the snarky comments so we deserve some back.

It's fine, they deal with more than enough the snarky comments so we deserve some back.
    Well, sure.
    But I don't think the cure to undeserved snark is undeserved snark. (aimed at the wrong people)

So no alpha today? I thought muffinus and holinka hinted at it being today. Now whoever this guy is is saying no?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish we could go back to the colorful sets we had in pre WoD. Since then Sets all seem to be desaturated. T11 Priest ist one of the greatest Sets imo. Cata in general was the peak in set design for some classes.

MoP hat some great sets too. CM sets were absolutely stunning, they should go back to that style of set design which seems likely for covenants, but those are 4 themed sets per Armor Class, which is a bummer.
    The Priest set there is cool, but this fits with my point - you never see people wearing it. You barely saw people in it in Cataclysm. Virtually every raiding Priest I knew was mogged into WotLK or TBC sets.

People mog into cool sets. If a Tier set isn't super-fucking-cool, people won't mog into it. And most people regard most Tier sets as "not cool".

Re: saturation, here's the plate sets: https://static.icy-veins.com/images/...nant-plate.jpg

The only one I'd really call "desaturated" is the Undead one, which is probably as it should be.

Here is concept art for the Kyrian ones - I wouldn't call them "desaturated" myself: https://i.redd.it/9yickxljtgw31.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    They are done with AR for the time being. Anyone who thinks there is still some final pair have not been paying attention to WoW news since Blizzcon.
    ARs maybe, races? No. There has to be a good reason why they'd want LESS money.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is true, just seems a bit shameless when it's directed towards those who never gave snark. UNLESS YOU HAVE A DARK PAST >:O

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Just like how Sylvanas wouldn't destroy Teldrassil...

Oh wait.
    That was all part of her 5D Chess plan where she just appeared to work for the Jailer and instead used it as a opportunity to gain his trust and stab him into the back!

The CM sets were amazing but unsure if the persons behind this work are still working at Blizzard