Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    The final villain is an OC character they intend to introduce through the expansion. What about this is so mind-blowing?
    Or like I said... The Arbiter. The absolute deadline on introducing a character that will be the main antagonist is the first patch of the expansion.

That's why I think Shadowlands is about role-reversal. The 4 covenants the players join are the 4 aesthetics used for every generic enemies in this game. And the Jailer is like edgelord personified. I think that was done because we're meant to expect he is the main end boss but in fact it's the Arbiter, who looks very angelic but also is just ominous enough to be a big boss fight. Very jrpg final boss esque.

10+ Year Old Account
    When it turns the entire universe into purgatory/hell and unleashes bad and evil spirits to torture everything for all eternity? Absolutely.
    I mean... well... yeah, that's a possibility, though a possibility of getting rid of "death" is just getting rid of the Afterlife instead of "death" itself, basically actually giving people the peace of the grave and not just...GO ON ANOTHER JOURNEY THAT YOU HAVE NO SAY ON!

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Or like I said... The Arbiter. The absolute deadline on introducing a character that will be the main antagonist is the first patch of the expansion.

That's why I think Shadowlands is about role-reversal. The 4 covenants the players join are the 4 aesthetics used for every generic enemies in this game. And the Jailer is like edgelord personified. I think that was done because we're meant to expect he is the main end boss but in fact it's the Arbiter, who looks very angelic but also is just ominous enough to be a big boss fight. Very jrpg final boss esque.
    "The absolute deadline on introducing a character that will be the main antagonist is the first patch of the expansion."

As I said, ever play Legion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yes, it would be bad to get rid of death. Just consider what it would mean.
    A Naaru vs Demons type fight escalated to the whole universe with no foreseeable end?

Also, the Arbiter is not the final boss. For fucks sake. I thought these types of dumb theories stopped after WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    A Naaru vs Demons type fight escalated to the whole universe with no foreseeable end?
    Absolute chaos
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Also, the Arbiter is not the final boss. For fucks sake. I thought these types of dumb theories stopped after WoD.
    Pyromancer seems to create most of these lol

Well... that immortally didn't worked that well for Arthas, and she showed that the power of the Lich King can be trampled with enough force.
    Only because Arthas caused a ruckus. We really don't know Sylvanas' motives. But if escaping the maw was her only priority then she could have just sat up there for all eternity & no one would have cared. She said it herself. She doesn't want to save herself from the maw... she wants to save EVERYONE from the maw.

I like that they made this character that everyone either loves or hates. But the dumbest thing you can do when you created a character like that is just "kill her off". It's the same reason Loki has "died" so many times in MCU movies but writers still want him around.

Just reading that, I think that's what they might actually do now. Just unleash everything and voidlords all at once, make a massive cosmic expansion. Maybe not 10.0 but it's definitely a possibility eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Absolute chaos
    Yep! Absolute chaos and destruction!

Though to be fair, when i said no more "death" at the start, i actually meant "no more afterlife", that's why i went with the idea that regardless the outcome Sylvanas will die, as even if she wins, there would be more reason for her to just die, so she can taste the peace she wanted so much in oblivion.

I like how so many people are vehemently opposed to the Shadowlands as a fantasy afterlife that they're hoping the Arbiter gets destroyed and/or the Shadowlands themselves (Sylvanas was right!)

Sums up the modern fanbase pretty well. I don't like it, so fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Only because Arthas caused a ruckus. We really don't know Sylvanas' motives. But if escaping the maw was her only priority then she could have just sat up there for all eternity & no one would have cared. She said it herself. She doesn't want to save herself from the maw... she wants to save EVERYONE from the maw.

I like that they made this character that everyone either loves or hates. But the dumbest thing you can do when you created a character like that is just "kill her off". It's the same reason Loki has "died" so many times in MCU movies but writers still want him around.
    Sylvanas is not a philanthropist. She is selfish, greedy, willing to commit genocide, ally with Old Gods, and attempt to kill the entire Alliance and Horde just to save herself from a fate she deserves. At best she deserves to become the new Jailer. At best.

Otherwise, kill her off.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post

Look at this & tell me this doesn't start playing in your head:

It doesn't. The Arbiter's entire purpose is that she sends people to whatever afterlife they're destined to. She tries to keep the balance. That's it. If she is the final boss, I'll gladly take being wrong here. But, from what we've seen so far, the Jailer is the main villain of Shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how so many people are vehemently opposed to the Shadowlands as a fantasy afterlife that they're hoping the Arbiter gets destroyed and/or the Shadowlands themselves (Sylvanas was right!)

Sums up the modern fanbase pretty well. I don't like it, so fuck it.
    I'm not opposed to the shadowlands afterlife, is just that:

A) I like Sylvanas so i don't want her to just have a bad ending (Yeah, bias, not going to paint it as something else)

B) It just seems that's what she wants (and regardless the outcome, she dies, so everyone KIND of happy)

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    If Alliance got Kyrians and Horde Arrakoa, would you be happy assuming both races could be their own flying mount

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Pyromancer seems to create most of these lol
    Still not as bad as his whole "Titans are Void Lords" theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Sylvanas is not a philanthropist. She is selfish, greedy, willing to commit genocide, ally with Old Gods, and attempt to kill the entire Alliance and Horde just to save herself from a fate she deserves. At best she deserves to become the new Jailer. At best.

Otherwise, kill her off.
    Half those things are in your imagination. She never allied with an Old God. N'zoth wanted her to have the Dagger so she'd selfishly covet it, but that's not what she did: She gave it to Azshara specifically to use it to kill N'zoth. And if you're trying to free all the souls from a hell analog any murder you commit is going to be justified.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Ersula;52255983]*turururururururur rururrurururur SEPHIROTh!~*/QUOTE]

I don't really expect her to become the bad guy, Blizzard have shown that they rarely go for such a twist (and by rarely i mean they have never done it)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Death is ugly and it is supposed to be ugly. It's amazing how much resistance there is by people because things are not "heavenly" enough

We already know that considering...well the Scourge....and Teldrassil and among other things. It doesn't need to be anymore ugly. The only person right now that's deserving of something worse then death, its Sylvanas. And oblivion is still death.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi