Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Why would someone self insert as an evil and meant-to-be-killed/hate-able character?
    i mean he was not like that before, maybe he saw the mistake and is trying to solve and "clean" the mess killing him

Quote Originally Posted by Georg Von Vitzthum View Post
    i mean he was not like that before, maybe he saw the mistake and is trying to solve and "clean" the mess killing him
    They definitely knew Sylvanas was going to be evil at the start of BFA and Nathanos was used to make Horde players annoyed by her orders. His most "heroic" moment was in Battle for Dazar'alor where he still berates you, and then right after he doesn't care about everyone who died in Nazjatar.

So no I don't think he was every meant to be heroic or a good guy. People are just brainlets who think Danuser's cringey tweets mean that he self inserts, instead of just critiquing how shitty it was that Horde players had to follow an obviously evil character group without any retaliation for an entire expansion.

Much easier and more cathartic to say "Danuser sucks!" than "the writing for Horde players in BFA sucks because lack of agency for player characters being bullied by evil characters".

10+ Year Old Account
    We’ve mostly seen the Titans through their Azeroth expressions. We haven’t gone to a Titan homeworld. We’ve dipped our toes into the Emerald Dream, the Void, and other places.
    Very odd for Danuser to talk about a homeworld for...well beings as big as planets.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    the writing for Horde players in BFA sucks because lack of agency for player characters being bullied by evil characters".
    Also must've felt bad that a character you've been playing that's risen up to pretty badass for their class gets bossed around and is presumably weaker than Nathanos who I'm unsure of what amazing feats he's achieved since being undead.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonwho View Post
    This. People are weird in their hatebone.
    I mean the guy writing for Nathanos outright says on Twitter that Sylvanas is his favorite character. Self Insert or not, he clearly has an agenda with Nathanos' not well hidden boner for Sylvanas.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Very odd for Danuser to talk about a homeworld for...well beings as big as planets.
    Well kinda like Shadowlands is a "homeworld" for many (infinite) entities, that's probably what he meant.

Like as humans we look up to see stars which are actually big ass planets super far away, and shadowlands is treated as a "realm" that could end up being 'earth' and other realms being planets (like Emerald Dream), despite them being so vast.

What if our universe is like a planet to the Titans, our Titans?

I think that's what Danuser means when talking about "looking through a different lens".

They definitely knew Sylvanas was going to be evil at the start of BFA and Nathanos was used to make Horde players annoyed by her orders. His most "heroic" moment was in Battle for Dazar'alor where he still berates you, and then right after he doesn't care about everyone who died in Nazjatar.

So no I don't think he was every meant to be heroic or a good guy. People are just brainlets who think Danuser's cringey tweets mean that he self inserts, instead of just critiquing how shitty it was that Horde players had to follow an obviously evil character group without any retaliation for an entire expansion.

Much easier and more cathartic to say "Danuser sucks!" than "the writing for Horde players in BFA sucks because lack of agency for player characters being bullied by evil characters".
    I don't think Nathanos was also supposed to be full evil, i think they want something different, but with so much backlash towards him they decided to change his end goal.

Just what i think.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Void of my sou... Bah, Argentina :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean the guy writing for Nathanos outright says on Twitter that Sylvanas is his favorite character. Self Insert or not, he clearly has an agenda with Nathanos' not well hidden boner for Sylvanas.
    Then he says he love Alleria. Then Yrel. Then Alexstrasza.

The dude is a nerd with his job.

People just need to follow the guy for a while to know that his sense of humor is... well, nerdy.

did anyone saw the night elf "drow" black color? that was dope

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    so sylvanas and muehzala are connected eh....
    hes why she got chosen eh.....

at this point i think blizzard either needs to not try and say "oh yeah theres secrets in our story you wont expect this" when some random troll on mmo champ can detail some of the story points multiple times on a random forum

that or they need to hire me

on topic I LOVE THE CHANGES!!!!

my ret paladin feels a bit better
    shammy is a contender
    rogue feels like a rogue
    monk is nice but still miss keg toss
    i might want to play my mage

the bad part is the changes made in BFA are killing it for me personally because of the GCD essentially gimping some cool downs
    "but but macros shouldnt be a requirement and it doesnt feel good"
    but honestly if you hit that macro you felt powerful seeing it all go off
    they arent a requirement for anything it was just a common thing done by players heck im macroing the one minute potion to my mains core rotation for leveling in SL

give good feedback boys because they need it
    I was hoping for no more hp, but they seem to be making ret the best its ever been since hp was introduced so I cant complain much. Just getting hammer and WoG back is amazing. Consecration for mass pulls, divine storm for Cleave. I wonder if they should buff cons and make it cost hp?

Divine Storm the choice on 2-4 targets. Cons pulls ahead at 5+?

He’s wailing on himself right now

Quote Originally Posted by Georg Von Vitzthum View Post
    did anyone saw the night elf "drow" black color? that was dope
    Yeah. A skin that basically is a homage to drow elves. Pretty nice.

That should look spooky if you combine it with Night Warrior eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Omgomgomg

7+ Year Old Account
    Yo fk Wildhammer! You can now fully rp as Gotrek Gurnisson!
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Why would someone self insert as an evil and meant-to-be-killed/hate-able character?
    Because he bones Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Omgomgomg

Yaaaaaaas sexy short man!! I'mma need to collect ALL the Gryphon mounts, and decide which one will be my Dwarf Shaman's trusty steed forever more...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    I could swear that I read somewhere in passing the other day that there were now body type customization options. The example given was boob size, I think. I'd like to figure out if there's a way to make leaner or bulkier characters.

Was I dreaming all of this or can anyone confirm that they've seen or read anything about this as well?
    Nah, yeah, that was a dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    I could swear that I read somewhere in passing the other day that there were now body type customization options. The example given was boob size, I think. I'd like to figure out if there's a way to make leaner or bulkier characters.

Was I dreaming all of this or can anyone confirm that they've seen or read anything about this as well?
    If there was it was only a specific type and not any slider or anything like that. Dunno if its true though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

https://www.wowhead.com/news=311980/...luding-tattoos

Those night elf skin tones are so nice. Blond Night Elf ftw!

And finally black hair for Night Elves outside of DH's.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-04-10 at 10:57 PM.