i wonder if we get a new alpha invite wave with the new build cause thats what usually happens

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhode310 View Post
    i wonder if we get a new alpha invite wave with the new build cause thats what usually happens
    It's a possibility if they want more players to test Torghast.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Better to be able to chose the secondaries IMO, socket I mean I sure want but if I have to sacrifice it..so be it.
    Unfortunately it seems like we can only chose one secondary but that should still reduce the # of rolls substantially to get the combination you want. And early on the choice of secondaries might be more beneficial than the socket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freernnur5 View Post
    I don't think the crafted items that are used as optional is specific to that profession only. They aren't marked as BOP in Wowhead. So for example as a Alchemist I can make the Slippery Concoction which gives the Agility proc buff. I can sell that to a Leatherworker and they can include it as an optional reagent when making an armor piece so that armor piece then will have that proc on it.

The socket falls into this place and shares a choice with the secondary stat choice.

I kind of like the system and the choices it gives do. Do you want a guaranteed socket but want to roll a couple times for the two secondaries you want or do you want to guarantee one the secondaries but can't get a socket on it?
    That makes sense. I was thinking that every profession would have those things as baseline

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhode310 View Post
    I'm hoping so!

*fingers crossed*

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Having played the Bastion storyline, the theory that the Forsworn are noble rebels is based on their literal propaganda. Yes, the process of becoming a Kyrian involves letting go of your memories, mostly the bad ones, but also good ones. But it's a voluntary process - one that we basically fasttrack through, it supposedly takes years on average. It is implied that if you "fail" or want to quit, you get sent back to Oribos, to presumably get assigned another afterlife. Remember, there's many more than just the 5 represented in current SL zones. There could be dozens of peaceful afterlifes where you just rest, no punishment, no service is required of you.
    There's also bureaucracy/hierarchy, the main thread of the questline is about trying to get the higher-ups to notice and take seriously the threat of the Mawsworn (and the Forsworn)

The Forsworn, on the other hand, encourage people to revel in their doubts, to hold on to their memories no matter how traumatizing. And like the Sha in Pandaria, these bad memories manifest as physical (well, for the Shadowlands) and aggressive beings. One of the first transformations into a Forsworn we see is when an aspirant is possessed by, nay, lets in a memory of a Man'ari Eredar, either their former self or their torturer/killer.
    The movement presumably started with the current anima drought caused by the Maw, or was even initiated by the Mawsworn on purpose.
    During their assault on Purity's Pinnacle, you can see them forcibly converting Kyrians into Forsworn. You know, actual brainwashing.
    They are basically Purple Smurfs.

There's also just the general structure of WoW storytelling and color coding, despite Legion's revelation that "the Light can be evil, too". The light blue guys are the "good ones", the faction that more or less a quarter of players will align with, and the dark blue guys are the "evil ones".
    There's also Uther, we see him as a Forsworn, but there's also a Kyrian version, implying he gets cleansed later. Any "twist" to explain that, like a flashback sequence detailing his origins in the "rebellion", or that the Kyrians brainwash him later to be an obediant light blue boy again, is simply unrealistic.
    Okay. I appreciate the explanation. Curious to see how it turns out when I play through it myself and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by freernnur5 View Post
    Realms are offline and Bnet has not started an update.
    Would make sense that they’d try to bring the servers up after the interview with Towelliee I guess. Maybe that’s what’s happening? Anyway, thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    Would make sense that they’d try to bring the servers up after the interview with Towelliee I guess. Maybe that’s what’s happening? Anyway, thanks for the update.
    Towelliee had the interview listed as 10am tomorrow pacific time, so that would be possible, but having the servers offline for about 24 hours seems like a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    The interview is supposed to be the day after it goes live, so it would have to go live today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Odds of build today?

New build just got pushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    So which 4 entities do you think Bonswamdi is talking about rebirthing? We know one of them is Vol'jin.
    But the others? Shadra, Hireek and Rezan? What about Ysera?
    Also, I'm very curious on how and what type of Loa Vol'jin will become. Bonswamdi is the only Loa that looks like a Troll. (I guess Zanza as well?) Makes me brainstorm a bit on Bonswamdi's origins. Like was he a living troll like Vol'jin was? Could he have been the first troll to ever die? lmao I know it's silly speculation, but I'm really curious. I also really want to know what theme Vol'jin will have as a Loa, what he will be a patron of (maybe kings and queens if rezan isn't rezzed), but what will that look like? very excited.
    All 3 loas that perished in Zandalar will be reborn, their files were datamined. So yes, Hi'reek, Shadra and Rezan. 4th one is Vol'Jin.

As for Bwonsamdi...

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I like to think of Bwonsamdi as a mortal troll who died, like you said. Makes the most sense on why he looks/acts/talks in a Jamaican accent like he does.
    He isn't fallen troll. He PREDATES THEM. He was already watching them "before trolls started to call themselves trolls" So longer than trolls started to look like trolls they're now. He is likey acting like Dragons that morph to humanoids. And he did that to be better received by his followers.

He can't be one of them if he predates them. Zanza the Restless is the only known troll that ascended to Loahood.

And Ysera isn't a loa this is why she was no mentioned by him. But she will appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Shadra definitely. Hireek probably not because he acted against the Zandalari nation. It's probably supposed to be a surprise. Saurfang maybe? Though I don't think he even wants to be alive.
    Hi'reek was corrupted by G'huun. And he will appear :
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Ah ok, thought the interview was today. New build though! I’m all hype.

I wonder if the reason that Nature Magic has zero stakes or consequences whatsoever is because it's intended for a softer, more casual audience (see the masses of casual druid and hunter players, Night Elves, etc)

Because holy shit, it would be really funny if literally every single loa or wild god that died recently all came back at the same time along with Ysera. Everyone's okay!! : ) your cutesy wootsy animal friends are all okay please dont kill us

Not joking - I want this rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Oh? They added a Vol-De-Tort model- oh... nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post

[IMG]https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/926275.jpg[IMG]
    Eh, I'll keep my Underlight Angler.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I wonder if the reason that Nature Magic has zero stakes or consequences whatsoever is because it's intended for a softer, more casual audience (see the masses of casual druid and hunter players, Night Elves, etc)

Because holy shit, it would be really funny if literally every single loa or wild god that died recently all came back at the same time along with Ysera. Everyone's okay!! : ) your cutesy wootsy animal friends are all okay please dont kill us
    Given that the goals of nature are harmonious and balanced, it only makes sense that it aligns most closely with those of the living, and would be something that typically only works in our favor.

It would be pretty dumb if they pushed the 'nature has ulterior motives' like they did with the Light. I think its fine for things to be reliably and consistently good.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

These birds scare the hell out of me.

Damn that new customization interface is sexy